My Mother

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey Brothers And Sisters

Ive Got A Question

5 Years Ago My Parents Divorced.
I Live With My Dad Thank God Healthy and Everything seems to be Right.
But There Is Something That Makes Me Worry,My Sister and My Mother Are Not Really Believe in God.
I Pray for them Both surely,But my Sister she dont do anything Wrong or Bad Like This Storys with Boys and others,I Think and i Pray To God That She Will in an Time That God Will Choose stand in our Church and Pray...;)
My Mother is Completly the Opposite...
She Hates Every Coptic Orthodox Human.
She Said That She Cant Accept That Way were Praying,Fasting.e.t.c.
My Father Told me that she said to him:"You Are Worse That The Muslims."
So Like Why She Said this?
I Cant Believe it...That i Was Calling her on Saturday I Had An Disscussion With Her She Said Things that really hurt me cause i Love God And My Religion.
She Always saying to her Friends that my Father Compel Me that i Believe in God.

She Just has The Wrong View From Our Church and our Believe..
What Should i Do Now?`
Hope Your understand my Explanation..

Thanks For Reading!!!!!!!

In Love And Peace

Vanessa

Please Pray For Me and my Family...

Comments

• This is something that you should talk to your father of confession about. I am sure that she believes in God, but she is just seeing the way that Christians of the world act that is despicable. When you talk to her, tell her the amazing things God has done for you and try to convince her to go to church once a month and go more often. This also may help her
  • i agree with coptmorous.
    encourage God in their lives more. become an influence upon them. but first talk with your Father of Confession before you take an iniative
  • cause i Love God And My Religion.

If you love God, and your Religion, then you believe in them... and believe in His strength... so stand in your loved church, and pray to your loved God for your loved mother, and your loved sister!

some people you cant talk to them! I was like that, I didn't care what people said... until God found His way in my life... and I felt Him in my life! when I came back I found how many people were praying for me, and I found in how many papers my name was written on in the altar... and it then made sense to me how strong prayer is!

write their names, and put it on the altar... pray, pray and pray for them... light candles for them!

the God you love, loves your mom and your sister, more than you'll ever love them...

akhadna el baraka... neshkor allah!

• That's a very nice post, Superman(bam), look what St Monica's prayers did for St Augustine, 'the son of tears'.

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you." (Luke 17)
  • salaam bil masih ya vanessa,
    you can be sure lots of people are praying for you.
    This is a true story of a friend of mine: I have a friend whose parents got divorced because his mum ran off with another man. Before that she used to go to church and it was she who taught him the Christian faith when he was small.
    She hurt him really a lot and said too many bad things to him, especially insulting his Christian beliefs. She got married to the other man, and his dad also got married again. For many years he suffered and he and I and his other Christian friends prayed for his mum. Then after 4 or 5 years she came back to church and repented of all her bad attitudes and is now a Christian again, praise God! She apologised to my friend and they can now be friends again, which is a true miracle.

It's not up to you to change your mother, only God can do that. He justs asks of you to keep believing in him, even when it is difficult. If your mother and sister don't respect your words, then speak to them with your life, not returning evil for evil, for example. Try to find things you have in common with your sister, maybe music, food etc and complement her on how she looks or some achievement she has, so she realises that you are interested in the things that interest her (obviously not getting drunk etc but neutral things). Sometimes it feels like you're not making any progress, but keeping the lines of communication open is, in itself, progress.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12) Read the Bible (a few verses every day if possible), pray (eg using Agpeya, also talk to God your personal prayers and listen to Him while praying and reading the Bible), go to church and spend time with other Christians whose lives impress you. (There will always be people whose speech and life does not match. Try to show them grace and love, we may also appear like that sometimes! But seek out those who are really kind and Godly)

Finally, after having done all to stand, stand firm. (Ephesians 6 13-18) Sometimes we seem to be just keeping our heads above water and not growing closer to God. Then, when we look back after our lives get a bit easier, we can see how much better we know God then before.
    May God give you strength and grace and really strong Christian friends to stand by you and show you and your dad (and then your whole family) Jesus' love in this difficult time.
  • At the same time, if all this doesn't work remember
    "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life." Matthew 19:29

If you try hard and keep trying and see that nothing is working, don't let her take you away from God, remember, He will make sure you are filled all the time, and that you are satisfied and happy.

• Leave it in God's hands, you did what you could.