Recent topics

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey all,
I have noticed for a while, that the replies to the post and sometimes the posts themselves
are not very Christ like. I know I am not the one to talk, but this has been bothering me a lot.
I used to be very into "tasbeha.org> Forum" as a way to learn and to get information.
I used to love this community soo much that I even told my friend to join so he would benefit too.
The recent stuff I see are very "not Christ like" This is very disapointing.
I don't mean to attack any specific person or people but all I am trying to say, is that we should
stop acting this way. I haven't had anything said directly to me, but I still have seen stuff I don't
like being posted. Everytime, I see something like that I get turned off and even repulsed by
the manner we are communicating with each other; brothers and sisters in the faith.
I have thought several times of even leaving this site because of this. I know that to you guys,
I am pretty valueless in terms of knowledge, so it shouldn't affect much.
I would just like to apologize if I wrote anything that offended anyone in my posts.
I just hope, wish, and pray that God will strengthen us against the evil brain-twisting, the devil has reserved for us.
Cyril

Comments

• Cyril,
    Can you please give examples? Like maybe I said something or other people have said something without noticing it, so can you explain what you mean so we can review ourselves?

Please don't leave this site, you are a really, really wise person and even though you say that you are "valueless", I say that we are all equal on this site. And actually it will have an affect because I see that every one's views count no matter on what side.

I definitely know what you mean, and I felt that before where sometimes we are passing the line somehow, but can you explain?

Your Sister in Christ,
    CopticStrength
  • I'm out of here.

This site is very much on the loose.. It is like there are no admins moderating at all.

Not even with the issue about the attitude it peoples' posts but with just moderating things such as merging new threads into old if they are the same topic etc. all the little details that makes all the difference - nothing.

I'm out of here.. I'm not even gonna download any hymns from this website anymore, not even worth it. I used to... but I'm gonna delete everything tasbeha.org from my computer, besides the hymns here aren't top quality anyways. This site is not worth my time (which I don't have much of) and effort. I'm gonna save it for other useful and respectable websites and things.

This site has NEVER brought my spiritual life higher one bit... just LOWER - maybe that's why I stopped posting for a few years and when I came back I kept giving every day a new chance.. but that hasn't even worked. Coz this site is too crap. Oh and I can tell you easily the ways ones spiritual life decreases... too easy.

This website is probably the WORST example of Coptic Egyptians ever! That's why there's always talk here on "how Egyptians or Copts appear to the outside world." Duhhh.

Okay, more than half of peoples' posts are mainly arguing about each others attitudes rather than about the topic at hand! Like what the hell?!

But, I believe it is the season of the Great Lent - So, let's not let the satan use us against each other after all. Pray, and pray for me too.
    Cheers.
  • I actually agree with you both, especially with this one:

Okay, more than half of peoples' posts are mainly arguing about each others attitudes rather than about the topic at hand! Like what the hell?!

• Mikhail,

Like what the hell?!

Hell?

Duhhh.

Duhhh?

I'm not quite sure of the colloquial application of these terms.  To some it may be offensive.
    Hell...unchristian to us in everyday aspect
    Duhhh...condescending and attacking.

• Being Christian and Christ like is not necessarily being passive.

Passive aspects can be deleterious and allow for encroachment.

Homosexuality is entering the desensitized zone in our minds as a community too easily.  It has to be dealt with loudly.
    Desecration cannot be addressed calmly.

These are my feelings.
  • Its easy to criticise. I am working from 7am to 11pm. If I moderate tasbeha it has to be within those constraints. And everyone else involved with tasbeha has the same constraints on their time. If someone only comes to tasbeha to take things then they are unlikely to gain a benefit.

• 1 Timothy 6:3-6.
  • The perfect verse in this situation,
    Good call, Joshuaa!!
  • Thanks. I think we should bear with others weaknesses. GOD does this for us, so we should do likewise.
  • I completely agree with Cyril97.
    After reading these post for a year and a half, I decided to join but my experience has not been pleasant ever since I have taken an active role.
    I find that people are being attacked instead of the ideas.
    I wish we could discuss instead of fight.
    Also, the sarcasm that is used is unappreciated, at least by me. Lowest form of humor.
    However, I am still learning a lot, but I could definitely be having a better experience on this site.
    Also, I realize that it is important foe all of us to realize each others' weaknesses and bear with them, but it does not mean there is not room for improvement.
    - God Bless.
  • I appreciate this topic being brought up. It is very important that we remember we are all here to benefit and build each other up in the faith.

