Please pray for me, I am in a lot of pain.

edited May 2011 in Prayer Requests
Please help me. No one is willing to pray for me. When I ask them to pray for me, they just tell me "grow up" or "we aren't in elementary school." They don't believe in the power of prayer. Please, this is serious, I beg you pray for me, lest I fall into the snare of 'the anathema.'

Comments

• i am not sure if i wanna do that now. and also, anathema to what exactly?
  • I'm not a sinner.

I'm not praying for you either.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=11506.msg138614#msg138614 date=1306508441]
    I'm not a sinner.

I'm not praying for you either.

Everyone is a sinner, only our Lord is not a sinner, you are comparing yourself to Jesus Christ. Hey Everyone, better get ready for the rapture, our Lord is back!
  • What is this? I didn't know 6 year olds were allowed to make accounts on tasbeha.org?! Grow up, Sudani.

Abba Antony:

A brother said to Abba Anthony, 'Pray for me.' The old man said to him, 'I will have no mercy upon you, nor will God have any, if you yourself do not make an effort and if you do not pray to God.'

• [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11506.msg138641#msg138641 date=1306527619]
    What is this? I didn't know 6 year olds were allowed to make accounts on tasbeha.org?! Grow up, Sudani.

Abba Antony:

A brother said to Abba Anthony, 'Pray for me.' The old man said to him, 'I will have no mercy upon you, nor will God have any, if you yourself do not make an effort and if you do not pray to God.'

hmmm there is no age limit.....i am 969 and am here  :P
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11506.msg138659#msg138659 date=1306533221]
    [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11506.msg138641#msg138641 date=1306527619]
    What is this? I didn't know 6 year olds were allowed to make accounts on tasbeha.org?! Grow up, Sudani.

Abba Antony:

hmmm there is no age limit.....i am 969 and am here  :P

Haha! but I am talking about an age minimum  ;)
  • Father may you help Sudani in whatever he is struggling with. Amen.

Sudani, if you want to post something useful then do it. If you want to post a prayer request, then do it in a professional manner, we aren't in elementary school. God with you brother.
  • This is the funniest thread I've seen.

Sudani - what do you want us to pray for anyway?

• Tasbeha has been getting stranger and stranger. Some of the posts are so absurd, I am left wondering where do these people live that this kind of stuff happens? I have a feeling there are an abundance of non-Orthodox people who post here for kicks.
  • No thread has ever left me so confused before.
  • God with you brother, with the prayers of Virgin Mary and all the saints amen.
  • With the edit of this title and the original post I sound like a jerk. You can't make one post, have people respond and then change it completely. . .
  • i read the original post, so the answers do make sense.
    sudani, i pray for you, you need to pray for people also and study the Bible and listen well in church as some of the answers you need may be just around the corner.
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11506.msg138681#msg138681 date=1306570007]
    With the edit of this title and the original post I sound like a jerk. You can't make one post, have people respond and then change it completely. . .

Yeah, this was just weird.
  • Rofl! He changed the post to make it look like everyone else is being mean. If you didnt see the original post, it said that Bishop Moussa said everyone had to pray 1000 kyrie eleisons for Sudani or they would fall in anathema
  • That's messed up.

Servant33, you forgot to mention that the thread was entitled "Get off your butts and pray for me, you sinners!!"
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11506.msg138675#msg138675 date=1306554418]
    Tasbeha has been getting stranger and stranger. Some of the posts are so absurd, I am left wondering where do these people live that this kind of stuff happens? I have a feeling there are an abundance of non-Orthodox people who post here for kicks.

I'm Coptic Orthodox in Canada. I have almost no Coptic influence in my life except my relations with God, church every week and that's all. I don't talk or even see any Coptic people in the rest of the week. Now you're saying I'm not permitted to post on this forum?
  • TITL and servant33

You guys evidently need some clarification. our poor brother over here obviously needs prayers. While the first time he expressed this need it may have been in a childish manner, he needs them none the less. He then realized the fault he had, and so changed what it  was that people did not like, into a normal message and a plea for prayers. And you have the audacity to insult him, and bring back the message to the forum??!! Doesn't that seem a bit cruel to you? Have some respect for him, and allow for forgiveness. He took of the message, don't bring it back.

