Myron

2»

Comments

• Thanks for taking the time to do this.
  • You are welcome but my performance in this is really less and much slower than I wanted.
    But more soon with God's Grace.
    GBU

• Hi John_S2000,

Thank you so much for ur translation, it is very helpful and I learned a lot of things from it. So thanks again!!
  • You are welcome  :)
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=6084.msg82895#msg82895 date=1203975079]
    You are welcome  :)

i have a great idea for you. since you keep updating the text than why not do this, add the text here in the text library. http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/. give it a name under the "Other Liturgical & Sacramental Services > Preparation of the Holy Myron" category.

when you add the file, you can update it any time and of course the link stays the same, and you just post the link here......
  • Thank you minagir for the category:
    Other Liturgical & Sacramental Services > Preparation of the Holy Myron
    It's a great honor for me.

Isn't this section mainly for hymns? Please kindly note though:
    - the Word file (*.doc) is sent so that the text can be revised and corrected by others
    - the files (*.doc or *.pdf) contain mainly text but has some font/paragraph formatting
    - it has (at least) a word in Coptic that uses special typeface (embedded in the pdf)
    - the appendix will contain some scans of pictures and line drawings (in the *.pdf)
    - it has not yet been read or approved by any COC religious authority (it's about Myron and HH )
    - I'm afraid it may be difficult to complete the full translation of the book
    please advise, thank you

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=6084.msg82901#msg82901 date=1203981862]
    Thank you minagir for the category:
    Other Liturgical & Sacramental Services > Preparation of the Holy Myron
    It's a great honor for me.

Isn't this section mainly for hymns? Please kindly note though:
    - the Word file (*.doc) is sent so that the text can be revised and corrected by others
    - the files (*.doc or *.pdf) contain mainly text but has some font/paragraph formatting
    - it has (at least) a word in Coptic that uses special typeface (embedded in the pdf)
    - the appendix will contain some scans of pictures and line drawings (in the *.pdf)
    - it has not yet been read or approved by any COC religious authority (it's about Myron and HH )
    - I'm afraid it may be difficult to complete the full translation of the book
    please advise, thank you

GBU

well when translating you just need to be as accurate as possible until it's sent to someone of authority to review. well i consider the whole service as a liturgical one that also have it's own hymns. what ever you can put in a liturgical book you can put on the library. (actually you can send this link to an authoritative person who can edit....i know HG Bishop Youssef logs here every once in a while and knows about this text library)

about editing, you can ask others to post any changes they'd suggest and you can change it. also me, and some other users and the admins can edit all these pages of hymns texts. so there are many who can change, just not anyone for the sake of organization and many other reasons.

also i don't think pictures would be as important as the text itself....as for the current time.
  • OK minagir though I feel it's going to be tough.

Maybe it's important to scan in part the book's original pages (translated and to be translated) so others can check, correct and improve the translation. Yet I haven't any approval for translating or otherwise from the book authors.

Do we all have now the approval, blessing and prayers of HG Bishop Youssef for this matter?

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=6084.msg83248#msg83248 date=1204404555]
    OK minagir though I feel it's going to be tough.

Maybe it's important to scan in part the book's original pages (translated and to be translated) so others can check, correct and improve the translation. Yet I haven't any approval for translating or otherwise from the book authors.

Do we all have now the approval, blessing and prayers of HG Bishop Youssef for this matter?

GBU

hmmm.....which matter exactly. the text library is a free service that is done across the site, tasbeha.org and partner site. in somethings i guess i do ask H.G.B. Yousseff on somematters...but not all...because this would take much from his time.

you can maybe ask him. his contact info is on the diocese site, suscopts.org. i don't think he would say no. maybe he can even tell if any of the deacons there are working on this.
  • the holly Myron was only done 26 times in the history of Our Coptic Orthodox Church... I beleive the last time It was made by Pope Kyrollos the 6th... plz correct me if i am wrong

God Bless

Coptic Pharaoh
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6084.msg84117#msg84117 date=1205987523]
    the holly Myron was only done 26 times in the history of Our Coptic Orthodox Church... I beleive the last time It was made by Pope Kyrollos the 6th... plz correct me if i am wrong

God Bless

Coptic Pharaoh

what are you talking about. it was done about 4-5 times by  HH Pope Shenouda including one that was very recent, maybe 1 or 2 yrs ago.
  • well i was reading a book about Pope Kyrollos. it said He did it in (i forgot the year) and that was the 26th time in our Coptic Church's history...  i was just saying it right off the book.

God Bless

Coptic Pharaoh
  • Aren't they going to do it again in April.Not sure if this is correct.I read the arabic Keraza and im not a very good reader and they use many big words so yeah im not sure if i understood right.Please anyone correct me if I am wrong. And I think it said this is the seventh time. Again not sure if I am correct.