HH Pope Shenouda was ill

edited November 2007 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Everyone pray for HH Pope Shenouda because few days earlier HH had a lot of pain and went to the AlSalam Hospital's ICU for treatment. They said his painful acute abdominal condition was caused by an inflammation of the gall bladder.

Medical report and announcement

May the Lord heal HH the Pope and alleviate his pain. Amen.

Comments

• May the Lord keep him on his throne for many years and peaceful times, he has done so much for the church God Bless him and keep him for us for many more years to come and to heal him from any ailment he has
  • Pope Shenouda is in our prayers.. But we all know that this pain is coming from God, I personally think God is purifying Pope Shenouda meaning that he may be ready soon to be with the Lord In heaven. Pray for his health, but know that this is just cleansing. If Jesus himself was tortured and faced an incredible amount of pain, than who of us is worthy to go through life without any pain even at our highest moments.
  • I know I speak for all members of the British Orthodox Church in saying that our prayers are with him.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • I just finished watching, Live on the internet, the ceremony of the anniversary of HH Pope Shenouda”s Enthronement on the See of St. Mark. It took over 2 hours and I can tell you honestly that our Pope looks wonderful and healthy, he joked many times and greeted lots of bishops and visitors. At the end he addressed the crowds, who gathered at the Cathedral, for over half an hour while standing mentioning every one and all the accomplished task of his papacy. 
  • can you tell me where you watched this video?
  • It was Live on Coptic Pope TV,

http://copticpope.tv/

Every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. Cairo Time is the Live Video weekly lecture by His Holiness at the Cathedral. Today is Wednesday, and his Enthronement’s Anniversary Coincided with his weekly lecture, so instead of HH celebrating this important occasion at St Bishoy Monastery as every year, the decision was to celebrated it among his peoples.
    By tomorrow, the speech by the Pope might be posted Audio, in this case I will send you the connection. If you can access Aghaby TV, you can watch the celebration being repeated several times,
  • Thank you Safaa for the link.

The list has 8 nice video items but none is about the Enthronement’s Anniversary so I'll wait till it's available online, and waiting for the audio one (while I prefer mp3 any format is fine).

GBU
  • Dear John_S2000, Pope tv did not post the ceremony audio as I though they would, sorry for that.
    I watched it once more on:

http://aghapy.tv/cms/

So if you have time you just put your computer on Aghapy.tv and click on live. The station is repeating it every 2 hour or so, good luck is needed because it stops so frequent.

Our friend ophadece on http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=2823.30
    had this post

Dear all,
    I can view Aghaby TV online through www.sopcast.com; you just need to download a very small program, install it, and it views about 40 - 50 online channels streaming. One of them is aghaby TV. Channels are divided by the genre. I hope you find this helpful.
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot

I just posted that it might help you
  • Many thanks dear Safaa, also thanking ophadece and Aghapy broadcast team.

GBU
  • God bless our holy and honorable Pontiff with a long and peaceful life.

I have not heard anything about His Holiness's health? Are there any websites/links??

I understood from Safaa that his anniversary was this november; so apparently he was well during his anniversary - can anyone confirm?

Many thanks,
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=5930.msg79358#msg79358 date=1195002354]
    Everyone pray for HH Pope Shenouda because few days earlier HH had a lot of pain and went to the AlSalam Hospital's ICU for treatment. They said his painful acute abdominal condition was caused by an inflammation of the gall bladder.

Medical report and announcement

May the Lord heal HH the Pope and alleviate his pain. Amen.

there is a Link he posted..
  • Yes, I saw that link He Wept, but its in Arabic. Is there anything in English? My arabic reading ability is very poor.
  • May God help and heal the illness, as well as the life of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, of whom has done so many miraculous and wonderful works that has kept the Coptic Orthodox Church at its Renaissance. May God grant him a long life, for many years and peaceful times, through the intercessions of St. Mary, and all of the archangels, angels, principalities, authorities, thrones, dominions, and power, especially Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael, and the prayers of all of the saints since the beginning, especially St. Mark and St. Bishoy, and all of the Church Fathers, previous Popes as well as fellow bishops, priests, deacons, and laymen.