Amr Diab is now christian?????!!!!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
i've been hearing a lot of rumors and i dont know what is really going on. i heard about a song named Lama Gety by Amr Diab that is dedicated to St. Mary. the story i heard was that she appeared to him and he believe, converted, and wrote this song in her honor. however, he hasn't spread it because he is afraid the muslim brotherhood will kill his children. if you know what's really going on, please inform me. Thank you. God bless you all.

Comments

• Here is the link to the song, Judge for yourself.
    Whether it is him or not it shouldn't be our focus but rather to pray for those who are still lost and did not see the way not only Non Christian but even those Who are Christian but by name only. May God be with all of us

Plz Pray for me
  • he does sound like him....but that might be another person.....
    it;s like Shereen and Haide Montaser
  • I thought that muslims believed that Saint Mary did appear in the Zeitoun? No?
  • They do and Lots of them saw it too..... a
    a friend of mine is saying this song s by Hany Romany, not Amr Diab..... i dunno....
  • I have some pretty reliable sources who say it really is him...
  • Are you sure that He converted into christianity!?!?
  • If Amr Diab became a Christian, that would cause a HUGE riot. We would never have heard the end of it. Muslims believe in St. Mary too. It didn't surprise me at all when I heard this. Muslims also name girls Mariam and Mary now.
  • Um Kalthoum also sang for St Mary, if this really is Amr Diab, it doesnt necessarily mean he converted to christianity!
  • Ok, two things.

First, that voice is 100% not Amr Diab. Anyone that listens to Arabic music, and particularly knows Amr Diab, will recognise that it's not Amr Diab. In fact, sorry to say, it sounds nothing like Amr Diab. Anyone that knows Amr Diab should be able to tell.

Second, Amr is presently in Mecca performing Omra for Ramadan. It's been reported by all the Arabic channels.

Sure, I guess for some Copts it would nice to hear that the biggest Arabic singer had converted to Christianity, but it's simply untrue. I do wonder though, why the Coptic obsession with Arab celebrities converting? First, people said Souad Hosni converted and that's why she was killed. Then, people said George Wassouf left the Christian faith and became a Muslim. And now, people still claim that Zekra converted to Christianity and that's why she was murdered. At the end of the day, we're all brothers and sisters and so conversion should not be such an issue. But these wild rumours, they're just silly.
  • Hey guys, God bless all of you, I'm sorry if i was mistaken for giving the wrong artist for the song, however when i found this song, it said it was from amr diab's 2008 album, called "7kayy 7obbina", so I'm not sure if its correct or not. I guess time will tell. Once again God bless all of you and keep me in your prayers. and like you said, it does not matter who the artist is whoever it may be, the song is beautiful in itself.

• who is amr diab? why is so important? how come you guys don't think i'm that important?j :D
  • # 1it was posted by a christian guy who sung it  but did not not anyone to no it
    he posted himself as Amr Diab
  • hi i'm trying to find the tarnema for Lama Gety- Amr Diab can anyone help me find it. i want to download it. god bless you all
  • [quote author=drrias link=topic=7141.msg121073#msg121073 date=1287602993]
    hi i'm trying to find the tarnema for Lama Gety- Amr Diab can anyone help me find it. i want to download it. god bless you all

btw....it wasn't amr diab.......it was someone else who sounded like him.  :)
  • Just as a thought, and in my humble opinion:  it doesn't make a difference.  His celebrity status does not add to Christianity {even if it was him}.  His songs are lousy and his voice is always with that gasping sound or bearing down effect.

If he does come to Christianity it will be for his soul not his voice.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=7141.msg121077#msg121077 date=1287607798]
    Just as a thought, and in my humble opinion:  it doesn't make a difference.  His celebrity status does not add to Christianity {even if it was him}.  His songs are lousy and his voice is always with that gasping sound or bearing down effect.

If he does come to Christianity it will be for his soul not his voice.

but the fact that he still looks and sound THE SAME all these yrs amazes me. dude, i came from egypt 10 yrs ago and he is EXACTLY the same.
  • Egyptian men tend to dye their hair.  Relative to his celebrity status, I'm sure he has had a little plastic surgery.  He still looks like a goofball.  I can say that, because I said I looked like a monkey.