homosexuality-changed>>

aghabi everyone. xD
i personally think being gay/lesbian is wrong and in fact weird. ^_^ lol.  according to us coptics it is a major sin right? =0 but i have tried telling people that once before but i just cannot explain why it is wrong.  i mean i noe u will give me verses that god destroyed them and that he purposely created male nd female to recieve matrimony noewadays.  yet? any verses REAL proof of why it is WRONG??? becuz manyy catholics think it shouldnt be  a sin nd i have tried to prove them wrong....? ???

/
mahraeel
plzz p4m sister in Christ

Comments

• Our Church is against such actions 100%. There is a book by the Hegumen Fr. Mikhail E Mikhail (http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_copt.htm) which details the following:

Such behavior has never been accepted in society.
    There are various references in the Bible which reject and condemn the notion of homosexuality.
    The Bible mentions that these things are against nature and are against the will of God.
    There have been successful repentances, proving that the issue is not genetics, but rather the upbringing or other emotional aspects that affected the individual.

It is also good to take Sodom and Gomorrah as an example of God's wrath upon those who fail to repent from this sin.

The Bible does not allow it, therefore God does not allow it. To allow it would be to go against God's will, and at that point, can a body of people really call themselves a Church in the name of Our Lord?

I personally know of a Byzantine Catholic girl who is lesbian. I have tried to persuade her that the act is against her religion, but she insisted that her church allows it and that it was not a sin. I then researched numerous verses of the Bible that proved my point. She then said that her church uses a certain version of the Bible. I then got verses from the official Bible of the Catholic Church in the USA. She said that they do not use that, either. I then asked her to bring in her copy of the Bible, and she replied that she does not have one and that her friend who lives 'miles away' has a copy.

As you can see, such people find it difficult to face the truth and reality of the matter.

Please remember my weak self in your prayers.
  • It is very simple if God wanted to create us Homos then instead of Creating Adam & Eve he would have created Adam & Steve.
    I know the names rhymes but you get my point :)

Plz Pray for me
  • in addition to the above id like to say:
    i dont think ur title is very appropriate...people are not homo's people may identify as homosexuals...we love the person not the sin....
  • Just a quick note...NO,the sin of homosexuality has not changed,in much the same way as the words of the bible have not changed. God's word never change. The bible clearly condemns such practice,therefore,it applies to all who call themsleves Christians,not just the Orthodox faith. There is no room for interpretation there. The prob with the Catholic Church is that it evolves and takes new positions everytime.It is the church that changed. The 2nd Vatican Council has destroyed a lot of things. Many Catholics who opposed its outcome prefered to remain traditional Catholics(the older style).The resolutions of the 2nd Vatican council has allowed Catholics to be more tolerant. For example, many Catholic politicians who had to vote for Gay marriage argue that they acted in the faith of the 2nd Vatican council. Why do you think Gay priests and child molesterers rocked the Catholic  church over the last decades  and most were not even defroked? Their Holy Communion practice is a joke. One is not required to abstain from food for 9 hours, but only for 2 lousy hours. As far as fasting throughout the years is concerend,I do not think,they take anything serious.Fasting even during the Great lent is not that much encouraged.I know many Catholics ,but I have yet to find one who fasts or talks about it.

Thus, it is in this light that you need to consider why they think being gay is cool.
  • As I said before, it was a Byzantine Catholic who tried to argue the point - this is one of the Eastern Catholic Churches, who did not accept the filioque, much less the Second Vatican Council! It is really something shameful that part of the most influential Christian body supports this sin.
  • o lol thxx severus nd sryy for the misunderstanding. 

Just a quick note...NO,the sin of homosexuality has not changed,in much the same way as the words of the bible have not changed. God's word never change. The bible clearly condemns such practice,therefore,it applies to all who call themsleves Christians,not just the Orthodox faith. There is no room for interpretation there. The prob with the Catholic Church is that it evolves and takes new positions everytime.It is the church that changed. The 2nd Vatican Council has destroyed a lot of things. Many Catholics who opposed its outcome prefered to remain traditional Catholics(the older style).The resolutions of the 2nd Vatican council has allowed Catholics to be more tolerant. For example, many Catholic politicians who had to vote for Gay marriage argue that they acted in the faith of the 2nd Vatican council. Why do you think Gay priests and child molesterers rocked the Catholic  church over the last decades  and most were not even defroked? Their Holy Communion practice is a joke. One is not required to abstain from food for 9 hours, but only for 2 lousy hours. As far as fasting throughout the years is concerend,I do not think,they take anything serious.Fasting even during the Great lent is not that much encouraged.I know many Catholics ,but I have yet to find one who fasts or talks about it.

