Ranks of Deaconship

2»

Comments

• hey well i only started wearin it this year k...
  • lol. i didn't mean to offend you by that G.J.I. I was just kidding around. Like I said, everyone has problems putting it on, even the 50 and 60 year olds who have been oghonostous-es all their lives.

When You come again: in Your second fearful advent: may we not fearfully hear You say: I do not know you.

- Chris
  • U know, when i was ordained as an oghnostos half a year ago, i heard from our priest that a psaltos shouldn't wear a batrashel at all, i didn't know that...anybody knew this, and why this is??? :)
  • [quote author=mmatt95 link=board=1;threadid=439;start=30#msg6730 date=1089676182]
    U know, when i was ordained as an oghnostos half a year ago, i heard from our priest that a psaltos shouldn't wear a batrashel at all, i didn't know that...anybody knew this, and why this is??? :)

what's a batrashel? I think we should have a coptic/arabic word dictionary... ???

ASM
  • my friend its a show of rank bassically
    epsastos wears nothein agunoustos wears it around the chest, epideacon wears it over his shoulder, deacon should a black tonya i think
    oi did u know we have like 5 deacons in our church and their allowed to give the blood!!!
    i feel that shood only be a priest thing...

and chris bro i didnt mean to make u think i was offended, the bad thing bout typing is that u dont know wat tone of voice is bein used ;D
  • oi did u know we have like 5 deacons in our church and their allowed to give the blood!!!

officially only a archdeacons are allowed to do that...perhaps deacons too, but i'm not sure
  • i thought ONLY abouna can touch the cup and give the blood
  • i'm 100% certain of the archdeacon being allowed to give the blood; it's cause his whole life is dedicated to service and he has no other job besides serving...
  • well this dude have other jobs and the only deacon but they still give the blood...
  • really???? :o what ranks are they, caus if they r just epi deacons then i don't think that's rite ???
  • that is a new piece of info for me because i thought not even monks can handle the Body and Blood until they become a specific rank !!!!
  • their no epi ther full deacon level 4
  • if they r full deacons then i guess it's ok, wasn't sure about it...but if they give communion then it must be permitted :)
  • sorry guys but I'm a little slow in this area. What's the difference between each of these ranks and stuff because i really don't understand. God Bless.

Iriny

• Iriny,
    I doubt anyone could explain it as well as it was explained on CopticChurch.Net. If you scroll down, all the ranks of deacon-hood are there to be explored.

O Our Lord, Jesus Christ: Who carries away the sin of the world: count us with Your sheep: those who are to Your right.

- Chris
  • Thanks. I was just confused :)
  • We're all confused in some way.

lol. sorry, didnt mean to sound philosophical there.

- Chris
  • :oGUYS :o,

I can't believe you guys are deacons yet don't know what ur TAKS.

my friend its a show of rank bassically
    epsastos wears nothein agunoustos wears it around the chest, epideacon wears it over his shoulder, deacon should a black tonya i think
    oi did u know we have like 5 deacons in our church and their allowed to give the blood!!!

and chris bro i didnt mean to make u think i was offended, the bad thing bout typing is that u dont know wat tone of voice is bein used

No, it is not only a show of ranks, every costumes symbolizes something, for example, the Epsaltos does not wear a Batrashel because a Batrashel symbolizes seniority and purity, Epsaltos is kind of for teens and kids therefore an Epsaltos does NOT wear a Batrashel.

As for Anaghnoustos, he wears it like the (Estefanos) way because it symbolizes the Cross carried by Christ and they're hair is cut in 5 areas at a shape of a Cross a symbol of the 5 suufrenigs on the Cross: Nettled Crown, 3 Nails and stab.

Epideakon, Deakon wear it on their shoulders like angels.

As for an ArshDeakon he either wears it like the Deakon and Epideakon (however an epi-deakon wears it on the right and the Deakon and Arsh are on the left) or he wears it like Archangel Michael way, the Cross in the front which is SO cool.

As for the Blood giving, a Deakon or an Arshdeakon CAN give out the Blood, however the Priest must approve.

sorry guys but I'm a little slow in this area. What's the difference between each of these ranks and stuff because i really don't understand. God Bless.

Iriny

In the first page I have that posted already maybe you should take a look.

God Bless.

Mike