Green Horse

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hi all,
My friend informed me about this. What do you guys think?
***First, please read Revelation 6***
Then check out this video: http://www.itshaunted.com/forums/topic/978/egypt-s-horseman-of-apocalypse (minute 1:19)
Then think about the presidential state of Egypt.
What do you think? I think this is very scary.
God bless, Pray for me,
Cyril

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How does it look fake? It looks like a spirit, and it is going towards up, then disapears?
    I really believe it until someone tells me otherwise and explains why.
    Cyril
  • Look at this picture:
  • Don't be too alarmed: it's just an accidental lens flare effect.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFyoQBj8cg

If you would it could be a reminder, but just a reminder.

GBU
  • OMG Scary! :s
  • Can we stop posting junk like this.

We are Orthodox Christians. We are not those who hunt around the internet for all sorts of things to believe.
  • I think Fr Peter he just wanted to get sure about this and we will appreciate your opinion about this dear Father.

Personally I don't think this is linked to Revelation 6, because if u have read it, all the things before the green horse  (white and black horse for example in this part)  didn't happened yet.

1 At the same time that I saw the Lamb open the first of the seven seals, I heard one of the four living creatures shout with a voice like thunder. It said, “Come out!”
    2 6.2 Zec 1.7
    Then I saw a white horse. Its rider carried a bow and was given a crown. He had already won some victories, and he went out to win more.
    3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come out!”
    4 6.4 Zec 1.7
    Then another horse came out. It was fiery red. And its rider was given the power to take away all peace from the earth, so that people would slaughter one another. He was also given a big sword.
    5 6.5 Zec 6.2
    When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come out!” Then I saw a black horse, and its rider had a balance scale in one hand. 6 I heard what sounded like a voice from somewhere among the four living creatures. It said, “A quart of wheat will cost you a whole day's wages! Three quarts of barley will cost you a day's wages too. But don't ruin the olive oil or the wine.”
    7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come out!”
    8 6.8 Ez 14.21.
    Then I saw a pale green horse. Its rider was named Death, and Death's Kingdom followed behind. They were given
    power over one fourth of the earth, and they could kill its people with swords, famines, diseases, and wild animals.

However I find it still weird. It's not just scary, but I don't understand how and who did this??

I hope anyone (Fr Peter?) can give us a clear, truth, answer on this.

GB
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10701.msg130554#msg130554 date=1297527468]
    Don't be too alarmed: it's just an accidental lens flare effect.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFyoQBj8cg

If you would it could be a reminder, but just a reminder.

GBU

A reminder? A reminder of what?

• @John_S2000
    What is a lens flare? How could it be that?
    @ Father Peter
    I am sorry this may have offended you but I didn't search it.
    My friend showed it too me.
    Isn't revelations like a prophecy that is going to be fulfilled?
    Isn't it written in the book of revelation and "happened"?
    I am worried but sorry again if I offended you.
    @+marmar+
    How do we know. I have some "thoughts" about the first two horses,
    but I don't kow about the third.
    Cyril

• @+marmar+
    How do we know. I have some "thoughts" about the first two horses,
    but I don't kow about the third.

Hey Cyril,
    What do u mean, what kind of thoughts? If we haven't really clear seen the first two horses, then i doubt
    whether i should believe this or not. But i find it like u, pretty unnormal. I wish someone with more knowledge could explain this to us.
  • This is a reflection on the lens, that is all. It is not one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Nothing serious has happened in Egypt in terms of world history. There have not been millions of deaths, a plague has not wiped out half the population. All of these things have happened in history. What has happened in Egypt is no different to what has happened in countless countries on countless occasions.

Our Orthodox Faith is not a matter of visions and videos, it is a matter of getting on with the daily task of living the Christian life. The book of Revelation should not be read by individual Christians, and certainly events in the world should not be interpreted by individual Christians.

I am not offended personally, but it is not spiritually healthy to have so many posts saying, 'someone I know told me that a relative told him a monk said a bishop had a vision of St Mary and she said get 200 coffins ready'. It is not spiritually healthy to have people poring over video trying to see the spirit of a departed monk. And it is not spiritually healthy to have people trying to spot one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

If someone points any Orthodox Christian to any such material HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Our Orthodox Church is held up to ridicule by such things.

Whenever our Fathers spoke of visions they insisted that the proper response of an Orthodox Christian is to ignore it and consider that we are unworthy of any vision, and that it must be from Satan. We must be very careful, these are all very easy ways for many young people to be very easily deceived.

