We Love You Egypt!!!

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hy all,
I just gat an e-mail with a letter that Anba Youssef.
I am pretty sure you guys already saw it but just for the sake of it, here it goes,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the Egyptian Youth:
I call upon you to protect Egypt our dear Mother Nation. The main and important issue now is not whom
you are with or against. The main issue is Egypt. Whoever supports or opposes should do so for the sake
of Egypt. The true freedom and democracy that you are seeking is the ability to accept the other’s
opinion with love and understanding.
If you divide and fight against each other, the loser is Egypt; and whoever of the opponents or
supporters does not preserve Egypt is a traitor to her.
The voice of truth has reached the ears of the authorities and genuine steps towards reform are under
consideration. Therefore, opportunity and time have to be given for the fulfillment of promises.
Continuing with demonstration brings about nothing except destruction to our beloved country. This is
the time to put our hands together in order to build Egypt. You have succeeded in achieving the
impossible. Now is the time to work together to safeguard those milestones you have gone to bring
about reformation.
Therefore, I call upon you to:
Firstly, stop immediately attacking each other because we all have one goal and that is Egypt.
Secondly, dismiss immediately all demonstrations in order to restore safety and stability.
Thirdly, stop anyone, either from the media or the public, who might try to allure and tempt you
towards confusion and carelessness. Some will try hard to spoil your beautiful revolution just to
achieve their own personal aims and interests.
Fourthly, cooperate with each other towards the goal of building our dear mother nation Egypt
on the principles of freedom, safety, democracy, justice and equality.
Fifthly, give those in charge a chance to implement and subsequently periodically evaluate what
they have promised and to bring to justice the slackers regardless of their posts.
My beloved, I am writing to you these words with a bleeding heart for Egypt. Let us all cry out “We love
you Egypt” and turn this love into constructive action.

Bishop Youssef
Bishop, Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern United States
February 2, 2011

Comments

• It was on CTV yesterday night except it was in arabic so i had no idea what was going on till i read the english translation on facebook
  • I just don't buy it. The moment the aims are achieved, they are going to be against us again. This solidarity is just a sham.
  • [quote author=Abu Muqawama link=topic=10629.msg129675#msg129675 date=1296857924]
    Nice demonstration of Egyptian solidarity during this time:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353330/Egypt-protests-Christians-join-hands-protect-Muslims-pray-Cairo-protests.html

This is preposterous.
  • [quote author=Chirsts' servant link=topic=10629.msg129694#msg129694 date=1296887356]
    Check it out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353330/Egypt-protests-Christians-join-hands-protect-Muslims-pray-Cairo-protests.html

True Christian spirit!!!

Weird. I understand that we have to love our enemies, but isn't this a bit strange?
  • this is a newspaper that most british people consider to be as accurate as a mid-morning celebrity talk show. most people don't take it seriously.
  • Unfortunately there are no British newspapers and no British news programmes which can be trusted.

They all have an agenda, and telling the truth is not it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10629.msg129769#msg129769 date=1296935373]
    [quote author=Chirsts' servant link=topic=10629.msg129694#msg129694 date=1296887356]
    Check it out:

True Christian spirit!!!

Weird. I understand that we have to love our enemies, but isn't this a bit strange?

Are you serious? +marmar+ we love our enemies, who cares who's muslim or christian, or budhist or anything else, they are all people and they are all human beings which have lives that have to be cherished. There is nothing strange of TRUE Coptic Christians hand in hand protecting Muslims while they prayed their prayers, Muslims formed human chains around Coptic Churches at many churches in Egypt and even globally to protect them on Christmas, Marmar. In the end we are all Egyptians, this is not strange.

@DimyanCoptic: Do you understand the War of 1973, shown in the video? It was a big war, and my dad fought in it in one of the Special Forces brigade of the Egyptian Third Army.
  • Khas,

I have to disagree with you.  In every aspect where the Christians have stood in solidarity with the Muslims in any revolution or governmental reformation, we, not only have received disappointment, but the knife of betrayal.

Lebanon
    Syria
    and Egypt (both relative to the Independence Movement from the French and British and later in the Coup of the 1950's).

