THE PARTS OF THE OFFERING

whywhy
edited May 2007 in Coptic Orthodox Church
i need information, links EVERYTHING about the parts of the offering in the Coptic Orthodox Church

10 Donning the Vestements

2) Praying the Agbia

3) Chosing the Lamb

4) washing the Lamb

5)Blessing the Gifts

6) prayer of the thanksgiving

7) covering the alter

8 ) servants absolution

i need what its symbolism, a description of the relevance of the prayers and rites of the liturgy, identification of the role ofdfferent ppl in the liturgy, a relation of the eucharistic ritual components to the life of christ and the story of salvation

thanks so much.
Links, inromation will do.
if anyone has photos, or any music that is appropriate to such a part of the mass pls send to me

Thanks in advance
marina

Comments

• [quote author=why link=topic=5331.msg71009#msg71009 date=1179390278]
    i need information, links EVERYTHING about the parts of the offering in the Coptic Orthodox Church

10 Donning the Vestements

2) Praying the Agbia

3) Chosing the Lamb

4) washing the Lamb

5)Blessing the Gifts

6) prayer of the thanksgiving

7) covering the alter

8 ) servants absolution

i need what its symbolism, a description of the relevance of the prayers and rites of the liturgy, identification of the role ofdfferent ppl in the liturgy, a relation of the eucharistic ritual components to the life of christ and the story of salvation

thanks so much.
    Links, inromation will do.
    if anyone has photos, or any music that is appropriate to such a part of the mass pls send to me

here is a book that should tell you everything:
    Spirituality of Rites of the Liturgy - Bishop Mettaous

audio, you can find  in the Liturgy section.....there is english arabic and coptic liturgies
  • 1) Donning the Vestements:  basically that symbolize that the deacon left the earth outside and put on a new cloth as a symbol of them not from the world anywhere also the white because of the angels

2) Praying the Agbia :the liturgy is broken down into 3 parts the assembly and the liturgy of the word and the liturgy of the faithful, The Agebya is the beginning of the assembly in which God revel Himself to the priest through the people and thats why usually the priest looking towards the congregation also just as the 2 disciples were walking and Jesus appeared to them , in order God to be reveled to us we have to gather and start talking about him.

3) Chosing the Lamb :I dont know what to say about that but i can talk about the lamb it self, the offering has to be 7 or 5 or 3.. also the orban is circle because the circle has no beginning and no end .." I am the Alpha and the Omega" .. the orban has a stamp this stamp has on it a lot of things first there is a big cross which represents Jesus and there are 12 small crosses surrounding it which are the 12 disciples also there are 5 pierces which are the spear the crown  and the 3 nails.. and it said on the orban " holy God holy Mighty hol Immortal

4) washing the Lamb:it present the baptiazm of Jesus Christ

5)Blessing the Gifts: not sure what you mean here

6) prayer of the thanksgiving: it thanking God for allowing us to partake of him and that he allowed us to be cleanse and took away our sins

7) covering the alter : it basically the burial of Jesus and the big Veil(Prospherin)  represent the big rock that covered the tomb and the little lafafa is the seal on the tomb.

tell me if that helped
  • The book that minagir posted has the best resources for the liturgy. i personally have that book it is a great source for anything you need to understand about the liturgy
  • Try going to this website:

http://www.saintmina-holmdel.org/servants/index.php

Lessons 18, 19, and 20 of the Servants Prep. page all talk about The Divine Liturgy (mechanics, readings, etc.). You can either listen to the audio, look at the powerpoint, or view them both at the same time (click the option "view" or "download").

I hope this helps.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • thanks guys..anything else?? HARDYAKKA?? HELP ME OUT??