Need help from priests

edited January 2012 in Faith Issues
I feel afraid from asking priests about many of my problems but sometimes I really need guidance from someone close to God so I ask that priests be more open to personal problems I know being a priest can be hard
I trust a priest is not affected spiritually from people's problems and he wants to stay faithful to God when it gets difficult do not be afraid to refer to another priest

Comments

• Some things should not be told to a priest because it can trouble him and It gets in the way of him serving and doing other duties and the thoughts can plague him so that he can nog stop thinking about it when he is with his family
  • That is not true at all.

No spiritual child should think that there is anything which troubles them which they should not share with their priest and spiritual father.
  • Father Peter,

Your post just gave me the chills (the good, cozy kind of chills, like when I read a chapter from Sirach). :)

User157,

Priests have heard and seen everything, you'll never surprise them during confession.
    Also, they have more important things to occupy their minds with than to remember your sins ;)
  • I am not talking about sins
  • The relationship with a spiritual father is not just about sins. It mostly shouldn't be about sins but about spiritual life.
  • I had a spiritual father for 1 week. Then he blocked me on facebook and somehow blocked my phone number. I will refrain from sharing what I had said that prompted that, but needless to say, I need a spiritual father.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=12815.msg150567#msg150567 date=1326775342]
    I had a spiritual father for 1 week. Then he blocked me on facebook and somehow blocked my phone number. I will refrain from sharing what I had said that prompted that, but needless to say, I need a spiritual father.

You should confront him about it to make sure that this is really the case. If so, contact the bishop about this issue because no matter what the situation is, the priest shouldn't block out a member of his people.