The Rite of the Absolution of the Woman?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
So, I was reading in a 1932 Euchologion of the Liturgies of St. Basil and St. Gregory written by Hegumen Abd al-Messih Soliman from Deir al-Sourian, and when he is listing the different phrases the Priest utters when doing the sign of the cross at the end of the Prayer of Thanksgiving, he says:
[center]٣) وفي بخور تحليل المرأة)[/center]

Nem ebol ha taichimi ;ai [center]/[/center][right]وعن هذه المرأة[/right]
I was hoping if someone could explain to me what this rite of the Absolution of the Woman (rough translation) is/was? And if they could send me in the direction of the resources to find out more about it.

Many thanks.

Comments

• I believe it's the rite that is read on the women after giving birth. You know how we wist 40 days for a male and 80 days for a female to baptize?! Those days are not for the child but for the women to then be able to take communion. And the reason you also attach the child and the mother is because she becomes his/her eshbeen(helper thorough the life as a christian). For sample, I was baptized 3 month after I was born...my brothers I believe we're also baptized later after 40 days of their birth. But the absolution was read on my mother after 40 days that she can take communion. That also shows that the rite is separate from the rite of baptism but most of the time they are in the same book.
  • Thank you for your explanation Mina  :) I will go and search in the direction of the rite of the Baptism for more information.
  • Ok. so since it is "the morning" for me and waht i said before was around 3 am when i am in bed on my ipad, i just wanted to confirm that everything i said is correct since I am looking at rites book right now. JG, I'll even give you a summery of the rite:
    - Thanksgiving prayer
    - The Pauline (Heb 1:8-12)
    - Trisagion, litany of the gospel, the psalm and Gospel (Psalm 31:1-2 Luke 2:21-35)
    - The three long litanies.
    - A Prayer over the woman
    - Our Father...
    - The three absolution (similar to vespers and matins)
    - The priest anoints the woman with the oil of Bright Saturday
    - The women enters the church and takes communion.

If the child is female, only the readings change:
    - Pauline 1 Co 7:12-14
    - Psalm 33:12
    - Gospel Luke 10: 38-42