A youth in her early 20s

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
A girl that is almost 20 has a bright future ahead of her.  A great fience, great school, maybe a life scholarship, was a sunday school teacher, a good job, and a loving family.  She has lots of things that she knows she should be thankfull for and she is.

The issue is:-

That girl as time went by, and life took her along it's time, she got further and further away from god. First she started to lie, she stoped praying, she stoped being thankfull, stoped going to church, not a sunday school teacher anymore cuz she stoped going to church, she hasn't taken communion in ages, and sooo on......

she feels her life is empty right now, has no meaning, school doesn't mean much now, she did a foolish thing and quite her job, she left god, and now she doesn't feel anything is important.  she feels like she is v.v.v.v.v. far from god.  and she wants to get closer to him again but the problem is everytime she gets close she gets LAZY!!!!! and she knows that god never gets lazy on her and is alawys with her.

The bottom line is : SHE SCREWED UP HER LIFE cuz she goten away from god.

Help! what to do?!

BentBABAyasooa`

Comments

• Well she has already taken the first step which is mostly the hardest besides staying on track. I completly know how she feels and go through this from time to time. what she has to do is PRAY. I know this is the generic answer for any problems we have but it works. if you feel you are getting lazy just remind yourself, how can i be soo lazy to pray for five min when my Lord and Savior died for me and suffered so much for my sake. You feel empty right now because you have not taken communion in a long time(by what you've said) what you should do is talk to your FOC, confess, get his advise, take communion and before you know it your life will be back on track in no time. I gaurentee it

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Heyyy

You need to make sure she knows that God's presence is infinite. And that she CAN change. Be with her and let her talk and talk and talk, and i know youll feel like saying a lot, but try and just listen at first. If youve done that already, than maybe give her a little push to talk to an Abouna. Maybe she wont want to, but have a litle intervention. Recently a similar thing happened to me. God was on my side, and he sent me three people to intervene. Two of my friends were talking to me and trying to convice me to talk to abouna, when abouna himself comes along and tells me that Im not allowed to leave that night UNTIL i talk to him. Of course one thing led to another, and i had given my heart to God once again and now here i am. Shower her with love and make sure you tell her that EVERYBODY makes mistakes... SOME of them  BIGGER than others. But hey its Jonah's feast, might remind her that God forgave the people of Ninevah for their awful sins because they fasted and repented. When she gets lazy, dont let her! Invite her to go to a mass with you and then out for lunch! Make excuses to get her into the church! Her life feels empty because she is away from God, so pray that she hears God callling her, and pray that she reaches out and responds to his love. I know since she used to serve in sunday school she knows the greatness of God's power right? REMIND HER how GOOD it felt to be full of God's love and presence. Let her know she can be happy again.

All the best,
    Pray for me :)
  • she did sat with abona and had a talk with him.  bas she feels like abona didn't realy help much! he gave her like 5 mins.  Maybe i will try another abona.  there was an abona that when i talk to him he talks back to me and gives me advices.  and then something happened last sunday, she felt stomach ach and didn't go to church eventhough she woke up on time for church! :(
    bas i will def. try to make it next sunday and take communion! I just love smelling el bokhor, the smell of el bokhor makes me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!

I realy did change to the worest when i gotten away from god, i never lied and now i do it frequently, i'd pray and now i don't :-S

I don't know what has gotten into me, I love rabana and i am thankull for all he has done, i don't know how could i have ever stoped inviting him into my heart and into my life..... how could i've done such a thing?!
  • Don't be so hard on yourself, it happens to a lot of people the best thing is that you realized you messed up and are willing to go back to the way things were. God see's your effort and will meet you half way, just as he did with the prodigal son, he's watching from afar waiting for his son/daughter to return and just as he sees them he runs and falls on their necks and kisses them and makes them better than what they were before. Don't worry, let God's will be done.
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6244.msg82396#msg82396 date=1203389760]
    bas i will def. try to make it next sunday and take communion! I just love smelling el bokhor, the smell of el bokhor makes me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!

I realy did change to the worest when i gotten away from god, i never lied and now i do it frequently, i'd pray and now i don't :-S

I don't know what has gotten into me, I love rabana and i am thankull for all he has done, i don't know how could i have ever stoped inviting him into my heart and into my life..... how could i've done such a thing?!

Im sorry, im a little confused. Is this what she said?

if it is what she said.... thats GREAT because she thirsts for righteousness, Matthew 5 :6

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled."

Whats for SURE:  God wants his daughter back! and God knows her heart, and He will WILL get to her.

Pray for her is the best you can do , plus the other things i said before... as for Abouna, try another Abouna like you said :)

• make her watch the passion of the christ!!! sit with her during it, and show her everything. like wen He is getting nailed to the cross say to her look wut He is doing for u and me and the whole world. make her feel srry for herself for leaving God. i am not trying to be mean, but if u see wut God actually did for u then u will understand. or u can just pray for her if u think u did ur best to help her. and i am just saying, she will be mentioned in my prayers. may God be with her and with all the people who tried to help her. May He give them strength to make her return back to Him, He is waiting with is arms wide open for her to return to Him.
  • i started to run with the wheel of life and forgot the most important thing. I'd get sooo much energy to carry on with my day.  Wake up early and go to school, watch t.v., and go to work, and work some more.  work on saturday ngts and sunday mornings.  and then when it is time to pray then i am tired and lazy and 1/2 asleep!

Talking to another abona is my next step, and plz  pray for me that i'd make it this sunday to church and take communion!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6244.msg82404#msg82404 date=1203390814]
    i started to run with the wheel of life and forgot the most important thing. I'd get sooo much energy to carry on with my day.  Wake up early and go to school, watch t.v., and go to work, and work some more.  work on saturday ngts and sunday mornings.  and then when it is time to pray then i am tired and lazy and 1/2 asleep!

Talking to another abona is my next step, and plz  pray for me that i'd make it this sunday to church and take communion!

ur in my prayers!! and u should talk to abouna!! great that u have it planned!! but not so great about the prayer thing! but we are humans we all make mistakes.
  • There are a bunch of sermons here on "Starting your spiritual life". Idk how helpful these will be but Abouna Anthony is the man! and he always has amazing words to say that can change a person's life. there is one on starting over that was given on New Year's Eve and many other talks on repenting and returning to God, the prayers of all the saints be with you=D

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=21&Itemid=26
  • Oh i haven't listened to this one either but the title seems very appropriate=D

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=22&Itemid=26

the last on on the page.
  • Thanks hon..

I will def. look into them when i get home ;)

bentBABAyasooa`