How can I purge my mind from all impurities?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
My mind is always overcoming me, and they sometimes make me fall into sin :( i just wish i can filter everything in my mind, and never access the evil thoughts. How can I remove all these thoughts from my mind??

Comments

• [quote author=✞Je Nai Nan✞ link=topic=12974.msg152555#msg152555 date=1330385738]
    My mind is always overcoming me, and they sometimes make me fall into sin :( i just wish i can filter everything in my mind, and never access the evil thoughts. How can I remove all these thoughts from my mind??

Unfortunately, there is no quick fix. In order to get the bad thoughts out of your mind you need to fill it with other things. For example, repeat the Jesus prayer constantly. And DON'T LEAVE YOURSELF WITHOUT ACTIVITIES. ALWAYS be doing something, never sit with yourself and do nothing. It won't lead anywhere except sin.
  • what do you suggest i could do in order to replace my sitting alone??
  • I wouldn't even say replace your time sitting alone. But adjust it. Try to set aside quiet meditation time sometime in your day; I can't begin to tell you how beneficial this is. If you don't have a specific time in your day for reading this Bible, that's the perfect time to do it. I suggest a nice secluded place outside if that's manageable. If you can give yourself 20 minutes like this each day, or even less if your schedule is tight, it will do wonders.
  • [quote author=✞Je Nai Nan✞ link=topic=12974.msg152570#msg152570 date=1330400161]
    what do you suggest i could do in order to replace my sitting alone??

Take Fr. Peter's course!!

• [quote author=TITL link=topic=12974.msg152586#msg152586 date=1330445309]
    [quote author=✞Je Nai Nan✞ link=topic=12974.msg152570#msg152570 date=1330400161]

Take Fr. Peter's course!!

Oh dear.  I would recommend you try something like the Jesus prayer, which is a tradition evolved for this purpose.  It bears fruit if it is practised under the guidance of a skilled teacher with practical experience in its benefits. The religious education (modelled after secular education) which we've imported into our Church is not designed to fix these kinds of problems (if anything they make it worse).
  • We all struggle with something. I believe it was St. Basil who struggled for 30 years with one sin. The key is to fight the sin with the medicine the church prescribes. Over time the frequency of the sin relents, and eventually stops. Endure my good friend.
  • [quote author=✞Je Nai Nan✞ link=topic=12974.msg152570#msg152570 date=1330400161]

Why not pray? A person should "enjoy" his prayer. You can contemplate or you can read, preferably the Bible, but it does not have to be so.
  • +Keep the Psalms and the Psalms will keep you - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Pray to God with them. Read them to God from your heart.
    They have Truth, Life and the Spirit of God in them (as with all of God's Word).

"You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you." - John 15:3
  • Heavy Octane Brain Bleach. Brain procedure to clear the memory permanently (with other unwanted effects). There are many physical ways to cleanse your mind. But if you want to possess only pure thoughts and memories and get rid of the latter then read above.