The Story of the Stranger

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I Heard of the Story in The Sunday School and i wanted to share it with you(Hope its the right Topic)
One Christmas eve,while celebrating mass at St.Mark Cathedral in Egypt.
The entire congration were very well dressed,and there was a large numberof security guars aroundthe church because a representative of the Egyptian goverment was attending the Church to congratulate the Pope and the People for the occasion.

In The Midst of the People,an old man wearing very old Clothes tried to enter the Church and the Security guards prevendet him because of his attire.After a number of attempts the priest of the Church convinced them to let him in.He entered the church stayed in the back and kept praying with tears in his eyes.When the service was over,all the people were very happy,greeting each other,except this man;no one talked to him,As a matter of fact the people were trying to stay away from him.Ultimately one of the people found him with the tears in his eyes asked why he is crying.The old man answered"Because I am a Stranger and no one is greeting me".So,the man greeted him and wanted to give him some money.The old man told him "I need someone to invite me to his house".So the man replied"I am ready to take you but stay in a small room in my backyard"So the man asked the old man"How old are you?".He said,"I was born almost 2000 Years ago".As soon as he said that,the man knew that he was the Lord Jesus,.and the old man disappeared immediately.

The most amazing story I ever heard!!!

Please pray for Me..

Vanessa

Comments

• this is an amazing story
  •                                 +++

Hello Vany2010,

It is a great story. Is it meant to teach people or truly happened? I know the point of the story will never change whether it happened as a fact or not. I am just curious.
    But the story really fits our character these days focusing on external things like clothes rather than inner purity, love, peace and beauty.

May God be with us with His holiest mother, st. Mary, His holy angels and saints in mercy and love. Amen!!!
  • [quote author=binC link=topic=7608.msg99925#msg99925 date=1233570420]
                                     +++

Hello Vany2010,

It is a great story. Is it meant to teach people or truly happened? I know the point of the story will never change whether it happened as a fact or not. I am just curious.
    But the story really fits our character these days focusing on external things like clothes rather than inner purity, love, peace and beauty.

May God be with us with His holiest mother, st. Mary, His holy angels and saints in mercy and love. Amen!!!

Hey binC It truly happened.
    Yes,i am completly Agree with you!!
  •                   +++

Hello Vany2010,

Thanks for the story. How many times have we pushed away our God? May He forgive and forget our rejection.
  • wow thats so touching!
    thats a really cool story.
    it reminds me not to forget the main purpose why I am at church.
      :)