abilities of villiage bshops( ubrashya)

I was recently and till now been arguing a statement that was said. They said that a bishop ubrashya has the rite to tell the pope not to come to his ubrashya and also the pope has to ask permission to come to his ubrashya. I don't think that that is right. What is you opinions.
An example that was stated was a wrong example and in my opinion a very bad act on the bishops part. They said the Bishop Michael of Assiut invited the pope one time to there and there was problems where the muslims killed the christians because of the pope and Bishop Michael told him not to come to Assiut and the pope never did go back. I think it was wrong on Bishop Michael's part to tell him not to come again. By the way the pope was Pope Shenouda 3.
GBU

Comments

• [quote author=markoc pi apostolo link=board=11;threadid=4760;start=0#msg64953 date=1166216234]
    I was recently and till now been arguing a statement that was said. They said that a bishop ubrashya has the rite to tell the pope not to come to his ubrashya and also the pope has to ask permission to come to his ubrashya. I don't think that that is right. What is you opinions.
    An example that was stated was a wrong example and in my opinion a very bad act on the bishops part. They said the Bishop Michael of ***iut invited the pope one time to there and there was problems where the muslims killed the christians because of the pope and Bishop Michael told him not to come to ***iut and the pope never did go back. I think it was wrong on Bishop Michael's part to tell him not to come again. By the way the pope was Pope Shenouda 3.
    GBU

well in a way but it's not that serios anymore becasue mostly the pope dosn't go to oprasheias becasue there is in fact a bishop. except if there is a concecration or somthing.

now in what you listed above, this is normal. why would you but HH in danger.
  • im unsure of the history, but if the pope's prescene is creating tension then the Bishop does have the right to say dont return during a certian time but not forever, if the pope or anyone else is in danger or the well being is at risk why put people in that situation. the situation sounds like it has rested and perhaps thats all that was needed or was the Bishops intention.
  • yea... abouna also told me once that if an abouna is visiting from egypt, he can't pray in any church without a written permission of the ubrashya bishop or something like that...

we had an abouna visit us from el fayoum and he couldn't serve until he got the written permission, then he was able to pray with us.

this by itself doesn't make any sense to me!! why make such a rule??
    maybe scared of fake abounas?? well, a fake abouna will have a fake written permission!
  • Hello again guys
    never heard of that fact b4 but tell you the truth it sounds fair that abouna can't pray in any church without a written permission .
    And that's what i like the most about our church that we have rules ,cause if we didn't we wouldn't be orthodox.

as you guys already know ,aruis was a priest a wrong one ofcourse and if he was giving an absolute power we could have some of his beleivers till now.