Verse of the Day

2»

Comments

• Actually what i learned was that it meant the kingdom of earth coming into the hearts of people and the church being build during the time of Christ himself, and when the apostles preached after the Penticost; the kingdom of God on earth.
  • hmmmmmmmm we gotta clear that up...
    i understand wat ur sayin thou...
  • Thanks. I see what you mean too, but I'm not sure. Could you please exlain? Sorry.

LordHaveMercy
  • Well, the kingdom of God is within ur heart, so after the redemption and resurrection God's Kingdom was manifested in the form of the hearts of people being a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit, which means that God's Kingdom is on earth. Also the coming of the church could be, in a way, seen as the Kingdom of God on earth...So the people that lived in that time have seen all that happening

clear now? :)
  • Oh, i see what you're saying now. Thanks. But I don't think that we can say that the kingdom of God is on earth. Yes, it is true that God dwells in each and every one of us who have the Holy Spirit, but hasn't the earth been condemned when Adam was condemned?

"Then to Adam He said, 'Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': 'Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.' " Genesis 3: 17

And also, if we said that the kingdom of God was on earth, then what is heaven to us? And why did Jesus open the gates of heaven?

I think I am still mistaken though.
  • good point, i founded this verse, i hope this helps:

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3

it's a difficult thing about the kingdom though, there's the kingdom on earth in people's harts and of course the eternal kingdom in heaven.
  • Thanks mmatt95. The verse does help. I have a question about this verse:

"So I said in my heart, 'As it happens to the fool, It also happens to me, And why was I then more wise?' Then I said in my heart, 'This is also vanity.' For there is no more rememberance of the wise than of the fool forever, Since all that now is will be forgotten in the days to come. And how does a wise man die? As the fool! " Ecclesiastes 2:15-16

Is this verse saying that there is no point to be wise without doing good deeds?
  • how about we start this again.

today's verse:

And the chief priests and the scribes that very hour sought to lay hands on Him, but they feared the people[2] --for they knew He had spoken this parable against them. Luke 20:19
  • August 10:

John 1:16

And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.

by the way this was the NWCYC's topic this year..and it was greatly explained by H.G. Anba Moussa and H.G. Anba Antonious Morkos.

God Bless.

Mike
  • August 14:

We talked about this verse in Sunday school, it's nice:

"Let no one despise your youth, be be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
    LordHaveMercy
  • yeh ive heard that verse before, it really nice, how do we apply that to our lives though? in this day and age its gettin harder to be an example and lead others.
    Saved
  • I completely know what you mean. Let me ask some of the people on this site that were with me during Sunday school, then either they or I will answer, because sadly, even though I've heard this lesson twice, I don't remember all of it. :-\
  • well, since I was with u in the class, I feel that it is my responsibility to help :) here are some verses that our servant gave us when he was talking about this topic:
    1. Word: James 3:10-12
    2. Conduct: 2 Chronicles 34: 2-3
    3. Love ( sacrifice & service): John 15:12-13
    4. Spirit : Romans 8:6
    5. Faith: 1 Samuel 17: 45 ( the story od David) Philippians 4:14
    6. Purity: Genesis 39:9 ( the example of Joseph)
    I hope this helped a little, the lesson was like an hour long, so I'm afraid if I try to explain it, it will mess everything up. so yea
  • Nice job SisterInChrist. :) Yeah, it would be confusing to try and summarize it, but basically:

1) In word, we can sin in many ways. We can sin by lying, through pride, and in other ways I can't think of now. So we have to watch what we say, and in the Bible, I don't exactly remember where, but it says that we will be judged for every idle word.

2) In conduct, it's sort of self explanatory, and I can't remember what was said about this, sorry.

3) Love is another self explanatory one, basically, love the unconditional love that God loves us. In the verse that SisterInChrist wrote, it says, "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12.

4) Let's just go to 5, lol.

5) Philippians 4:13 sums it up in 10 words. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

6) Our Sunday school servant told us something along these lines, again, I don't remember very well, sorry. He said that Joseph had all the reasons to commit this sin, so like you were saying Saved, it is hard nowadays, but Joseph was faced with the same temptations back then. First, there was no law at that time that said that aldultery wasn't allowed, so he could've used that as an excuse. Second of all, he could've said to God, "God, I am angry with you for allowing me to be sold." Third of all, if he did commit the sin, nobody would know because he was alone with his master's wife.

• my bad, it's philippians 4: 13, not 14.
  • "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; and I ordained you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1: 5

It's a nice verse, it goes hand in hand with saying, "Thy will be done."
  • "It's a nice verse, it goes hand in hand with saying, "Thy will be done." ??
    can you explain a little how it goes in hand with this verse...
    ???..
    thanks
  • Hey PrincessMary,

Sorry for any confusion. There are two ways that I think it can go hand in hand with this verse. We are studying abortion, and this is one of the verses that comes in handy. As is said in Jeremiah 1:5, God had already ordained him a prophet to the nations, even before He formed him in the womb. So, in my opinion, if a mother was to have an abortion, it would go against God's will, and whatever He had set for this child.

Also, we always say, "Thy will be done." God knows us best and knows what is best for us. Say for whatever reason, Jeremiah took a different path, he wouldn't have become a prophet, and that's something pretty big to miss out on.

By the way, this is just my opinion, please correct me if I'm wrong. :D