I Need Patience

edited June 2011 in Prayer Requests
Hello all,

I am currently being very severely tested by my medical/health situation, and the baffling and seemingly unending series of hoops I'm being made to jump through to try to get anyone to help me or even listen to me. It's really trying what little patience I have left for this particular situation. I'm shamefully losing my peace very frequently over this situation and its effect on my life, even as I know that everything is in God's hands. Please, please pray for me in my weakness that I gain trust in the Lord and patience to not just endure the trials in life, but to embrace them with joy and thanksgiving. Surely my life, no matter how bad I think it is, is a gift from God and my trials are nothing compared to those of others.

Thank you.

Comments

• May the Lord have mercy on you and grant you all you need to persevere in this trial.
  • May God help you through your pain and discomfort, and turn it into joy and gladness. Amen.

Be strong brother, here is a verse just for your situation:

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

(James 1 : 2-8)
  • There is a story about a famous Greek saint which says that he had a horrible problem with his temper and one day being compelled to repent he also prayed to God for patience.  As he left the church he met a brother who used to rouse displeasure in him and he almost instantly lost his temper, he also met another brother who was a good friend which for almost the first time ever made him lose his temper.  He returned to the Church in fury and asked God why he has prayed for patience and then lost his temper so quickly after praying.  A voice replied to him that he was only giving him what he asked for - the opportunity to learn patience - and so this was the beginning of learning to vanquish his sin.

May God be with you, sustain you and grant you everlasting peace.

LiD
  • Great story!  ;D

It can be applied to so many things.
  • Yes, that is a wonderful story. Thank you, everyone. God is good, and I actually got someone from county medical services on the phone today. Granted, it was only for about 90 seconds, and she hung up on me (I choose to assume it was an accident), but it is just enough to calm me down about this and give me a little hope that I'm at least not just spinning my wheels.

I still need prayers and patience, of course, but today I just want to rejoice! I have been really despairing about this recently, after literally months of the same old (crummy) situation. But now there is hope that I might actually get appropriate medical care before I move out of state. 

Alleluia, His mercy endures forever!