Life is NOT FAIR...!! What is your life like?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey,

We all must have heard the phrase "LIFE IS NOT FAIR"!
Whether your brother gets a new car and you get the old one, or whatever the reason is that makes us think life is not fair.

I am wondering if anyone in this world that has no PROBLEMS at all??? Because what I am seeing is something different at all.

Like for example, Couples who have kids are not happy and couples that do NOT have kids are not happy. SO where is the happiness???. People in college are not happy and people who droped out are not happy. People who are rich are not happy and people who are poor are not happy. People who have family surroundings are not happy and people who live away from their familes are not happy. Nonimmigrants are not happy immigrants are not happy!

Am I just the only one who thinks that??? Am I the only one who sees my promblems and say "man..... others have it worse"??
Is there someone on this world that has a happy life????????

What can I do to get a happy Life??? I am following God's commedments, I have lots of priest to go to when i am down, they are like my best friends!

ugh........... life sucks!

Comments

• life is not supposed to be fair or all hapiness. you have to have a cross or else you cannot go to heaven. if your life is all hapiness and joy then when do you count on God. haven't you heard of st. Job he had everything any one could want and God took it away from him. and what did he say "let the name of the Lord be Praised" people are always complaining (including me) because they want more than what they have and are never satisfied with anything.
    To get a happy life you have to be happy with what God gives you no matter what and just say thank God all the time. and since you have a lot of priests talk to them they can help you out.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • hahahahha, Lol you are so funny, shoofy ya bentbabayasooa, every single person on this earth has problems, no one has no problems, simply because it is impossible, you may wonder: Why does God allow such things to happen to us???? and I will answer you question: God allows temptations because if we don't have any temptations at all we will forget about God and we will think that we don't need him. St Jacob in his letter says (sorry i can't remember the text properly): Consider it every job to be inside different temptations, you may say: Huh???? but in reality it is true, because temptations allow you to get closer to God and seek help from Him and when he helps you, you get closer to Him, but again I'm telling that everyone on this earth has problems or something that annoys him/her but it varies. Think about how the great Saint, St Paul he had a disease and he asked God lots of many times to heal him, but what did our lord say to him??? he told him: Takfeek ne3maty, kowaty fel da3f takon, which means that he wants him to remember God all the time. Lol cheer up, we all have problems in life, but the ONLY way to be happy is through God, and I mean the only way. I know that you follow the commandments and everything, but what is happening to you is the devil that plays with your mind to tell that God doesn't care about you and doesn't have time for you, but really God loves you so much, so yea, try harder to have patience, and again I'm telling you: EVERYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS SOMETHING THAT ANNOYS HIM/HER, it is life and it is normalllllllllll to have problems

Later
  • i guess

but why does god allow a person to fall in a dark hole?? or is it just the devil getting to you?

aaaaaaaaaaaaa............ :'(

i guess rabana just wants us to say "ya rab"! and remember he is there
  • he wants you to always depend on him and these probelms bring you closer to him and yes that is just the devil getting to you don't ever let him bring you down.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • the weirdest thing happened to me just now.

My parents noticed there was something wrong with me, and then my dad talked to me and it was about the same thing as this topic!

Happiness in life is hard to find! Use wisdom and god's help to overcome obsticales! and if you work hard now, you will be happy tomorrow!

wow........ Parents are great!

but I agree, Because in the time where we lose our faith the devil takes advantage of that moment, and uses it against us!

Pray for me,

• Happiness. That's such a broad word.

Fruits of the Spirit:
    love
    joy
    peace
    long suffering
    kindness
    goodness
    faithfulness
    gentleness
    self-control

Notice that that list contains both joy & long suffering.

I think that happiness is not about not having problems.. Not having problems.. can you imagine that ? BORING. True happiness comes with true submission in Christ. Not worrying about those problems and just leaving it all up to God. It takes a LOT of faith to do this.. & i dont think its very easy.. We're so occupied by what's around us and we never step beck and see the bigger picture. Jesus loves us, and He will never give us something we cannot handle. It is only when understanding this, & only when it is fully accepted in your heart that you will be granted with true joy to last a lifetime.
    :D:D:D

• ugh........... life sucks!

heya,

a youngster once asked me if i thought life sucked? and i said no, i told them that there are times when we feel like it does because of all the hardships we face but to remember the magical and special moments when you smiled and laughed. we can endure anything with the Lord by our side
  • I was talking to my muslim colleague at work. Apparently, he just got a slovakian girlfriend. SHe's very orthodox. With all the millions of muslim women around, how is it he ended up with a slovakian?