BTW:  The 1973 War had an initial victory by entry into Sinai, but the reality was that it turned into a humiliating defeat.  Ariel Sharon with the Israeli 3rd Army crossed into Egypt and was ready to march on Cairo.  He was 75 miles from Cairo, when the Americans made him retreat and declared a cease-fire.  Egyptians have a tendency to embelish.  The 1973 War is yet another example--unfortunately.

The Coptic Engineers were the ones that devised the retooling of the German Water Canons to be used to bring down the Bar Lev.

Why was there a hugely disproportionate death among the Christians?  They were put in the front lines and waves--TO DIE!
  • [quote author=COPTIC EGYPTIAN MAN link=topic=10629.msg130008#msg130008 date=1297125868]
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150386683280581&set=a.345924605580.351323.233825010580

what is this pic? u can't see it, however i logged in.
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=10629.msg129975#msg129975 date=1297116885]
    [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10629.msg129769#msg129769 date=1296935373]
    [quote author=Chirsts' servant link=topic=10629.msg129694#msg129694 date=1296887356]
    Check it out:

True Christian spirit!!!

Are you serious? +marmar+ we love our enemies, who cares who's muslim or christian, or budhist or anything else, they are all people and they are all human beings which have lives that have to be cherished. There is nothing strange of TRUE Coptic Christians hand in hand protecting Muslims while they prayed their prayers, Muslims formed human chains around Coptic Churches at many churches in Egypt and even globally to protect them on Christmas, Marmar. In the end we are all Egyptians, this is not strange.

@DimyanCoptic: Do you understand the War of 1973, shown in the video? It was a big war, and my dad fought in it in one of the Special Forces brigade of the Egyptian Third Army.

I don't know what to say. It's just my opinion. Wow, wait: muslims, they PROTECT copts are u saying? I think it's the contrary. Don't u know where christians are suffering under? They do nearly nothing to protect us. And from who, muslims protect us against muslims? With all respect brother, we love are enemies, but there are boundaries. They are not praying to God, they are "praying"  to Satan. If they really are praying to God, then let their God protect them, huh?
  • [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10629.msg130044#msg130044 date=1297166675]
    [quote author=Khas. link=topic=10629.msg129975#msg129975 date=1297116885]
    Check it out:

True Christian spirit!!!

I don't know what to say. It's just my opinion. Wow, wait: muslims, they PROTECT copts are u saying? I think it's the contrary. Don't u know where christians are suffering under? They do nearly nothing to protect us. And from who, muslims protect us against muslims? With all respect brother, we love are enemies, but there are boundaries. They are not praying to God, they are "praying"  to Satan. If they really are praying to God, then let their God protect them, huh?

Didn't you read about it and see pictures of them during Christmas Eve, the Egyptian Muslim Citizens hand in hand protecting Coptic Churches in Egypt, from terrorists. You're taking Muslims = Terrorists a bit too far. Terrorists = Muslims but Muslims =/= Terrorists. We are all Egyptians in the end, Egyptians protecting Egyptians. The Christians are suffering under the hands of inequality, and lack of rights compared to the muslims, they are suffering from terrorist attacks. Okay, I agree there are boundaries to loving enemies of course, you won't really love someone killing all of your family and people. You make valid points though, marmar, I cannot argue against what you say, but I still thinks Muslims and Christians are hand in hand as Egyptians, there should not be discrimination.
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=10629.msg130049#msg130049 date=1297168545]
    [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10629.msg130044#msg130044 date=1297166675]
    [quote author=Khas. link=topic=10629.msg129975#msg129975 date=1297116885]
    Check it out:

True Christian spirit!!!

Didn't you read about it and see pictures of them during Christmas Eve, the Egyptian Muslim Citizens hand in hand protecting Coptic Churches in Egypt, from terrorists. You're taking Muslims = Terrorists a bit too far. Terrorists = Muslims but Muslims =/= Terrorists. We are all Egyptians in the end, Egyptians protecting Egyptians. The Christians are suffering under the hands of inequality, and lack of rights compared to the muslims, they are suffering from terrorist attacks. Okay, I agree there are boundaries to loving enemies of course, you won't really love someone killing all of your family and people. You make valid points though, marmar, I cannot argue against what you say, but I still thinks Muslims and Christians are hand in hand as Egyptians, there should not be discrimination.

No,I didn't see the pics, but I believe u. Thanks, 4 understanding. Yes there should not be discrimination.