It is easy to misinterpret an attack on a belief as an attack on the person because the two are closely intertwined. I don't think anyone here has the intention of hurting anyone else.

As my FoC always tells me about speaking...Be the last one to speak and use as little words as possible.

• This is what Cyril wrote which I think has importance (I got permission to post it here  ;))

Hi CopticStrength,
    I don't WANT to leave, but if whenever someone askes a question, and some responds in a rude or arrogant way, I don't want to be a part of it. This is not Christ like and not Chrstian at all.
    Just look at the way that people responded to this post:  http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,6443.msg134883.html#new
    OR the way they responded to this post. This especially made me mad.
    http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,11053.0.html
    This topic was the worst in my opinion. I am still repulsed in the way that peope responded to
    my questions and other's question in rudeness and arrogance.
    I am not wise at all. Trust me. Those who are wise are like (I am going to leave this out) but I believe that because ALL of our lack of faith in God, the devil has permitted himself to penetrate through our minds and make us all write and say stuff we don't really mean. The worst thing is that it is online, and whatever get's posted online, regardless if you edit it or not, will always be there.I really don't like this and i pray for this issue to be resolved. Until then, I think I will have to refrain myself from coming on this site so I wouldn't loose my inner peace.
    Cyril

One thing to say: This is important and he is right.
  • i agree with Fr. Peter, it's easy to critisize.
    but i love this site, i prefer it over Facebook which is the worst for me.
    we're not going to like everything everyone says. but at least theyre trying to help.
    if 75 % of your topic replies were helpful and 25% were bad, dont disregard the 75% and dwell on the 25%.
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=11163.msg134946#msg134946 date=1301676912]
    Its easy to criticise. I am working from 7am to 11pm. If I moderate tasbeha it has to be within those constraints. And everyone else involved with tasbeha has the same constraints on their time. If someone only comes to tasbeha to take things then they are unlikely to gain a benefit.

Is it alright if I criticize your British spelling of the word "criticize?"
  • Only if you don't mind me criticising your American attempts at English. :-)
  • ooooooo he got youuuu Jimmy! :P
  • Pssht at least we spell our words the way they're pronounced....

*hides in shame*
  • Hahaha. That's rich!

See: Ghoti
  • You mean you have had to simplify your spelling so it attempts to be phonetic because you can't remember things very easily? :-)

Or should that be ee-zul-ee?
  • Father,

America might be the stupidest nation, but we always win in the end (even if we have to cheat our way through). And thats why the other countries are always jealous. Sorry.

dzheremi,

That link went waaaay over my head. I read it 6 times and I still don't understand. What does fish have to do with anything? So confused!
  • Lol! In what way do you always win? 140 years ago you had a civil war and were killing each other? In another 100 years you could easily have split into several different countries. For a very, very little period the US might be important. But times change. The US had better make the most of things while it can.
  • At least we don't have accents like the rest of the world ::)

Leave the Civil War out of this. They meant good by protecting those Africans.

If the other countries we'rent jealous of Americans then they wouldn't copy us all the time.  ::)

Can you help me recall who won the Revolutionary War, Father?

Did we ever lose a war (except for Vietnam, which wasn't technically our war)? I didn't think so. We always win.

America: 1  Britain: 0

Is it a sin to win over a priest?
  • No offense, TITL, but, who won in Vietnam?

The US does not win all the time, despite cheating.
  • I said EXCEPT for Vietnam because it wasn't our war. We had no business getting into that conflict, but tried playing hero, regardless, by involving ourselves. The US government didn't support or declare war, and they turned their backs on the troops.

So technically it wasn't OUR loss.

America: 2 Britain: 0
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=11163.msg135260#msg135260 date=1302010287]
    dzheremi,

That link went waaaay over my head. I read it 6 times and I still don't understand. What does fish have to do with anything? So confused!

It is a joke. I thought of it because other people brought up spelling differences between the US and the UK. (I agree with the page that it doesn't actually "work" as outlined, e.g., "gh" is not pronounced as "f" word-initially in any English word I can think of.)

The real question: What does Vietnam have to do with anything?!  ??? ;D
  • TITL,

Huh, what kind of reasoning is that?

What about Korea?
  • Vietnam, Korea, Somalia, Cuba, Afghanistan, Iraq.
  • I was going to go one by one to build the case.
  • And let's not all forget that time when the Soviets beat the Americans to space. Come on..."we" don't even win all the time in space...a place where nobody else even is...!