Is that fair?

Think of all the muslim women from Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Tadjikstan, pakistan, and every other country ending in Stan; he had to pick an Orthodox Christian girl from Slovakia?!

• Happiness is what I call "a peace of mind"

I do NOT think having no problems is boring, because then you'd taste happiness.

But I think it is soo weird that people who have something special are not happy and others who do NOT have that special something are not happy. I mean it is either "we have it" or "we don't" it can NOT be another answer, so where is that something that makes us happy???

Wow......... Vas,
    that is NOT FAIR!
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=11;threadid=4687;start=0#msg63961 date=1164718195]
    Is that fair?

your interested in keeping our orthodox gals, yet ur dating mexicans and i believe previoulsy u stated how important it is to keep orthodoxy and dating within our church to prevent a decline in the coptic population

vas your full of contradictions

• Ya krestina,

With all due respect, People's Personal lives are not of our business.
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4687;start=0#msg63975 date=1164720618]
    Ya krestina,

With all due respect, People's Personal lives are not of our business.

Ya BentBABAyasooa',

with all due respect, but if it was his personal life i dont think he would have announced it in public ;) also wasnt the muslims lyf personal n none of his business? also if vas' lyf was none of our business.. how come wen he stated it u wrote a comment tht went sumfin lyk this 'o u gotta tell me bout this the next tym we meet' or am i wrong? ;D ;)

cheers!
  • Wow.........

I am NOT even going to bother realy! and this topic is not about personal lives and Starting arrguments.

So next time when I Post or see a topic about arrguments I will give you a call. ;)

~With all due respect~

I am wondering if somebody can write something without being offended!! Or is it a law now ( sorry I didn't get the memo)!

Just let it go, it is that easy!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4687;start=0#msg63971 date=1164719868]
    But I think it is soo weird that people who have something special are not happy and others who do NOT have that special something are not happy. I mean it is either "we have it" or "we don't" it can NOT be another answer, so where is that something that makes us happy???

no such thing as we have it or we dont, we all have our ups and downs, and our life does consist of happy moments

also we cant judge ppl from the outside, for example too often ppl assume that if you have your own glorious house, car, kids who are doing well at school and parents who are working, that it constitues a happy family, which is not always correct, often inside those homes they are struggling but we often forget all the joys we have in our lives and only remember our struggles
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=11;threadid=4687;start=0#msg63973 date=1164720083]
    [quote author=vassilios link=board=11;threadid=4687;start=0#msg63961 date=1164718195]
    Is that fair?

your interested in keeping our orthodox gals, yet ur dating mexicans and i believe previoulsy u stated how important it is to keep orthodoxy and dating within our church to prevent a decline in the coptic population

vas your full of contradictions

I do understand your concern Kerestina. I think its a shame that because we love our Orthodox faith and CHurch so much, that we should marry between ourselves. Lakin, living in France, where there are hardly any orthodox girls there, i dated a mexican. She was catholic? Is that OK? Do u mind??
    LOL

I'd love to marry an orthodox babe, but the only problem is, i don't know any. So, this muslim guy ends up with an orthodox girlfriend? LOL

Ya3ni, france is packed to the brim with muslim women, and he ends up with an orthodox girlfriend?? Do u see what i mean??

As u can all see, i love my orthodox church, but i have to admit, i don't really seem to "click" with orthodox women - I'm sure u all agree. lol

I'd still love it for u to marry orthodox.

