Pope's Commandments - KEEP THE FAITH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I find it remarkable that the 1st commandment given to us by His Holiness is that we guard the faith of the Holy Trinity.

Out of everything the Pope wanted to tell us before his passing away, it was to keep the faith of the Trinity - to understand it, to believe in HOW our God expresses His Love.

The Coptic Corner app (GOD BLESS THE GUYS THAT WROTE THIS) has an entire section on understanding Divinity with books from Fr. Tadros Malaty and His Holiness. I was reading it today whilst on the Metro.

If you go to the section on Theology, I recommend that you all read the books on:

* The Trinity
* Can God be Three?
* Can God have a Son?
* Does God Die?

But more importantly, why would he ask this of us now??

Comments

• The sermon was in fact a commentary of the Coptic Orthodox Funeral rite for our fathers the Patriarchs. It is set by the Church, divinely inspired to bring comfort and hope to the people. We must remember that the funeral rites more than anything are for those who are left behind. His Grace, Anba Paphnoutios, was attempting to explain to the congregation to hear the words as if they are coming from the mouth of our Father the Patriarch. May his memory be eternal.

In saying that it does not detract from the splendor of the words that the Holy Spirit has gifted us with for our comfort and hope for the times to come. We trust in the Resurrected Lord repose the soul of our Thrice blessed father the saint and Patriarch Abba Shenouda and also to safeguard the Church till one is enthroned who is worthy.
  • [quote author=Christs' servant link=topic=13063.msg153430#msg153430 date=1332322654]
    The sermon was in fact a commentary of the Coptic Orthodox Funeral rite for our fathers the Patriarchs. It is set by the Church, divinely inspired to bring comfort and hope to the people. We must remember that the funeral rites more than anything are for those who are left behind. His Grace, Anba Paphnoutios, was attempting to explain to the congregation to hear the words as if they are coming from the mouth of our Father the Patriarch. May his memory be eternal.

In saying that it does not detract from the splendor of the words that the Holy Spirit has gifted us with for our comfort and hope for the times to come. We trust in the Resurrected Lord repose the soul of our Thrice blessed father the saint and Patriarch Abba Shenouda and also to safeguard the Church till one is enthroned who is worthy.

Thank you so much for your post!

So this is read at every funeral of a Patriarch?

I still spent time reading more on the Trinity - I really recommend to anyone books by Fr. Tadros Malaty. He is a Coptic Orthodox Priest, and is brilliant. His writings are very clear and easy to understand.

Also, the amount of knowledge on this site is just remarkable. I really am impressed.
  • It is a warning relative to the aggressive forces of apostasy that deny the Holy Trinity, ie, Islam, Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses, indeed any sin detracts from the Holy Trinity.