Prayer Hours

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Just wondering
when I wake up at lets say 8 am. Should i pray the prime or the tierce?
Same with night time, is it customary to pray the compline regardless of the time or must we stick to the times that are suggested?

thanks

Comments

• there is no such things that you must pray regardless of your time, it depends on your wish as prayer is a means of making our heart and mind relax just on the name of the almighty god. So feel free for your desire and trust for these things.
  • I disagree. There's a reason why the church puts times on the hours of the agpeya. If you wake up at 8am, I would pray the first hour. Simply because its still early and the first hour focuses on the rest of the day.
  •   The first hour is for the light to shine on us and it makes sense since we are waking. The Third hour is for the decent of the Holy Spirit so would be as we are more involved about facing the things in this world like needing protection, purity, etc.

My prayers are for you chicken. may the Lord keep you in his peace.
  • The agpya is a way to help us initiate prayer when we don't know what to say.

Different hours have different text that can help us reflect. However, they are not to strictly make us pray them at set times during the day.

If you like e.g. the midnight prayer, then by all means go ahead and pray it. you don't have to wait till midnight to get to pray it.