CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Non-Orthodox Inquiries
hi guys i was wondering if i can get answers on a few things on this cult of christianity..(or even a link to the answers or a link to a previous topic on this)

i was wondering

what are the oginis of this 'church' (first leaders) and what are its belief and practises (i head something about the lady not screaming when giving birth), where are its place of worship/literature, what are its ceremonies and literature and what are the similarities and difference of this cult to our coptic orthodox religion??

Thankyou very much!

Comments

• Actually it has nothing to do with Christianity.  It is not even a heretic Church or something like that and does not even try to claim itself to Christianity. It is like Islam to Christianity, where the Muslims don't claim to be Christians or a Christian cult etc. They are a distinct Body of belief, and their use of Church just means people who share a particular belief system.
  • well actually the reason that i did say they were claiming to be a type of 'chrisitanity' was becasue my school gave us an assesment task to talk about different christian cults...and this was the one that was assigned to me by my coptic orthodox school...

either way i really would like some onformation about this organisation

thankyou
  • thanks so much for the website i just wanted to ask though,,other than auditing, does it have any ceremonies?? and so far from what i have read, nothing has touched apon the no screaming when giving birth thing...is that a myth?
  • Little know fact: L. Ron Hubbard invented this "religion" as win a cocktail party wager that he could invent a religion and people would accept it.
    Sadly, he seems to have been correct.
  • my school gave us an assesment task to talk about different christian cults...and this was the one that was assigned to me by my coptic orthodox school...

That's a trifle worrying. Like Mormonism, Scientology is not a Christian Church - it is man-made. I know people sometimes say that the Protestant Churches were founded by men, but that's unfair to many of them, which started by trying to 'reform' whichever Apostolic Church they were then part of. This emphasises the difference.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • well ok, what really is it ..an organisation? a non-chistian cult?

oh and another fact id like to know...how many people out there are actually believing in such rubbish?

however still why isnt there still much about it out there on the activities of such an organisation
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I couldn't resist the urge...

John,

666 posts my friend.  And how fitting that your 666th post should be in a thread dealing with cults.  :o

Is there something you want to share with us?  :D
  • lol... It's a conspiracy!
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5987.msg80014#msg80014 date=1196866498]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I couldn't resist the urge...

John,

666 posts my friend.  And how fitting that your 666th post should be in a thread dealing with cults.   :o

Is there something you want to share with us?  :D

Well, thank goodness this makes it 670!! I am sure that if you added the number of the letters in Anglian and multiplied them by the number of letters in Scientology and then rant the result through a one of these bible codes you'd get utter rubbish!! ;)

John