I want to do charity work

edited September 2012 in Faith Issues
I could sponsor an egyptian student to do orthodox studies but I think that ministry is more for the diligent who can spare money wisely and for those who have much. The bible says to give as much as you prosper. I am not zealous for that ministry because I believe Jesus does not put unnecessary obstacles to the peoples from accepting Him and so he does not only accept Orthodox.

I would like to sponsor any student who has academic difficulties and has mental health issues only if I have proof he is serious about his studies and therefore he would need to give account of how he is spending his time. I would like there to be a witness for how he is spending his time even if that witness is a video camera

But I don't have my own money yet. Also no one thinks to ask others for help.

However I do not only want to help egyptians but all people and then I will taste and see that the LORD is good for He said the Sun of Righteousness will arise with healing in His wings

So I want to be coached to try to make money that I may gain riches in heaven. I do not fulfill my responsibilities diligently because I do not know how it hurts others and I don't trust I will make wise decisions with the mammon of unrighteousness

I read on facebook someone say He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep which finally pushed me to yap whats inside me

There is one who does not give and comes to poverty and one who gives and becomes rich

Give and it will be give to you

By obeying I will obtain the grace of the Holy Spirit and peace

He gives and does not spare. His righteousness endures forever

Why should our goals be left undone?

But I do not know how to manage this task. Can't the church get involved?

I think the problem is not me who is unwilling to give but it is those who don't want to get better or be humble

you ask and you do not receive because you want to spend it on your pleasures and sins,  and forget God's will completely

The government does not pay for one on one endless tutoring done by a patient tutor until he sees his student succeed because that costs a lot for people like me

Comments

• Unrightous mammon is only used when you have little or no chose. It is to get you by in life so you aren't to fail and is permitted by God as He says "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. "Therfore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
  •   I would like to do charity work too.
    "Performance of spiritual works of mercy" is one of "The Chief Aids to Penitence" the other aids being Prayer and Fasting.
    [center]The Chief Works of Mercy[/center]
    1.    To feed the hungry
    2.    To give drink to the thirsty
    3.    To clothe the naked
    4.    To ransom captives
    5.    To shelter the homeless
    6.    To visit the sick
    7.    To bury the dead

We have to be humble and wise. And in all things have total trust in the guidance of The Holy Spirit, faith in our Almighty God to protect us from evil In Christ Jesus our Lord!!!
  • Go to your local charity and volunteer, giving up some of your time during weekends or something. Doesn't have to be money.
  • Thanks for your inputs may God also guide our lives