Sundays during Lent

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
What's the correct practice? Bai be behow and taishoria, or jabmawa and dishoria? The correct, not necessarily your church's, since we seem to have different teachings...
Oujai

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11059.msg133489#msg133489 date=1300743764]
    What's the correct practice? Bai be behow and taishoria, or jabmawa and dishoria? The correct, not necessarily your church's, since we seem to have different teachings...
    Oujai

What exactly are you referring to?
  • What my church does and what I see I all the books I read, Sunday is Alleluia Je Evmevi and Tishori.
    Why did you write the name different than who they sound in coptic? It confused me.
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • Tishori and Je efmevi, all the rites refer to that. Its not correct to say taishori or fai pe pi
  • How about the feast of the cross?
    What do we say? My church said Taishori and Fai pe pi.
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=11059.msg133499#msg133499 date=1300746369]
    How about the feast of the cross?
    What do we say? My church said Taishori and Fai pe pi.
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril

I am pretty sure if its on a Saturday (this year) then its Fai pe pi and Tishori. If on a Sunday, then Fai pe pi and Taishori.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11059.msg133489#msg133489 date=1300743764]
    Oujai

Hahahaha. So as soon as I see the topic title and who started I KNEW wat is this about....only knowledgeable ppl think too much about this and ask for other opinions.

So in the Church books: ALL the ones I have seen make it clear that je efmevi and tee shory are chanted. That is final. That will never be changed.

Now people have opinions: nothing breaks the general sunday feast: the Resurrection. Ppl take this as an absolute rule....but iut is not. Don't they know that we change aktonk to avashk if the feast of the cross comes on sunday?! Also if the annunciation comes on a sunday (separately and not the 29th feast) we say akee?!
    Now in lent, je efmevi and teshory are the mid-point between the normal annual nonfasting days and the lent fasting weekdays. It's like how annual (in general) is the mid-way between ettribi (sad tune) and festive.     
  • Basically:
    Eiei => Je efmevi => Fai pe pi
    Entho => Ti shori => Tai shori
    I love this. We don't want to be too hazany or to farayhee
    so we go in the middle. Lol.
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • The manuscript Tarteeb Al By3aa by Pope Ghabrial ibn trek says that on the Lent Sundays, Ja bmawa and di shora are the ones to be prayed.
  • Ok good responses, but in Cantor  Farag's book it says taishoria and bai be behow...
    Oujai
  • The authoritative rites are contained in our manuscripts. The most important one is Tarteeb Alby3aa.

Thanks.
  • Well said imikhail. Thanks a lot. On a side note, do you know where I can get an electronic version of that book?
    oujai qen `P[C
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11059.msg133605#msg133605 date=1300804897]
    Ok good responses, but in Cantor  Farag's book it says taishoria and bai be behow...
    Oujai

pg number please?
  • ophadece,

I am not aware of any electronic version.

Thanks
  • I'll check Mina and let you know
    Oujai