Jobs

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Now that most of us youth are thinking of what we want to do in the future we have to consider which feilds we want to go in, heres where my question comes in are some jobs (becides the obvious) sacreligious? For example a Judge on one hand they rule by a law but aren't they judging people? Or being in the army, your only doing your job but what happends if you injer or kill someone isn't it still murder? Or being a politician or lawyer, you may be defending the wrong thing but its only your job? Personally i think its wrong ethier way but i want all your imput on this because recently a sunday school teacher told me its right as long as your following the rules and only doing your job? ???

Comments

• Yea, I belive it's wrong too but that's just my opinion. And I really can't lie on demand anyway, I'd feel real bad so I wasn't planning on being anything of that sort. God Bless.
  • i think that each person has a choice on what they want to do and they should pick an occupation that wont obay gots commanment. the only reason i think its okay is when its not ur choice like sometimes when ppl take money fro the goverment for collage they miust go into a war if it during the future. the person has no idea there will be one so agrees and thats when its not there fault. any other reason it just wrong beacause ur disobaying gods commandments. but thats just my oppinion. i hoped that helped
  • well i dont no... i think its ok as far as u are doing your jod... but thats just my opinion
  • I don't believe that being a judge is wrong. You MISUNDERSTAND one important thing..... as a judge you are judging a person's ACTIONS according to the laws of society... that is not wrong and the bible doesn't say thats wrong. There must be a law in society. As a lawyer its possible to practice with principles and defend a just cause or an inocent person. Not sure abou the army though since being a soldier........ in a war you will take life........ that is war. Politicians.............. :) still I believe a person can act with integrity and principles.
    Just try and find out what you'd like to do for the rest of your life

Fady
  • well in the army i think its more of a self defense rather than murder, you don't kill that person because you hate them or you want to robe them, you are killing them because if you don't he will
    hope that make sense
  • ive always wondered a lot about the army and judge issues, not so much the politics thing though.. i personally think that some judges r righteous in their judgement of peoples ACTIONs but others arent.. i mean u can go with the society's rules but wat about moral principles? wat if theres something you dont agree with but ur forced to give it to the person because the law says this action deserves this punishment?... i mean wat if ur forced to give soeone the death penalty becasue the law says their offense deserves it?... i think its a hard position to have for a job wen ur a copt because our moralls and stuff r so much different formt he laws of society sometimes

About the army issue howeveer, i still dont know.. i mean i dotn have a definite opinion..cuz wat if ur drafted... or something/.. i dotn know that to me is a hard question to give my opinion on
  • Personally I dont think it matters whether you hurt or kill someone in the army or not, I think you'll get punished still the same because God sees no ranks. Wheater your a celebraty, politician, Solider, or whatever, thats just my opinion ::) . . .
  • i kinda disagree with you on that one Allen
  • someone asked the war question in the eccyc and also in the coneticut family convention to a couple of bishops, and they all said that its not ur fault if u kill someone in war, but its the fault of the person that made the war.
  • i think those verses might be of some interest to some of you
    7 "Will any one of you, who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep, say to him when he has come in from the field, 'Come at once and sit down at table'? 8 Will he not rather say to him, 'Prepare supper for me, and gird yourself and serve me, till I eat and drink; and afterward you shall eat and drink'? 9 Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? 10 So you also, when you have done all that is commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.'" Luke 17:7-10
  • [quote author=Wasim link=board=1;threadid=518;start=0#msg8582 date=1092156164]
    well in the army i think its more of a self defense rather than murder, you don't kill that person because you hate them or you want to robe them, you are killing them because if you don't he will
    hope that make sense

Army is worse.... you kill because its your job and not self-defence which we may argue about. I don't think its nice to serve in the army by choice... life is sacred