Thus, it is in this light that you need to consider why they think being gay is cool.

if u r mentioning change above becuz of the title thats juss becuz i wanted to let u noe i changed it becuz some ppl were umcomfortable.  but lol if u are answering kerestina then okaay

anywayz any other comments plzz nd severus i will check that web site further  more later on.  as of now plzz pray for me for i have many exams nd i need to attend the pascha.  xD

/
    mahraeel
    plzzz p4m sister in Christ
  • Abona at my church told us that there are a group of people that are going to go aroun the school (not sure just the district we live in or all over U.S>) and talk to kids about how Homosexual marriage should be legal in the U.S.  :o
    and we should say no, that is not right because it is against our bible.

Does any-one know any thing more than That? I would love to know! (NOt that I support Homosexual marriage :P )
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=6515.msg86165#msg86165 date=1209002311]
    aghabi everyone. xD
    i personally think being gay/lesbian is wrong and in fact weird. ^_^ lol.  according to us coptics it is a major sin right? =0 but i have tried telling people that once before but i just cannot explain why it is wrong.  i mean i noe u will give me verses that god destroyed them and that he purposely created male nd female to recieve matrimony noewadays.  yet? any verses REAL proof of why it is WRONG??? becuz manyy catholics think it shouldnt be  a sin nd i have tried to prove them wrong....? ???

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ

Like I said before, the Catholic Church (large parts of it at least) are more interested in gaining numbers than gaining saints. They'll change right to wrong and wrong to right if it means it doesnt offend anyone.

I also commend Kerestina. Its VITAL that we respect homosexuals. Had anyone homosexual felt that the Church respects them and not their sin, they'd have turned to God. Instead, they see ridicule, and hatred. This is not the attitude that will welcome a sinner back to God.

Its a sin because God said that. Clearly. Its written clearly that it is an abomination in His sight.

The spiritual reasoning is that its against what He created.

• [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6515.msg86199#msg86199 date=1209081175]
    Abona at my church told us that there are a group of people that are going to go aroun the school (not sure just the district we live in or all over U.S>) and talk to kids about how Homosexual marriage should be legal in the U.S.  :o
    and we should say no, that is not right because it is against our bible.

Does any-one know any thing more than That? I would love to know! (NOt that I support Homosexual marriage :P )

That's old news. The schools in Canada recommend that their students engage in homosexuality at an early age so that they know whether it is for them or not.

I really fear for our generation, and the generation of those below ours. I definately fear for anyone growing up in Canada!!!! (that's for sure!!!).
  • I support seperation of church and state. If homosexuals want to get married (i mean a civil marriage) then i don't see any problems with that. It's their right as citizens.
    However, they can't get married in church since it's against God's will.
    We should keep in mind that not all people are religious and therefor we can't force them to abide by the rules of our church.

God bless.
  • Marriage simply is not a union. It has a universal character of being an institution in which hinges the possibility of a family. It is the spine of the family unit, in bring upon offspring for society.

The problem is that since sexual relations is for pleasure, more than for purposes of sustaining a stable relationship and bearing children, we have this crisis today.

I recommend reading this: http://www.citizenlink.org/pdfs/fosi/marriage/DifferingDefinitionsofMarriage.pdf

Marriage in tolerant societies, such as Classical Greece, still did not consider homosexual unions as marriages, as marriage is clearly different from bond-ship.

Consider, St. David and Jonathan; who were emotionally and psychologically very close; this partnership is not marriage, only strong friendship.

The sexual relationship between homosexual partners does not make them any more a friendship, or bondship, etc; it just perverts the faculties of our natural use of our reproductive organs.

If marriage be the cornerstone of the family, which is the bedrock of society, then how can society allow marriage to radically change definition to that which just acknowledges the loving commitment of two people, in a legal way? This is the definition of civil union. Why should marriage be degraded, when we already have a suited title?