Punishing Siblings

13»

Comments

• Lol. Good luck Lostegprincess. Youst, i totally agree with you, but sometimes parents don't really do anything to younger siblings because you're the oldest and supposedly, you're supposed to "know better", now how many times have you heard that before??? lol

sleepy
  • yes yes ive heard it plenty of times... but most of the time my dad does do something n he learns his lesson
  • [quote author=youst718 link=board=1;threadid=470;start=45#msg7839 date=1090861077]
    id liek to say that the only way to get ANYTHING into my brothers head or to get any bad behaviours out of him is to tell my parents.. he has absolutley no repsect for me watsoever unless hes after something. If i lecture he mimicks and makes noisse to block my voice out, if i hit him he laughs... and he hits me back.. hes 5 years younger and i tihnk he needs to learn to repsect me.. the onyl way to ever make him learn anything is to tell my parents, teyre the only people he listens to, not even my grandma who lives wiht us.. its really bad and my mom spoils him a lot so really my dad is the onyl one who can get to him, mayb its cuz im daddy's girl but still, he needs to learn respect..

can i ask how old u r?
    cos i have same prob with my sisters, but am 21!
  • Wow....21, and facing that same problem??? Good luck...lol

sleepy
  • [quote author=youst718 link=board=1;threadid=470;start=60#msg7853 date=1090874365]
    yes yes ive heard it plenty of times... but most of the time my dad does do something n he learns his lesson

With my parents, it depends how serious my siblings' "offense" was...lol. If it's bad, they take action, if to them, it's something minor, they simply give them the "don't do that again" lecture...

sleepy
  • im 14 and hes 9 .... and umm yea... like if its major ..hes in deep trouble if its minor and he continues doing it hes also in trouble if a first minor offense then the dont do it again lecture
  • Yea, I know what you're talking about. I have two of them (God help me)...lol
    One is 9 years old, and the other will turn 4 in November. When they do something minor (in the eyes of my parents), they get the lecture, but that steams me sometimes, so I get even with them by hiding one of their toys, and such, and not only would I end up getting in trouble, but I get that "you're older, and you should know better.." speech, which I disagree with all the way...

sleepy
  • [quote author=LostEgPrincess link=board=1;threadid=470;start=60#msg7844 date=1090865655]
    see, now he found out, i cant say anyting now! >:(

ill just observe
    (btw, im not obusive, i cant hurt him anymore)

Hahahaha, not abusive? lol...what about that bruise that I have on my leg from you??? lol jk jk

sleepy
  • Yea, I know what you're talking about. I have two of them (God help me)...lol
    One is 9 years old, and the other will turn 4 in November. When they do something minor (in the eyes of my parents), they get the lecture, but that steams me sometimes, so I get even with them by hiding one of their toys, and such, and not only would I end up getting in trouble, but I get that "you're older, and you should know better.." speech, which I disagree with all the way...

sleepy

wow, its like our parents could be clones or something, i totaly hear you! lol
  • lol. High five, new twin sister!!! :D

sleepy
  • lol! and ive always wanted one too!... lol.. looks like we could get along pretty welll.. we should talk more often.. lol... :) ;)
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=470;start=60#msg7925 date=1090947987]
    [quote author=LostEgPrincess link=board=1;threadid=470;start=60#msg7844 date=1090865655]
    see, now he found out, i cant say anyting now! >:(

ill just observe
    (btw, im not obusive, i cant hurt him anymore)

Hahahaha, not abusive? lol...what about that bruise that I have on my leg from you??? lol jk jk

sleepy

ahemmmm! ;)
  • lolololol. Lostegprincess, you know what I'm talking about....lol

Youst, that's a promise!

sleepy
  • okey doke... even though we've never met.. we cna be tasbeha twins! lol..
  • Philly, and everyone else, we need to have something that'll distinguish us as "tasbeha people"...lol

What do you guys think?

sleepy
  • What should it be?

sleepy
  • something like a name tag or sticker
    tasbeha.org should have a sign or a slogo or something
    maybe we could include the adims. in this one
  • well i already met you lostegyprincess and sleepy, but yea, i guess we should do something so we can find out who everyone else is
  • That's a good idea, we want to stick with name tags, or should we make a hat as a symbol??

sleepy
  • no hats please
  • i think we oughta just wear a specific color or something, just so we dont get all the wierd " wats the name tag or the hat for" looks and questions
  • lol. ok
    I'll post this in the philly topic so that people do answer to it...

sleepy
  • How about the cold shoulder treatment? Stay out of their way, act disinterested, not give into what they say or do... shut off completely?

Worked with my younger sibling. Now, things have changed. :)

Mina.
  • I agree...lol
    If I try that with my younger siblings, they assume that what they are doing isn't wrong and they continue doing it. It's either that or they continue to bother me with random questions, and when I tell them to shut-up, my parents tell me that they wanna learn from me (my siblings), yea right.....they live to see me get in trouble...they may love me, but they're annoying....lol

sleepy