HH this Sunday at St Anthony in South Jersey

H.H. Pope Shenouda III will be consecrating St. Anthony’s Church in Medford, NJ this Sunday, January 27th from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. The church is located at 267 Hartford Rd, Medford, NJ 08055-4001. God bless!

Comments

• [quote author=GeorgeYassa link=topic=6123.msg81321#msg81321 date=1201045081]
    H.H. Pope Shenouda III will be consecrating St. Anthony’s Church in Medford, NJ this Sunday, January 27th from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. The church is located at 267 Hartford Rd, Medford, NJ 08055-4001. God bless!

what are you talking about, HH is here??!!!
  • Last time I saw HH, he was in Egypt on Christmas Eve!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • He is going to consecrate the church there... on the 27th...
  • Oh, what a great blessing, I'm really happy for the NJ people, congratulations! Just wondering something, how is Sayedna anyway?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • he is also gonna be at makar on Monday... or so amba David said...
  • See, I've been hearing about makar way to much, is that a place as in a city? sorry I'm just curious about the location (if it is one anyway)

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • the makar is the Pope's residential church/building here in america. it's located at Cedar Grove, NJ and umm it has his office and his like "house" and stuff for him to stay at while he's in America. It's also the church of Anba David since he is the Bishop over the North American Archdiocese. The makar is like the central office of the Archdiocese. Hope I helped and please correct me if I'm wrong. God Bless.
  • I think I saw it before in the Al-Qaraza, I think I know what you're talking about, thank you very much Tishori for that! God bless everyone!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • No problem buddy ;D

umm i really want to go to this consecration but i dont think i'll be able to since i live two hours from you in MD but will the church website be posting pics soon, or will any of the church's members be putting pictures on webshots or flickr or something? Thanks in advance. Pray For Me.
  • what is the church site?
  • http://saintanthonynj.org/

I am pretty sure that this is the church they are referring to. Btw, what exactly is HH consecrating? I thought that you meant a brand new church but are you guys receiving a new altar or something?
  • no he is consecrating the church because it is newly built so nothing is consecrated yet...
  • awesome God bless you guys!
  • If I may ask a favor of any of you, preferably someone who goes to the church of St. Anthony in South Jersey, can anybody broadcast this live via satellite??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • We don't have a camera system set up just yet, however, I will try to get a couple recordings and put them online when I can.
  • I will check if a live feed can be done through our website!
  • [quote author=GeorgeYassa link=topic=6123.msg81359#msg81359 date=1201096733]
    I will check if a live feed can be done through our website!

you can use this, windows media encoder, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

you just need a set up on the site, or even a link to the video.
  • His Holiness will be arriving God willing this Saturday at the Makkar around 4:30 PM.
  • Good to knw u guys!! thnx!!!!
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6123.msg81334#msg81334 date=1201049261]
    It's also the church of Anba David since he is the Bishop over the North American Archdiocese. T

I don't think he is our bishop... i believe the pope is our bishop... im not 100% sure.... but i think im right
  • [quote author=KrazyLion link=topic=6123.msg81391#msg81391 date=1201137679]
    [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6123.msg81334#msg81334 date=1201049261]
    It's also the church of Anba David since he is the Bishop over the North American Archdiocese. T

I don't think he is our bishop... i believe the pope is our bishop... im not 100% sure.... but i think im right

yes. the pope is our bishop. that's why HG Bishop David is a general bishop on the area who manages it, since the pope is not here.
  • The pope is our bishop. Anba david is a general bishop and can be ordained pope because he has no throne. Other Bishops E.G anba Serabion can not be ordained because he is the bishop of L.A and Hawaii and Southern California
  • ok, so why don't we say amba david... like when i went to florida they say amba yossef.... why don't we say amba david in our hymns?

lol i'd be completely understanding if someone responded "cause you guys don't know how to do things right" lol
  • [quote author=KrazyLion link=topic=6123.msg81395#msg81395 date=1201140063]
    ok, so why don't we say amba david... like when i went to florida they say amba yossef.... why don't we say amba david in our hymns?

lol i'd be completely understanding if someone responded "cause you guys don't know how to do things right" lol

in florda, hg bishop Youssef is THE BISHOP of the southern diocese, but Anba David is a general Bishop who is responseble when the pope is not here. Many church do say his name, nothing wrong with that......most just don't do like my churhc.
  • [quote author=KrazyLion link=topic=6123.msg81395#msg81395 date=1201140063]
    ok, so why don't we say amba david... like when i went to florida they say amba yossef.... why don't we say amba david in our hymns?

your not supposed to do it at all- because he is not responsible for everything here- he just makes executive decisions when the pope tells him to- Anba youssef makes the decisions there. This is an Archdiocese- under the Archbishop.
  • also in an archdiocese the pope ordains priests- not anba david. In the southern diocese and diocese of L.A... The Enthroned Bishops (Anba Serbion and Anba Youssef) Ordain the priests. just wanted to add that
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6123.msg81398#msg81398 date=1201140806]
    also in an archdiocese the pope ordains priests- not anba david. In the southern diocese and diocese of L.A... The Enthroned Bishops (Anba Serbion and Anba Youssef) Ordain the priests. just wanted to add that

the rule in our rites is that to every priest (te be ordained) there have to be 3 bishops. the Pope, being an archbishop, is equal to 3 bishops. so that's why he does. if think about, when anaba Sarapion ordains a priest, he always send for atleast anba Yossef and anba David or others maybe. so technicly they can't by themslves.
  • but in places like africa, outside egypt obviously, Anba Antonious Morcos ordains priests by himself. So is that like an exception?
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6123.msg81400#msg81400 date=1201144855]
    but in places like africa, outside egypt obviously, Anba Antonious Morcos ordains priests by himself. So is that like an exception?

well yes. but i actually i think most of the time anba Polos goes with him.....or jusr ordain him on Pantecost.