I wonder..........................

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
After Communion the priest has to clap for the angel of the sacrifice to leave..
ok before I pray I  put the sign of the cross on the walls dont the angels come and guard us?

In the morning does the angel leave by itself???

I know its a weird question.

Comments

• [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6731.msg90052#msg90052 date=1213128604]
    After Communion the priest has to clap for the angel of the sacrifice to leave..

Actually he throws the water in the air and says "O Angel of the pure sacrifice remeber us before God so that he may forgive us our sins. Let us praise with the angels saying "Glory be to God in the Highest peace on earth and goodwill towards men". The angel of the sacrifice is different from your guardian angel that God sends to always protect you. The rite that happens in the Church Liturgy is very different from what you may do. What you do is pray that God sends his angels to protect you, and when they've done their job they depart away from you, but it isn't a rite, i.e. no specific prayer, movement, action etc.
    Two very different situations

pray for me

joe
  • But my preservants teacher said that Abouna claps. Im not sure of this because I never saw it or noticed it.

[quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6731.msg90055#msg90055 date=1213129046]
    What you do is pray that God sends his angels to protect you, and when they've done their job they depart away from you, but it isn't a rite, i.e. no specific prayer, movement, action etc.
    Two very different situations

pray for me

joe

Thanks for clearing things up. Now I understand it......
  • No probs, its cos I'm standing close when he does it
  • joseph, abouna does actually clap 4 times, once at each of the four corners of the altar table. Why he does that, I don't know.
  • I have never seen Abouna clap... i always see Him beyrosh 'el maya and saying " Ya Malak Hazehee el Zabeeeha... etc"   
  • I kinda of did notice abona clap a couple of times! and i alawys notice when he throughs water behind him and say ya malak hazey el zabeha etc........!!

good question!

bas el gaurdian angle is alawys there and never leaves us :) even when we are eating roz be laban ma3a el malayka :)

pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • wait...?
    since when do we have guardian angels???
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6731.msg90130#msg90130 date=1213139841]
    wait...?
    since when do we have guardian angels???

Since you get babtised...??  you never knew about Guardian angels??        well.. i guess i did foget about mine for a long time, so i shouldn't be talking right now...
  • Abouna claps because he says a psalm that he finishes his service with (just like we pray psalms on our way to church, when we bow infront of the sanctuary, when the liturgical clothes are being put on, when abouna washes his hands etc), there's psalms integrated in the entire liturgy.

The psalm that is to be said when abouna walks around the altar after dismissing the people is psalm 47 that starts with: "O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph". That's the reason he claps ;)
  • no....i was unaware i had a guardian angel...
    so how does that work?

..and why would i have a guardian angel...when God's watching over me?
  • well.... i am pretty sure a gurdian angel is pretty self-explanatory...  (form what i know...)
  • We have alot of people watching ove us!
    let me list them for you guys....

1. God
    2. St. mary
    3. Gaurdiana angel
    4. Saints
    5. family/relatives that have passed away! :)

(That is all i can come up with! ;) )
  • Ok i have a question, you have The cherubim and seraphim.....u have the archangels and the angels under then.....

my first question is wat exactly are the cherubum and seraphim......are they a group of angels or just 2....and
    my second question is where in the list does you gardian angel fall??

and are there ranks of angels under the archangels???
  • the Seraphim and Cherobim are "types" of Angels....  or at least that is what i know... 
  • All I know is that each person has a gaurdian angel (el malak el haress).  and The cherubim and the Seraphem have a specific job! and have different #s of wings! they are not the same as our gaurdian angels! :)

They are a group of angels that have a specific job that god assigned them to! and they look different and they have different #s of wings
  • In the first hierarchy stand those that are closest to God-thrones, cherubim and seraphim. In the second, or middle hierarchy are authorities, dominions and powers. The third hierarchy, which is closest to us, contains angels, archangels and principalities (Orthodox Confessions).

Here is more I just got that from this  website......http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/death/angels2.aspx

Its about angels
  • One time I asked Abona why he throws water not only inside the alter but outside too despite we were only three people in the church that day and no one else was there to bless, he explained that many of "Al-Sowaah" who attended the mass don’t leave until Abona throws water outside the alter and if you noticed before Abona start the mass, he explores the alter carefully for any trace of water to ensure no communion was done that day on that alter.
  • i heard if Abouna finds water in the Chalice, or the plate before the mass starts then that means there are Sowah in the Church....... this is really wrong isn't it???????? 
    and how do we know if there are Sowah in the Church?
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6731.msg90171#msg90171 date=1213150443]
    i heard if Abouna finds water in the Chalice, or the plate before the mass starts then that means there are Sowah in the Church....... this is really wrong isn't it????????  
    and how do we know if there are Sowah in the Church?

How is it really wrong?  The sowah just prayed a liturgy they blessed the church
  • ok then, maybe it isn't wrong....  that is why Abouna and the Deacons dry up the Chalice and Plater really well after the Mass,,,
  • ok, that's freaky lol. I know it's a really good thing but kind of scary.
  • Once happened to us. We were going to St. Paul's monastery in the Red Sea (best monastery ever I think), and we were heading to the guesthouse. As we were walking we passed by a church, and I definetely heard the sound of cymbals but I couldn't make out the hymn. So I say to my parents to stop so we can go quickly enter the church, pray and get a blessing. They say OK, but when we got in, the church was empty. They looked at me, and I said I was sure I heard cymbals, but they hadn't heard anything.

lol could be hermits or it could be I'm hearing things  ;D

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6731.msg90190#msg90190 date=1213171373]
    lol could be hermits or it could be I'm hearing things  ;D

It could be hermits! may their blessings be with us all amen!
    bas now when i think about it..... option #2 doesn't sound that bad :P hahahahaha
  • lol bentbabayasooa`... are you saying that I'm getting old?

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6731.msg90267#msg90267 date=1213203243]
    lol bentbabayasooa`... are you saying that I'm getting old?

pray for me

joe

i agree with that statement lol ;D
  • Now PK as well.... im not that old  ::)
  • How old are you joe?
  • 15 Hahaha  ;D
  • or you are just a SAINT.... that could be another option...
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6731.msg90313#msg90313 date=1213218018]
    or you are just a SAINT.... that could be another option...

Sorry to break it you, but I'm no saint.... I sin hundreds of times a day, and some of them are soooo bad. So that isn't one definetely

pray for me

joe