Church calendar ?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hi,
Does anyone know where i can get the upcoming dates of the Church feasts?
I heard next year, Easter is 5 weeks after the catholics?
Thanks

Comments

• wow, that makes it may 5th, and catholic/protestant easter march 31st.
    that's 5 weeks watching people eat chocolate!
    :(
    also kids will have to go to school in Holy week.
    maybe i should emigrate to egypt to avoid the confusion.
  • My dad would pull us out of schools for the whole Pascha Week.
    Homework and lessons were done in advance.
    There was no school during Pascha.
    We turned out okay.

No chocolate means no chocolate.
    It only makes it sweeter when you have the chance to appreciate a symbol of the
    sweetness of life and God.

I think that the five week difference passes quickly.

In May, there is no chance for snow.

• [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13204.msg154859#msg154859 date=1335102274]
    also kids will have to go to school in Holy week.

noooo :'(
  • don't cry, just ask yr church to put extra services on during the 'easter holidays'. it will be lent anyway, so it's a good time to do extra services. if the priest is too busy, then get together and pray or do tasbeha. anyone can sing midnight praises, just download some from this lovely website here and learnt it well and then sing together.
    when i was a kid and a protestant, there used to always be much LESS going on during the school holidays. that sucked.

so, everyone, make sure there is loads of lovely spiritual things for the young people to do when they have spare time!
    :)
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13204.msg154866#msg154866 date=1335127938]
    don't cry, just ask yr church to put extra services on during the 'easter holidays'. it will be lent anyway, so it's a good time to do extra services. if the priest is too busy, then get together and pray or do tasbeha. anyone can sing midnight praises, just download some from this lovely website here and learnt it well and then sing together.
    when i was a kid and a protestant, there used to always be much LESS going on during the school holidays. that sucked.

so, everyone, make sure there is loads of lovely spiritual things for the young people to do when they have spare time!
    :)

Are midnight praises only for the night before a liturgy?