Egypt in isiah

edited July 2012 in Random Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [quote author=gbe link=topic=13496.msg157470#msg157470 date=1341807290]
    There is this issue that people think Egyptian Christians are no different just very strict in their religion but Egypt is mentioned in The book of Isiah

The land if Egypt, and the people of Egypt, were surely blessed by Christ's visit. The strong Church there is surely also a blessing.

But to say that this make Egyptians different than other Christians is utterly wrong. Christ came to abolish every division, and establish one Church, that is the first social group to transgress every human boundary, encompassing all people in all times and places, of all classes, races, and cultures.

To say that Egyptian Christians are inherently superior to other ethnicities is completely contrary to the Gospel of Christ who blessed your land!
  • The Tradition in England is that our Lord visited these islands when he was a youth, with his uncle, St Joseph of Arimathea, and that while he was here he built the Vetusta Ecclesia at Glastonbury, the 'Old Church', with his own hands, and which became the first church building in use when the first British Christians gathered after his resurrection.

The ancient wooden church was later enclosed in a stone structure, and was unfortunately destroyed by fire in 1148.
  • The Egyptian church is part of the body of Christ. We know this part of the body by the relationship we have had with God, and through our theology we can say how well we know him. He has done things to create the church: The relationship with holding the jews captive the then freeing them; Having Saint Mark come to Eygpt and the church to be a part of his body; The church forming the bible; and the many other things that speak of closeness in direction of God. The church is only different because of the experiance of this part of the body. Because of this experiance we can say we are different to protestants, because in their communion their taking of the body is symbolic of what it says in the bible and not the true body of Christ. If they are not taking the true body of Christ then are they the true body of Christ even though they say they are christian?
          I believe we are the true bride because of the relationship we have been blessed with that has been before christ came, for like everything he has changed weakness into strength; from Pharaoh's time to the arrival of Christ it has all been relationship.

God bless our church.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=gbe link=topic=13496.msg157683#msg157683 date=1342338248]
    Fr peter  i apoligise from the bottom of my heart if this insulted you i didnt mean egyptians but i meant the egyptian church as i consider the muslims in egypt not worthy to be called egyptians (MOST OF THEM ARE ARABS)

There is no such thing as an Egyptian Church. There is the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church of God. It is made up of people from all nations. Or are you saying our brothers and sisters in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and the Eritrean Orthodox Church, and the Indian Orthodox Church, and the Armenian Orthodox Church, and the Syrian Orthodox Church, and the British Orthodox Church, and the French Orthodox Church, are inferior to those in the Coptic Orthodox Church? These are all local Patriarchates and synods of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, which transcends all cultural and national divisions, uniting all of humanity. Christ came to unite us, and first we divide ourselves again along ethnic bounds, then we start saying one Ethnicity and those affiliated with it are superior, based on the blessing of a visit from the very Saviour who came to unite us and not to divide us. What a sad state we've come to.
  • [quote author=qawe]I think that's a bit ethnocentric. In the eyes of Christ, Egyptians are no better than anyone else. That would be a great insult to Fr Peter.

[quote author=jonathan_ link=topic=13496.msg157692#msg157692 date=1342368657]
    then we start saying one Ethnicity and those affiliated with it are superior, based on the blessing of a visit from the very Saviour who came to unite us and not to divide us. What a sad state we've come to.

qawe and jonathan_,

I don't know what your issue is, but as far as I can see, no one in this thread said that the Coptic church is superior to any other church. No one even implied it. This issue seems to come up continually in your posts. There is really no need to unload your emotional baggage on a 13 year old kid over the internet for no apparent reason.
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=13496.msg157693#msg157693 date=1342370157]
    qawe and jonathan_,

I don't know what your issue is, but as far as I can see, no one in this thread said that the Coptic church is superior to any other church. No one even implied it. This issue seems to come up continually in your posts. There is really no need to unload your emotional baggage on a 13 year old kid over the internet for no apparent reason.

There is this issue that people think Egyptian Christians are no different just very strict in their religion but Egypt is mentioned in The book of Isiah

So there is a problem, that people think that Egyptian Christians are no different than other Christians, they're just strict, but in fact, Egyptian Christians are different than other Christians, Egypt is mentioned in the Bible...

Is there another way of interpreting this?

• [quote author=jonathan_ link=topic=13496.msg157694#msg157694 date=1342370408]

So there is a problem, that people think that Egyptian Christians are no different than other Christians, they're just strict, but in fact, Egyptian Christians are different than other Christians, Egypt is mentioned in the Bible...

Is there another way of interpreting this?

The kid is simply saying that Egypt is mentioned in the book of Isaiah - which is correct, and is a fact one can take pride in; not that Egyptian Christians are better than others, but merely that one's homeland has been blessed by the physical presence of the Saviour.

No need to attack him over it.

[EDIT - Quoting mishaps.]
  •   I think we know who gbe is talking about when he says the Egyptian church. He could say the one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church, but in his mind and the way he feels he is saying to what he feels belongs even when in fact it is much wider than what he is saying. Forgive him.