*AdOpTiOn*

edited November 2006 in Coptic Orthodox Church
what is the church's views in regards to adoption?

Comments

• Hey CMIUC

i doubt that the church is against adoption - there r so many orphanges supported by the church where people wishing to adopt usually go.

Kristina123

ps: who u running from? :P

• [quote author=catch me if u can link=board=4;threadid=4685;start=0#msg63883 date=1164607654]
    what is the church's views in regards to adoption?

our coptic is with adoption. we even pray for them in the litanies.
  • hey thankz pplz

when i posted this i was thinking of lil refugee children from war torn countries and teenagers from different religion for example

• That would be awesome if you actually have the will to take these children in and provide a loving nurturing home for them. Our church is definetly not against it..."The least you do to the least of my brothers, you do unto me.", remember?

• im pretty sure the church isnt against it but i was just interested in some views so thankx heaps pplz

you know maryann, i would luv to take in littles from disadvatged backgrounds but i will admit it takes alot of patience and work on both halves.
  • There's a lady at my church who adopted two little boys. They were athiest before they came into the church. Their dad killed their mum in front of them and is now in a loony hospital.. I woudn't want to think what would've happened to those kids if she didn't take them in and given them a loving home.
  • thats soo awesome...did she wanna adopt the whole time or was it because she couldnt have children of her own?

catch me if u can...u're right it definetly takes patience, and you have to treat them like they are your own children cuz u will be responsible for them infront of God. I think it would be such a blessing to take in orphans and under priviledged kids; i think i wanna adopt a few children insha'allah ..if my husband doesnt mind.
  • the only thing that annoys me is when people adopt for the wrong reasons, these are ppl'z lives we are talking about here, its a crucial decision, some children have been severly damaged by their adopted parents as in psychologically

i know a guy, who adopted four children and he had another two who were of his own, and i totally commend such people who are willing to take on such a committment and people such as hizz child example.
  • i think adoption is a good act

cuz makes an orphange child have parents

god is going to reward adoption parents
  • yeah your right To7a-fo7a

thankx :)
  • No, she's actually got a daughter who is older and married with her own little people :). She did it purely out of love.
    [quote author=Maryann07 link=board=4;threadid=4685;start=0#msg64018 date=1164759377]
    thats soo awesome...did she wanna adopt the whole time or was it because she couldnt have children of her own?

catch me if u can...u're right it definetly takes patience, and you have to treat them like they are your own children cuz u will be responsible for them infront of God. I think it would be such a blessing to take in orphans and under priviledged kids; i think i wanna adopt a few children insha'allah ..if my husband doesnt mind.
  • [quote author=To7a-fo7a link=board=4;threadid=4685;start=0#msg64046 date=1164819272]
    i think adoption is a good act

cuz makes an orphange child have parents

god is going to reward adoption parents

I agree with to7a-fo7a
  • i agree

What do you expect the church to not accept children without parents and force them to be homeless?

Lol

Pray for me
  • i think adoption is fine. as long as u take care of the children and teach them Gods words. lol