Acts2:38-47

edited January 2007 in Faith Issues
I need help with Acts 2:38-47
can u help me to find a verse that i can take, apply it to my life. how can i apply it in practical way

Comments

• do u do st mark dc Quiet time ?
  • In Acts 2:38-47, first repentance: Acts 2:38,

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

and Acts 2:40 (..."Be saved from..."). After that in Acts 2:46, the Holy Sacraments and Thanksgiving.

The Lord gives us strength but in our weakness we usually can't see it clearly. Pray the Lord with true faith, honestly asking His intervention to “Be saved from this perverse generation” while not forgetting to pray for the others (and do not judge them). Patience and heartly prayers are very important. Never rush to sin. If you fall, repent quickly and face it harder. Surround your life with reminders of God (reading the Bible, photos, sermons, hymns, videos etc). In due time you will see the Lord's glory.

This is more of a general formula, I hope it helps.
    If you have a FOC, ideally consult him or chose another closer FOC, you decide (wisely).

Pray for me the sinner.
  • How Do We Live the Bible?
    His Grace Bishop Angaelos | 05.10.2006
    Can we really live the Bible? Is it practical in this day and age? God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The Bible is the book of life and we must find life in its words. H.G. Bishop Angaelos gives an excellent sermon on how to practically live the Bible and how we can apply the holy words of scripture into our daily lives.
    http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=22