Is it wrong to take notes during the sermon of Sunday?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I really want to benefit from the sermon being said in the middle of mass on sunday. I did it once, but I realized that I did not know if it was wrong or okay......so is it okay to take notes?

Comments

• As long as you are not a distraction to anyone else I see no issue to taking notes. I think its more beneficial to give your full attention since when you take notes, in general, you may miss somethings. When benefiting spiritually it is best to not simply treat it as such as any other studies by simply taking notes. It would be more beneficial to focus totally on the sermon and live what is being said then simply taking notes for reference. My two cents.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Thank you for your view. :D

Sometimes, though, when I just listen and focus, I just want to remember every point that Abouna says. So I just write small points, I'm not frantically trying to get every word he says, just a few points so I don't forget.

So it's not wrong?
  • I need to learn to do this. I couldn't even remember the theme of today's sermon. I'm guessing it was about laying up treasures in heaven since he usually relates it to the Gospel.
  • That was the same gospel and sermon we had, of course, because it is the first Sunday of the great lent.

But is it wrong?
  • No its not wrong.
  • Better than sleeping.. or as I call it "power napping" so I'm awake and energized for the Liturgy ;)
  • Haha...! ;D Lol.

Thanks, guys.
    PPFM
  • i can't imagine how it could be wrong.
    maybe other people will watch and start to take notes too.
    if you take notes, you can not only learn, but share what you have learnt with your friends who, perhaps, were not paying so much attention.
  • Recently I was listening to a sermon by a Coptic priest that I thought was memorable except that it was so deep I couldn't remember all his points and I didn't have anything to write with. So, later, I sent him a text and he replied with the main points. I still refer to them to this day.

Peace and a blessed lent.