haram or not??

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I've always thought that it was haram when ppl used verses in Corinthians 13 as they're profiles because they say it to someone specific like a boyfriend or a girlfriend. This also happens to be my favorite chapter in the bible and i know every word by heart because it talks about love to God and to everyone not the kind of love that people take it as. I recently had an arguement about this with someone and i wanted to know your opinions....

God Bless,

Mariam

Comments

• thats a very interesting ?. i guess it depends on the reason y they post it. i would think would justify or unjustufy their actions
  • i know this is really off topic but i think the use of the word haram is not correct since it says in 1 Corinthians 6:12
    All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any
    so the word haram is not correct here we got that word from the muslims really
    just want to drop that info by
    and Mariam i don't understand your question very well could you please explain it a bit more??
    Thank you
  • mariam, i dont think it's right cause ur taking the context of a verse and directing it towards something that God does not approve of... now if u were taking a verse, and just to use an example, i knwo someoen who lost their father and their profile has a verse about love and they say i love you dad, rip, etc... thats acceptable, but if its a verse thats like 'love is kind and suffers long' and it's directed towards a relationship between a boyfriend n girlfriend n their issues, thats wrong (not to mention dumb, cause its not really love)
    ask urself: why did St. Peter include this verse in the Bible? or why is one of God's teachings?
  • St Paul actually lol, but isn't misusing verses from the bible considered talking idle words, which is condemned by the bible?

Matthew 12:36 - But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
  • thanks alot guys for your responses. Wasim, my question was if it was acceptable to use corinthians chapter 13 as a profile for a boyfriend/ girlfriend. I thought it was really haram and unacceptable but i had an argument with someone very stubborn who thought it was okay and not wrong so i wanted to know other peoples opinions. i completely agree with SMS by the way.
  • o noooooo
    i did it again!
    and i just studied this the other day!
    sry guys, st PAUL not PETER
    peter was with the chicken, paul was with the books.......URGH
    sryyyyyy
    thanx matt and mariam
  • Hey I have also seen people using Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10

"Two are better than one,
    Because they have a good reward for their labour.
    For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
    But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
    For he has no one to help him up."

They use this to be FOR bf/gf stuff... two r better than one.. all that.. its all misreading the passage... and i got into a tense convo b4 about it...

can anyone explain the passage?
  • quick note.. st. peter was a ROOSTER.. lol.. ok.. i'm done joking around.. i think this question has been answered and i wouldn't be of any help.. so i'll just end my post here.. or here.. or rigght here.
  • hahahahha
    now that my friend......is a first! lol :P
  • ok get back to the question.. ya rub estorha ma3ana
  • i think it is wrong beacuz it wasnt wrote for boyfreds and girlfreinds but for love towards god and if ur gonna do somethin that god said notto then use his words to express it then thats wrong. i hope that helped.