Hello from London!

13»

Comments

• Shoubra 4 the win
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6801.msg91726#msg91726 date=1214562009]
    Shoubra 4 the win

what does this have to do with shoubra??? talking about french language has noting to do  with shoubra!!! :P

it is ok, that is what happenes when you start to lose :P
    hahahha
  • Haha Alexandria all the way!

If you ever go to Paris, make sure to let me know. I speak French-and I'm proud of it!

I've visited Paris quite a few times - prayed with Abouna Ephraim and Elisha once upon a time. I wanna speak French :(
  • hey PK... since you are in France...are there any french sermonsoon the net? i asked QT many times but he never responded....
  • Coptic Pharaoh, I don't live in France, I live in the US. Sorry lol

Where are your Saidi jokes lol? I don't mind them. I was just kidding.
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6801.msg91895#msg91895 date=1214777686]
    hey PK... since you are in France...are there any french sermonsoon the net? i asked QT many times but he never responded....

Hi CopticPharoah,

No.. I'm sorry, as far as I know, there are no COptic Sermons on the net in French. But, why do you need it in French for, English is just as good.

If you wanted to hear a coptic sermon in any language, I'd recommend Japanese. You don't need to understand what the priest would be saying, just hearing the language would make u feel bad about your sins altogether.. wouldn't it!?

No matter how bad something is, when u say it in French, it becomes very light. Its really hard to be rude/offensive in French. I mean, in English you'd say "You worry so much, you'll die young" - in French, we say "You worry so much, you won't live to be old". You see how much nicer that is? You see, even when someone criticises you in French, its way better and more compassionate than being criticised in English.

Unfortunately, in French, we say thanks a thousand times (merci mille fois), but in English, you say "thanks a million" - so, of course people are getting short-changed in France, but still, at least its more compassionate than in English.

The worst thing is to hear a sermon in an aussie accent. That would be just kill me. I'd feel like a sinner even if i didn't understand a word of it. I would be focusing more on the accent anyway than I would on what abouna would be saying.

• hahahahahaha.....  :D

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6801.msg91919#msg91919 date=1214825175]
    If you wanted to hear a coptic sermon in any language, I'd recommend Japanese. You don't need to understand what the priest would be saying, just hearing the language would make u feel bad about your sins altogether.. wouldn't it!?

hahahahahaha....! wow.... i would hate myself if i ever had to learn how to read/write japanese or chinese!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6801.msg91942#msg91942 date=1214847032]
    hahahahahaha.....  :D

hahahahahaha....! wow.... i would hate myself if i ever had to learn how to read/write japanese or chinese!

It's not as hard as it seems to be honest. There are much harder languages to learn such as Russian or even Arabic. We are native arabic speakers (most of us) so it comes to us a lot easier than for others. It's a very difficult language.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6801.msg91958#msg91958 date=1214860332]
    [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6801.msg91942#msg91942 date=1214847032]
    hahahahahaha.....  :D

I don't know about Russian, but Arabic really is a difficult language. A friend of mine here in Belgium asked me once to teach her some arabic and as I was thinking about how to explain the grammar, and I was so glad that I didn't have to think about the rules since it comes natural to a native arabic speaker, but for someone who isn't it must be a hell. Especially because knowing official arabic is only the beginning, afterwards you have to start learning 'spoken' arabic, which is even more difficult and like a completely different language...

God Bless
    Please pray for me

It's not as hard as it seems to be honest. There are much harder languages to learn such as Russian or even Arabic. We are native arabic speakers (most of us) so it comes to us a lot easier than for others. It's a very difficult language.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6801.msg91919#msg91919 date=1214825175]
    [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6801.msg91895#msg91895 date=1214777686]
    hey PK... since you are in France...are there any french sermonsoon the net? i asked QT many times but he never responded....

Hi CopticPharoah,

No.. I'm sorry, as far as I know, there are no COptic Sermons on the net in French. But, why do you need it in French for, English is just as good.

No matter how bad something is, when u say it in French, it becomes very light. Its really hard to be rude/offensive in French. I mean, in English you'd say "You worry so much, you'll die young" - in French, we say "You worry so much, you won't live to be old". You see how much nicer that is? You see, even when someone criticises you in French, its way better and more compassionate than being criticised in English.

Unfortunately, in French, we say thanks a thousand times (merci mille fois), but in English, you say "thanks a million" - so, of course people are getting short-changed in France, but still, at least its more compassionate than in English.

The worst thing is to hear a sermon in an aussie accent. That would be just kill me. I'd feel like a sinner even if i didn't understand a word of it. I would be focusing more on the accent anyway than I would on what abouna would be saying.

ok, thanks QT, and you are very right about 2 things:
    1. French is a LOT better than English....
    2. Japanese sermons would be the best.... (try to say a Lahn in Japanese... or egven imagine a Liturgy in Japanese.... that would be BRUTAL.... the preist would sound so angry, although he would be like complementing the people......

and if you want a Sermon  in an Aussi accent i can find you one......
  • welcome matt
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6801.msg91696#msg91696 date=1214536838]

• Marhaban ya shabaab!
    I laughed out loud with every post, you guys are awesome!
    Matt, I'm a doctor, so all the best. Feel free to message me any questions. In fact you may know people I know, kaneesatee fee Bromley.
    Yes, Arabic is a haaaaaaaaaard language, after 3 1/2 years I still only understand half the sermon (less if it's one of the lovely bishops from upper Egypt).
    Please feel free to teach me American slang, French, sa3eedy jokes and theology!
    I have actually heard a sermon in Japanese, it was awesome, the preacher was a Canadian white guy so I was kinda impressed. The translation was good too, and no, it didn't sound rude  ;)
    Btw, please pray for the Japanese, they have a really stiff culture and worship spirits and stuff (i mean the non-Christians) and a lot of them seem quite sad, more so than the British  ;) yeah and pray for us too x