Church problems

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey guys,
I am sorry if i am going to sound rude.
I am wondering if my church is the only church who is acting in a way that shows it is not a church.
2 different chorus
group of people hating eachother
Familes teaching their kids how to hate

I missed churchs in egypt, once you step in........ you feel blessings and you smell the insence! wow...........!!!

Is my church the only church who has these problems??? or is it others too??? and why?? is it because of the invronment??? or is it just me???

pray for me~
bentBABAyasooa`

Comments

• No it is not just your church, a lot of church's in the US have these problems. the thing about the two different chorus is not necessarily a bad thing. but if they are pitted against each other then it is and that would deffinetly be bad and i would have never seen that before.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness,
  • we have kind of a problem like that...the pronlem is i think that the people in the us or here in austria are origenally from egypt....egypt is big and so the culture in each part of egypt....the are coming together from different parts of egypt and now living (praying) together....kol wahed met3awed haga...and everyone nts to say how a thing should be done...and u know that egyptians love to querral all the time and loves it to fight....
    i think its the job of the priest that he has to systemise the church and to advice the people to love eachother and so ...

i hope u understand what i am writing...
    however...
    with friendly rtegards
    aripsalin
  • Ummmmmmmm.............. What do u mean by the chorus is that the deacons that stand up and sing or somthing else, and i am just wondering what do they fight about?
  • sorry before hand........but i dont like the word association of "church problems".........there is nothing wrong with the church.........God's prescence will always be there.........we just need to be there for the right reasons and yearn for christ.........the issues you guys are discussing are to do with the congregation and the egyptian culture.........their will always be bickering n gossiping unfortunately. i wish we would love one another TRULY as the Lord asked.... i wish the deacons would sing as one..........i wish egytians werent so concerned about the next persons life problems and attempting to find solutions........these are prevalent issues as many others as you have discussed.........but lets not sit here and complain lets go to church n change our perspective in the hope of changing others and hopefully come out with at least one positive thing and attempt to implement that into our lives

God bless and take care

ps..i mean not to insult anyone but im certain everyone here could sit and discuss these essentially domestic issues and where would it get you.............it happens but lets work on improving the environment
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=5090.msg68418#msg68418 date=1173588183]
    Hey guys,
    I am sorry if i am going to sound rude.
    I am wondering if my church is the only church who is acting in a way that shows it is not a church.
    2 different chorus
    group of people hating eachother
    Familes teaching their kids how to hate

I missed churchs in egypt, once you step in........ you feel blessings and you smell the insence! wow...........!!!

Is my church the only church who has these problems??? or is it others too??? and why?? is it because of the invronment??? or is it just me???

pray for me~
    bentBABAyasooa`

Most of the people who come from egypt come and see that there is a lot of freedom here (in the US or mostly outside egy). What happends is that they just take advantage of that in everyway possible. that includes church matters. In egypt there was always leaders who just lead and do whats right. and there no one would reject there decsions because they are right most of the time. and it's always batter to have 1 sole leader for everything in everything (that's my opinion). becasue if there would be more than one, or may be say the whole congeregation as it is here, no one will agree. and i am saying no one becasue everyone have dfiffrent views and opinions that are always menstioned by them which than creates some hate.
  • I think every church has had these kind of problams. All we can do is pray and ask God to help us the weak and un worthy. Also I have a question why do you care so much all you need to care about is praying in church taking communion then going home and finishing up your homework right wrong. You should do something and it is to pray for Christ himself said "ask and it will be given to you" have hope and faith and trust me If there is one person in your church that really prays with there whole heart they will raise up the church try to make that you. For the Lord said if 2 or more gather in my name I will be in their midest
  • I care because it is the house of the lord, as a sundayschool teacher, not just I that feel this but others as well............ we feel what we build with these kids in sundayschool, we feel that is being destroyed because they see how adults are treating eachother with hatred, how everyone is doing what he feels like, how they see that people are kicking abonas about of the church and mistreating them.
    I care because of the coming generation, they haven't had a good role modle in their lives, and whoever they are looking up too... it is a bad influence, because they won't do what they are doing out of good influence.
    Basicaly everytime we take a step forward we get behind 10 steps!  :'(
    I know every church has problems, even church in egypt have lots of problems "mosques, police, Government, neighbors, attacks..... etc........"
    I guess there is no life without problems!
    pray for me, and my church
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=5090.msg68711#msg68711 date=1174063590]
    I care because it is the house of the lord, as a sundayschool teacher, not just I that feel this but others as well............ we feel what we build with these kids in sundayschool, we feel that is being destroyed because they see how adults are treating eachother with hatred, how everyone is doing what he feels like, how they see that people are kicking abonas about of the church and mistreating them.
    I care because of the coming generation, they haven't had a good role modle in their lives, and whoever they are looking up too... it is a bad influence, because they won't do what they are doing out of good influence.
    Basicaly everytime we take a step forward we get behind 10 steps!  :'(
    I know every church has problems, even church in egypt have lots of problems "mosques, police, Government, neighbors, attacks..... etc........"
    I guess there is no life without problems!
    pray for me, and my church

well you can't do much about the adults. they're adults, their time has passed to learn and that's wont change. what you could do is teach the new generation ur talking about. teaches them to do what's right and not what they see. and with that you have to be carfull to  not hurt anyone around who may doing anything wrong or not right.
  • believe me, ur church is not the only church with these problems----some kids just dont along with eachother some families dont like other families----i dont think the parents should tell their children to get the other kids but....some do, go to church and pray and dont worry about anyone else, hope i helped  :)
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5090.msg68713#msg68713 date=1174065261]
    well you can't do much about the adults. they're adults, their time has passed to learn and that's wont change. what you could do is teach the new generation ur talking about. teaches them to do what's right and not what they see. and with that you have to be carfull to  not hurt anyone around who may doing anything wrong or not right.

its never to late to learn, life itself is full of so many learning expereinces that we are continually learning......adults can change.............they just need to see the negative influence they have on their surroundings
  • To be honest,

Relationship problems (if I may call it that) within the congregation is nothing new, whether it is in the Egypt, US, Canada, Australia or any where else. Believe me, because I lived in Egypt and abroad for years, and I've seen it with my eyes.

Unfortunately, the Church is the 'people', and people, are not perfect, and this is earth, not Heaven!

All we can do is pray to God to keep His Church from disperse the church’s enemies (the devils) , fortify her and strengthen her.

You are right though, hate is disastrous. Disagreement is not a bad thing, but hate is evil. Even Paul and Barnabas disagreed, and as a result went their separate ways, but they never hated each other, or thought less of each other.

Pray for peace in the World.
  • [quote author=His son link=topic=5090.msg68791#msg68791 date=1174229363]
    To be honest,
    Unfortunately, the Church is the 'people', and people, are not perfect, and this is earth, not Heaven!

the church is not only people. many times we've seen the people go against the church but it was still up and going by the grace of God who kees His church open and will until the end of times.

the church is the building you see and the ppl.