Monk's Ordination

I was wondering if anyone had a video of a monk being ordained? I just always found it interesting that they pray the funeral prayer over them. Thanks :)

Comments

• On a side note, I always thought it was called a Monk's Consecration.

Ordination implies rank, and I don't think becoming a monk is a rank. It isn't higher than a congregation person, if anything it is lower out of humility (for them, though for us, we respect them (as we should respect everyone :P))

Anyone?
  • [quote author=tenoosht link=topic=12511.msg146787#msg146787 date=1319861231]
    On a side note, I always thought it was called a Monk's Consecration.

Ordination implies rank, and I don't think becoming a monk is a rank. It isn't higher than a congregation person, if anything it is lower out of humility (for them, though for us, we respect them (as we should respect everyone :P))

Anyone?

Makes a lot of sense, but I've always heard it referred to as ordination. You may have a point, though.
  • [quote author=aiernovi link=topic=12511.msg146785#msg146785 date=1319858534]
    http://www.stmarkcoccleveland.org/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=204&task=view.download&catid=45&cid=432

Enjoy!

Cool thanks for the link! Yeah it is really interesting to see all the elements from the Passion and funeral services. Hahah there are like more bishops at the service than congregation. Beautiful church btw!
  • Does anyone know where exactly this ordination was taking place?
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12511.msg146790#msg146790 date=1319863887]
    Does anyone know where exactly this ordination was taking place?

I'm guessing St Mark's in Cleveland?

Also do Monks get another funeral when they actually die?
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=12511.msg146791#msg146791 date=1319864328]
    [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12511.msg146790#msg146790 date=1319863887]
    Does anyone know where exactly this ordination was taking place?

I'm guessing St Mark's in Cleveland?

Also do Monks get another funeral when they actually die?

Wow, that's a good question. I never thought about that lol
  • Yes, Monks do receive a funeral when they actually die. Granted it is a different funeral. Granted, there are some changes. Monks have died to the world figuratively, but the prayers over their physically departing soul is still prayed. If you search Deacon Albeir Gamal Mikhail's Deacon service book, you will realize that there are different funerals for men, women, priests, hegomens, monks, bishops, and the patriarch.

ReturnOrthodoxy