Summer

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Now that summer is here, what's a good way to spend the summer. I'm trying to avoid video games this summer. But with so much free time, it'll be hard to. Any suggestions for spiritual things to do?
Also, please be practical, don't tell me start my own clinic or to travel to Africa lol.

Comments

• Have you ever considered serving the mission in Africa?  :P

In all seriousness though, I would say get reading. Sayedna left us with dozens of books that would take a lot more than just a summer to get through.

Doesn't have to be all work and no play, though. Summer is also a nice time to get in good physical shape, which really has a big effect on mood.  :D
  • Have you ever considered starting your own clinic?  :P

In all seriousness though, I would say watch as many films/listen to as many albums as you can and sign up to some music/film cataloging/rating site to record your feelings.
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=13392.msg156670#msg156670 date=1339542532]
    Have you ever considered starting your own clinic?  :P

In all seriousness though, I would say watch as many films/listen to as many albums as you can and sign up to some music/film cataloging/rating site to record your feelings.

Hahaha. Same exact format as the previous post! "In all seriousness" ? lol
  • I tried finding a job, but it's not looking too promising since im under 18 and have no job experience.
    so these days, all i do is go on fb and watch tv and hang out.
    but i cant takee it anymoree! it's a measly and futile way of spending a summer.
    i am going to read...eventually  :)

so any other ideasss?
  • I think you should start a clinic. ;)

"In all seriousness", learn hymns! Read spiritual books! Get in shape! And you could also consider getting a head start on all of next years courses in school. You could just briefly look over everything for each topic, or at least something you may struggle in, and learn it! :)