Clothes

13»

Comments

• I AM CANADIAN!!

Mike
  • i feel sorry 4 u man...

u know we have adds on tv in australia that dis canadians...
  • wait a second i know i haven't been here since the begining but i read SMS post about boys and girls and who stronger (which ya i don't want to get into) then we moved to canada ??? ??? ??? ???
    acutally on a second thought meet me outside SMS :P jp
  • Guys are more determined than girls, girls are more patient than guys. At least that's what I think...

Mike
  • i think u got it the opposite
    guys are patient
    girls are determined
  • i don't think guys are patient at least i am not sometimes
    i don't know if the rest of the guys are patient or not??
  • are girls? lol.....
  • it depends on what I'm being patient for.

if it's someone who's trying to offend me, or start something with me....i'm not in the least bit patient.

but I think I can handle waiting around for someone or things like that for a long time.

I think SMS is right here - I think girls are very determined.

You know what I just realized...this topic has no obvious spiritual value. lol - and I have just contributed. lol.

He brought forth water: out from a rock: and gave it to His people: in the wilderness.

- Chris
  • personally, I don't think it makes any sense. You can't stereotype guys or girls like that. Some people are determined, some are not.
  • guys n gals
    this debate can go on foreva, but in the end were all equal under Gods eyes, i love guys and i love gals, in different ways offcause, so lets stop tryin to analyse the oppiste sex cause o one can be rite or wrong...except the guy thta called girls hywanat, i know thats wrong.
    other than that
    we all kool?
  • hywanat

what does that mean? :)
  • animals

• I read all about this topic. Every person has to write what
    he thinks and believe. But im have a question what is the
    feeling of aman or a woman when he likes the other to see
    him showing his body or a part of his body? Is that right?
    Does he know that his body got the MYrone in baptisn. How
    shameful, and discusting.
  • im just in awe at the number of guys that have put so much blame on girls... i dont even know what to say, the light your shining on girls is to me disrespectful. We arent dogs, yes there are girls who dont dress respectfully and yes the line between tasteful clothing and suductive clothing is thin. But i object to the idea that women are totally to blame, if for example i wore a tank top in hot weather and a guy wore no top at all, now dont tell me uve never done it, its hot out the shirt is sticking to ur body its not a fun feeling. but ur lucky enough u can take off ur shirt cool off life is good. i walk around with my tank top and all of a sudden im a dog? maybe some girls do it for attention, but then maybe guys should stop yelling things out and giving them the attention. the road goes both ways, we could argue this till the cows come home.

no ones a winner, pple will dress the way they dress. But judging them because of what they have on, just doesnt work. theres no way to keep both sides of this arguement happy, this is in my opioion an endless debate. :-\

ASM
  • [quote author=markbotros link=board=1;threadid=414;start=75#msg6850 date=1089773435]

I read all about this topic. Every person has to write what
    he thinks and believe. But im have a question what is the
    feeling of aman or a woman when he likes the other to see
    him showing his body or a part of his body? Is that right?
    Does he know that his body got the MYrone in baptisn. How
    shameful, and discusting.

Applause! God bless you. :)
  • Im not saying YOU its a common misconception, i didnt mean for it to be directed towards u. it just bothers me.

ok im done with this. i rest my case :)

ASM
  • i think a lot of it has to do how u were raised....
    a lot of ppl who are FOB (fresh off the boat.....no disrespect) and were raised in egypt or wherever are not used to seeing ppl dress the way they do here whereas those of us who are first and second generation american/aussie are a bit more liberal cuz its something that we're used to seeing and it really doesn't have an effect on us...
    i mean, i could be wrong but this may have something to do with it :-\
  • I really dont think that clothes say too much about people for a few reasons...the way u dress depends on where u grew up, how u grew up, and society around u. I dont think that clothes make a person bcuz if sum1 walked into church tom with shorts and a tank-top, well then lets not even go there, ppl would be saying omg shes a this and a that and a thinga magig. however this person could be one of the kindest ppl the church has ever seen yet we wouldnt kno that cuz the person wore shorts and a tank-top. on the other hand a girl could walk in with a long sleeve shirt and a skirt down to her toes, but she could be one of the ppl on americas most wanted....i understand that the church has respect and we as christians should protect our bodies bcuz they r the temple of God, but to be honest the whole idea that clothes make u who u r, i dont agree w/it very much....and u kno if ur wearing lyk an underware and lyk a shirt where ur hanging out from, i'm not xactly saying ur a wonderful person, i just think that if ur a tru christian ur going to dress in ways where ppl cant judge u bcuz theres nuthing 2 judge.... da da da da thas all folks!

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • In my opanion, people should be able to wear whatever they want without worrying about how other people are going to judge them. Of course though, that'll never happen. I'm not one of those peoplez that goes around wear mad tight short shorts, but I don't think I should judge these people either. I hate how some guys blame the girls for not dressing properly and causing them to sin. Well maybe you should control yourself and not look. I mean I'm not saying that it's right for the girls to show their bodies like that, I'm just saying the guys should control themselves too. I completely agree with magnoona4lyf, because she's right. You guys are allowd to take of your shirts and no one can judge you, but a girl can't wear a tang top. Come on guys, just like we tempt you when we're wearing tang tops and shorts, don't you think you can tempt us with your muscles (lol for the guys who have any jp). I mean I think it all depends on you, but people should never judge you for what you wear, because that's just ignorant. And by the way, I'd deffintly rather wear shorts on the beach than a bathing suit. It depends on what your comfortable with and what your intentions are. If your just hot and you don't mean to tempt one of your brothers than wear them, but still there are limits. I'm not sayion go wear short shorts and halter tops. I'm just saying be comfortable and still remember that your body is a temple. It's all good if you want it to be!

