What was the forbidden fruit??

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Does anyone know what the forbidden fruit is??

My imagination runs wild on me sumtyms but i have a weird and strange theory for what it could be. i wanted to share it with you to see if its completly outrages or not.

I think that the forbidden fruit was marajuana for a number of reasons.

1) God made marajuana, and everything that is in the world today was in the garden of eden so it had to be there.

2) God was very specific and in the old testiment he said "do not smoke trees" he was also specific when he said "do no eat of that tree"

3) im also guessing if adam and eve were not allowed to eat it, neither would we so its got to be a fruit that we are still not allowed to eat.

3) adam and eve would of knew straight away that what they did was wrong because they would of been "high" and they were paranoid thats why they run from God and didnt confess. Being paranoid is a effect from marajuana

4) God knew they ate from the tree cause there eyes were red.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate question or if im taking it to lightly.
My apoligizes but if u have any comments plzzz share!!!!

Comments

• Hi Drumaboy

this is quite interesting actually cause just last week i was discussing this during my endeavours to study the book of Genesis. having said this have u read the appropriate chapters?

ok in chapter three and in verse six it states that the fruit was good for food, and that it was pleasent to the eye. althought the text states fruit it by no means mentions that the fruit was an apple. but i have been informed that it is church tradition that we consider the fruit to be an apple.

anyways assuming the source was unreliable, not a far fetched idea (just kidding if u read this ;)), how can u say that marijuana is a fruit ? and good for food. if u assume this then u r contradicting the Bible right? by the way have u ever seen that drug, i have seen many pics and i dont beleive it grows on trees either. so i would really like an explanation of how u arrived at this silly interpretation of a portion of the Bible which is as clear as day!

it was a fruit growing on trees which was good for food----- hmmmm u still think its marijuana??? if so please explain!!!

im not sure if u were making a joke in bad taste or u have really pondered this, either way thats a worry!

get back to me if u have any plausible or feasible explanations otherwise i recommend you discontnue this topic as it is, for want of a better word, 'ridiculous'.

Kristina123

• come stai signiorina Kristina,

to answer ur question NO i didnt know about that verse, but i read it once you pointed it out

By the way i did say that my imagination runs wild on me i have other strange theories that i wont go into.

and yes i have seen the tree and i was referring to the bud which is the "fruit" of the tree, the bud of a rose is still referred to as a fruit. but ur rite it is not pleasing to the eye or good for food.

so it was my imagination, wat i great site this is i actually learned something.

But im still curious to what the fruit was and do we still eat it because i cant think of a fruit which is good that we dont eat
  • I think the whole concept is not what the physical fruit was but the sin that fell humanity, and that was the lust of the eyes I think
  • God knew that Adam and Eve ate from the tree because Adam and Eve went to hide themselves and cover themselves up.. not because their eyes were red.. there is no mention of that in the Bible....

"And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, 'Where are you?' So he said, 'I heard your voice in the garden and i was afraid because i was naked; and I hid myself.' And He said, 'Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I comanded you that you should not eat?' Then the man said, 'The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree and I ate..." Genesis 3:8-12

With all respect.. before u pose a theory u should look for actual written evidence in the Bible...you should read Genesis 3 and get the facts straight.. (i think ur imagination went a little too far)

GBU
  • [quote author=drumaboy link=board=11;threadid=4499;start=0#msg61978 date=1160562528]
    3) adam and eve would of knew straight away that what they did was wrong because they would of been "high" and they were paranoid thats why they run from God and didnt confess. Being paranoid is a effect from marajuana

Adam and eve knew straight away not cuz they were high but because they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Eating of its fruit gave them knowledge.
  • LOL! ;D That is so funny
  • [quote author=drumaboy link=board=11;threadid=4499;start=0#msg61978 date=1160562528]

My imagination runs wild on me sumtyms but i have a weird and strange theory for what it could be. i wanted to share it with you to see if its completly outrages or not.

1) God made marajuana, and everything that is in the world today was in the garden of eden so it had to be there.

2) God was very specific and in the old testiment he said "do not smoke trees" he was also specific when he said "do no eat of that tree"

3) im also guessing if adam and eve were not allowed to eat it, neither would we so its got to be a fruit that we are still not allowed to eat.

WOW WOW WOW!! i cant believe i am reading this from a coptic orthodox christian. what is wrong your brain! how is forbidden fruit marijuana??? that doesn't even make sense. no offense by any of this, but i just cant believe it. why marijuana in particular, why not any other drug??? no offense bro or anything. its just something so shocking
  • drumaboy,

I can see how you arrived to that conclusion. it is an interesting twist on things, but unfortunetly in the wrong direction. In any event. The nature of the fruit is irrelevant. The church DOES NOT believe it was an apple. This is a HUMAN tradition passed down, like folklore, than it is church tradition. The idea behind it is Apples are very pleasing to the eye, but so is every other fruit, so that theory makes no sense.

The sin that Adam and Eve committed was not lust of the eye, but something far more serious. The "original sin" is that of pride. The Bible teaches us:

"Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Gen 3:4)

Being like God was the issue. That is the reason why the devil fell. He was an angel, as a matter of fact, he was an arch angel equal to Michael, Gabriel, etc... But he, instead of submitting to God, wanted to be like him. That is why the desert fathers considered pride to be the unforgivable sin. Mainly because if we are proud, then we will NEVER confess.

Thought I would share my thoughts on the topic.
    no, no one knows.

first, marajuana is not a fruit.

i don't know about that reference but if it is true it only refer to not smoking . also it said in genesis:

Genesis 2:16-17
    And the Lord God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

so it proves that it's a fruit that it is eaten not smoked.

well we are not there and on the last day, the worthy will eat from the tree of life becasue there is no point of eating of the tree of knowledge becasue we have the knowledge but not the eternal life.

one fast quetion, what kind of stuff do you smoke to actually think that way of the story?!!!!
  • hahahaha Mina your the man
  • Nice evidence Minagir