HOW ON EARTH COULD THIS BE A HORSEMAN!!!! DO YOU NOT THINK THAT PEOPLE ON THE BRIDGE WOULD HAVE NOTICED A GREEN HORSE!

Flee such things. They will damage your spiritual life. Keep your head down. Pray and fast and serve. There is no need to seek after visions and videos.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10701.msg130566#msg130566 date=1297529927]
    This is a reflection on the lens, that is all. It is not one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Nothing serious has happened in Egypt in terms of world history. There have not been millions of deaths, a plague has not wiped out half the population. All of these things have happened in history. What has happened in Egypt is no different to what has happened in countless countries on countless occasions.

Our Orthodox Faith is not a matter of visions and videos, it is a matter of getting on with the daily task of living the Christian life. The book of Revelation should not be read by individual Christians, and certainly events in the world should not be interpreted by individual Christians.

I am not offended personally, but it is not spiritually healthy to have so many posts saying, 'someone I know told me that a relative told him a monk said a bishop had a vision of St Mary and she said get 200 coffins ready'. It is not spiritually healthy to have people poring over video trying to see the spirit of a departed monk. And it is not spiritually healthy to have people trying to spot one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

If someone points any Orthodox Christian to any such material HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Our Orthodox Church is held up to ridicule by such things.

Whenever our Fathers spoke of visions they insisted that the proper response of an Orthodox Christian is to ignore it and consider that we are unworthy of any vision, and that it must be from Satan. We must be very careful, these are all very easy ways for many young people to be very easily deceived.

HOW ON EARTH COULD THIS BE A HORSEMAN!!!! DO YOU NOT THINK THAT PEOPLE ON THE BRIDGE WOULD HAVE NOTICED A GREEN HORSE!

Flee such things. They will damage your spiritual life. Keep your head down. Pray and fast and serve. There is no need to seek after visions and videos.

Father Peter

Thank u Fr. Peter for ur respond, i think it was helpfull. Yeah, i guess satan just want to deceive us.
    We have a loooot to learn yet!

Please, pray for us and our faith.

Gb
  • A lens flare is a kind of inverted but distorted light reflection on the surface of the camera lens, kind of mirroring some of the light. You can see also a foggy light preceding and a light dot following the main one and all 3 follow the camera movement.

A reminder that the word of God is alive and a reminder not to read the Bible according to the fantasy propaganda that is very "a la mode" nowadays: like end of times/doom now etc.

Sorry Father Peter if my reply is not correct, I think such subjects preoccupy the masses from the reality of things and also help provide some media logo with free advertising.

GBU
  • Dear John,

I agree with you entirely. This is a result of the fantasy propaganda being popularised in the West. It is, in fact, another aspect of Protestantism. When I was a protestant this occupied me very much indeed. Now I believe that I should not investigate such things at all, trust God each day, and seek to be the best Christian I can.

Nothing else matters.

Father Peter
  • Thank you Father Peter. If I'm not mistaken our Lord Jesus Christ warned us early in the first chapters of Revelation from delving into the occult, otherwise what's called dark or evil 'knowledge' (I believe things like fantasy, magic and vampire stories and movies are included in the definition).

Please pray for us.

GBU
  • Abouna Abraam Sleman of St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church in New Jersey wrote a very good short piece on the topic of the Green Horse:

A live broadcast of a TV show on Wednesday February 2, 2011 has depicted strange horseman riding on a green horse in the midst of the protesters in Cairo. Some linked the figure appeared in the video with the “Green Horse” of the Apocalypse. Whether this is true or not, I cannot be certain. However there are implications to the future of Egypt in either case.

The horse’s color, in Apocalypse 6, vividly portrays the pale-green pallor of death characteristic of the decomposition of a corpse. Fittingly, the rider who sat on it had the ominous name Death.

Death came to all men through the disobedience of Adam. He disobeyed His command when God said to him, “you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die” (Genesis 2:17, NIV). “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned” (Romans 5:12, NIV).

Opening the fourth seal revealed the great gift of God, portrayed by the “Green Horse”. In His plan for redemption, God decreed that if the many died by the trespass of the one man, Adam, God's grace through Jesus Christ, would overflow to the many including all (Romans 5:15, NIV).

Christ humbled himself and became obedient to death, even the death on the cross! (Philippians 2:8, NIV). He suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone (Hebrews 2:9, NIV). Christ died on the cross that “as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive” (1 Corinthians 15:22, NKJV). He redeemed all from death resulted from their sins.

The message of the “Green Horse” is still valid. It calls attention to the truth that Christ has died for all including all the Egyptian people. For better life and future, the Egyptians should believe in Christ and accept the death of Christ. This is what we hope and pray for.