How can you stand before God and ask for forgiveness when you not only refuse to forgive your brother, but make public the mistake that  he tried to cover up? How are you gonna stand before God and pray when you have hurt is child. God will shut out your prayer because it is a lie. You say in the Lords prayer, "As we forgive those who trespassed against us." Yet you cant even forgive those who HAVE NOT trespassed against you. Don't try lying to God like that.

Sudani has obviously learned a lesson, so get back to the core of his message. Pray for him. Dont just insult him.

God forgive us!

And to you Sudani, "Peace, Be still, and know that i am God!" (psalm 46:10) god bless you.

-Return Orthodoxy
  • [quote author=returnorthodoxy link=topic=11506.msg138694#msg138694 date=1306596781]
    TITL and servant33

You guys evidently need some clarification. our poor brother over here obviously needs prayers. While the first time he expressed this need it may have been in a childish manner, he needs them none the less. He then realized the fault he had, and so changed what it  was that people did not like, into a normal message and a plea for prayers. And you have the audacity to insult him, and bring back the message to the forum??!! Doesn't that seem a bit cruel to you? Have some respect for him, and allow for forgiveness. He took of the message, don't bring it back.

How can you stand before God and ask for forgiveness when you not only refuse to forgive your brother, but make public the mistake that  he tried to cover up? How are you gonna stand before God and pray when you have hurt is child. God will shut out your prayer because it is a lie. You say in the Lords prayer, "As we forgive those who trespassed against us." Yet you cant even forgive those who HAVE NOT trespassed against you. Don't try lying to God like that.

Sudani has obviously learned a lesson, so get back to the core of his message. Pray for him. Dont just insult him.

God forgive us!

And to you Sudani, "Peace, Be still, and know that i am God!" (psalm 46:10) god bless you.

-Return Orthodoxy

Dear returnorthodoxy,

I guess you don't understand how bizarre the original post was. It was enough that an outsider reading that this was message from Bishop Moussa will think our church is a joke but the message was even worse and the title was the worst part. Now all that is changed but our responses make Coptic people look cruel (as was your reaction). So TITL and servant33 are perfectly justified in their posts b/c they are bringing back the context for all the responses. I see no insults so stop imaging them.

I am sure you are aware that many people from many places read these threads - including this one. By editing the original post and title anyone who follows this thereafter can only come to the conclusion that Coptic people are heartless and have no compassion on people asking sincerely for prayers. That would be a false conclusion. But how would they figure it out?

That said, I repeat the saying of Abba Antony (again):

BTW, the only reason I am skeptical of Sudani's posts for prayers is that he/she created a thread before telling us to do metanias, kyrie eleysons and other things. I have never seen requests for prayers with specific commands. I guess the fact that I am offended by that shows a lack of humility on my part. Forgive me for reacting the way I did, Sudani.

God bless.
  • lol i was also very confused !
    God be with you sudani in whatever it is that you need help with
    you are in my prayers  :)

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=11506.msg138693#msg138693 date=1306596304]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11506.msg138675#msg138675 date=1306554418]
    Tasbeha has been getting stranger and stranger. Some of the posts are so absurd, I am left wondering where do these people live that this kind of stuff happens? I have a feeling there are an abundance of non-Orthodox people who post here for kicks.

I'm Coptic Orthodox in Canada. I have almost no Coptic influence in my life except my relations with God, church every week and that's all. I don't talk or even see any Coptic people in the rest of the week. Now you're saying I'm not permitted to post on this forum?

Of course you can post here. It's just that Sudani has been posting the weirdest things ever, and we think that he is just here to waste people's time and make us look bad.
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=11506.msg138693#msg138693 date=1306596304]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=11506.msg138675#msg138675 date=1306554418]

Khas, why have you taken Ioannes' statement to be directed towards you? You didn't start this thread and you are Orthodox. Please continue to post freely on this forum. BTW, I thought Canada was filled with Coptic churches and people, where do you live?
  • I will definitely pray for you, God will bless you brother.