P.e.a.c.e ;D
  • Marmoorabarboora,

Just wondering.. are you on coptichymns.net boards? If not, nm.

Girls,

*Sigh*... yes, Egytony's post was extreme. But he has a sense of humour that is required to acquired. He most probably speaks out of some experience with women, but from what I have seen of his other posts on other boards, he just has a blunt way of saying things.

Right.

Here's the situation.

A guy walks into church. He's wearing a cutoff shirt, showing off sculpted arms and pecks. He also happens to be the guy that used to be the "fat kid", slouching in the third row of the choir. So if anything, his presence is noticed. He has this air of confidence about him. He's smiling, he's comfortable, yet he minds his own business and takes his place in the liturgy at the back. He looks around and sees who's there. He smiles, unfortunately not being able to hold back a smirk.

Now, regardless of you're a "spiritual" girl or not, you will look or at least you'll glance. You may just notice him and look away or you may stop and look. And think, "Is that him?". Some others might take it further depending on who they are.

What will happen?

Some may stop and really look at him. Some may try to figure out a way to go speak to him, whether through a concocted plan or using people. Some may just walk up and say "Hi!". He may turn into the source of gossip for at least a week in girls' bathrooms. Even more on phone conversations, IM chats, and e-mails. Or maybe nothing at all.

But hey, he got noticed. Girls looked at him. The sight of attractive, visible flesh catches anybody's eye. To the girl who said that it doesn't matter what a girl is wearing, guys with lust problems will look or think. That is bang on right. Not at all guys struggle with lust. Some do and don't accept it. Some do and don't think it's wrong. And some do and they're haunted by it.

It's completely unfair to say that anyone who shows off a bit of flesh, whether male or female, is an attention seeker. Who are we to comment or judge? I'm sure y'all have heard of "If you got it, flaunt it!". My sincere belief is most people who have no problem wearing revealing clothing operate, whether consciously or unconsciously, under that line of thought. And you know why they do it? Because they're comfortable with themselves. They're secure in themselves. They feel good about their bodies and know their worth as a human being. And I totally respect that, and encourage that to everyone. Even to those who may not be perfectly sculpted. Christ wants us to be secure, grounded people in Him. He wants us healthy in our hearts, spirits, and souls. Everything. Total health.

However, to others, they wear in this manner for completely different reasons. As I said in another thread, what we do, say, and feel is a direct response to what we inwardly know, seek, or need. So some will definitely show a bit of meat to get attention, approval, or just to feel "I'm worth something". It's sad but that's humanity for you. We're broken and fallen. Thank God we have a total Saviour.

The sight of attractive, visible flesh catches anybody's eye

You see how I bolded that line? What does bold do? It enhances the visibility of something. It says to the reader,"This is important. This is worth my eyes focusing on."

Yes, an attractive girl showing some flesh is like putting that girl under a bold tag. Same with a good-looking, muscular guy. Now, if girls now, especially those who will wear this kind of clothing, know that some guys may have problems, that it may start scratchy cat fights with other girls, and it may arouse the social & cultural wrath of the Little Egypt in your church... why do it?

Just for the sake of you doing yo' thang? Is that it? Not a strong enough reason. This may sound like a sermon, but it isn't. It's Christian life. That brother of yours who is bound to look, he's in the same Body you're in. If he's the weak knee of the Lord, are you going to be Don Corleone and walk up, smashing his knee cap? That's what happens when you cause someone to sin. Whether by clothes, word, or behaviour.. that's what happens.

"... everyone doing what is right in their own eyes". Deuturonomy 12:8. This may or may not apply to all. Perhaps one person's need or desire for dressing *cough* down may be because they're calling out for something you won't get by someone's look or word. For someone else, they just want to wear they want and be free. Nevertheless, that verse stands out like a red hernia.

I don't mean to be singling anyone out or going on a hate march through this thread. Lol I actually find it ironic that this topic didn't stop after 2 pages. In my own stupidity, I thought this is like a clear issue. Anyway, I offer my humble words and opinions.

Peace,

sotirmou.
  • AMEN...! lolx....that sounded lyk a great ending, i mean if it was....u seem to kno how 2 sum everything 2gether a lot....great advice! ;)

GOD BLESS ALL!
  • I wear clothes! Put me in the yes catagory! :D

God bless,

CS
  • lol ;D
    drooooooooooooooo

u crack me up!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • booty shorts, now that's wrong, short shorts to, but considering the type of world that we live in today, i just preffer to wear a pair of jeans or capris. ;D
  • I have to say, I agree with ASM, Magnoona4lyf, and sotirmou. I also want to add on to what ASM said. It's true that all this disrespect about clothing is being thrown at the women, and I beg to differ. Are you saying that if a guy wore a tight muscle shirt, a girl isn't supposed to be attracted? This clothing thing should go for both. Just like back in the day, in the bible, women AND men both wore long gowns and such. and there were even those men who covered their hair, so we ARE equal in terms of clothing. Don't try to bring us down.

sleepy