Also, i think mentioning something personal on this site is an indication that i feel we are all brothers and sisters, so whatever u all say, i trust there is a good christian nature in all of u to pray for me and to see me as your brother in Christ.
  • mashey ok,

Like when we taste "PEACE OF MIND" in any occasion. we'd be like ( atleast that is what I do) "man........ I want to have Peace of mind FOREVER"

It is raha, rahat baal! IT is hard to find!
  • umm.... well i think i get where your coming from,sorry my arabic is quite limited, please correct me if im wrong but you want lasting peace yer?
  • [quote author=catch me if u can link=board=11;threadid=4687;start=15#msg63982 date=1164723377]
    umm.... well i think i get where your coming from,sorry my arabic is quite limited, please correct me if im wrong but you want lasting peace yer?

hahaha......... No problem.

I am asking how can a person get "LASTING PEACE OF MIND" in this world?

I am sure when we will die and go to heaven ( me not included)!

But since this world is full of problems and issues whether it is taking us away from god or making us closer to god....... Sometimes a person just can NOT handle all of them problems going on! School, family, Life, grades, lonelness, etc........
  • I am sure when we will die and go to heaven ( me not included)!

anything is possible, dont deny the good you have done in your life

But since this world is full of problems and issues whether it is taking us away from god or making us closer to god....... Sometimes a person just can NOT handle all of them problems going on! School, family, Life, grades, lonelness, etc........

this sounds like one who is defeated, we can never be defeated when God is on our side. but its important to be real and talk about the reality of things, yeah we go through a hell of lot, you may think you cant handle it but you have overcome them have you not?
  • Because it gets me in my sensitive side
  • Happiness is what I call "a peace of mind"

I do NOT think having no problems is boring, because then you'd taste happiness.

Wow......... Vas,
    that is NOT FAIR!

bentBABAyasoo`,
    you missed my whole point. The reason i say life is boring without problems is because if there were no problems, there would be no life ! Life is problems. You cannot allow your circumstances to change your mood because you never know whats going to happen.. what would you do then ? you must base Your happiness on something that's always there, something thats that's never changing. Jesus Christ. Once things get over the top and seem too hard to handle you must turn to the only stable thing in your life.. Otherwise you'd just be , well, a mess !
  • shoofy ya bentbabayasooa, lol, i know exactly what you mean because I'm in the same situation, but believe me we must have faith that things will get better. Lots of time we get through problems and we think that it will never be solved but at the end things get better and we smile again and try to get better. I want you to cheer up, because no matter how hard it is, just have faith that God loves you, God loves you so much, try your best not to get this thought to your mind, it is the advantage that the devil taking of you, devil wants you to feel that you are lonely and sad and that God left you a lone without anyhelp. he does that so that you will say: ahhhh see God, i have done your commandments but you didn't help me, therefore I will leave you alone and look for a better way to get help. Believe me it happened with my cousin and he did say that to me like this : I don't need God, who told you that God actually exists" but thank God that he returned back to his mind, but lol please try not to listen to this voice that tells you that you are lonely, you have God, God is much more than anyone else on this earth, God is someone that never ever changes, never ever changes your love to you, a friend might change, a husband might change, a family might change, a sister a brother......etc, only one that doesn't change for any reason and this is God. Lol don't worry so much, you must also know that we are ALLLLL having problems, not only you. ok yalla cheer up and please show us your smile

Baladoos
  • Yeah I agree baladoos,

I was in soo much problems and ended just like that! and I could NOT see how it can be solved at all, but at the end it did! and everything is GREAT! Also, God saved/saves me from lots of car wrecks! wow........ what a relief! ( Thank you GOD).

It is funny how that works, like when things get realy bad and all the doors are closed in your face and you couldn't find a way out, and you call God's name and seek his help, and nothing happen right away, but then when you walk around you'd find a key to one of the doors to get out!

I guess, the Devil takes opprotunity of how we want our prayers answered right away and tells us "God is not listening", but the truth of the fact is WE ARE THE ONES WHO NEED GOD. Also, Everything under heaven has a specific time and date! God is not our servant to ask him for something and get it right away, WE Are ALL HIS SERVENTS!

But I guess the human nature is wanting something and want it right away. But god is V. Patient! When we think that time is runing out, we forget that god is the time we need!

Please pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • Glad everything worked out ok for you

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness,
  • Jesus told us to rejoice at all times because the Holy Spirit is within us...so life is great and the life to come is even greater...rejoice and be exceedinly glad for great is your reward in Heaven
  • In the time where you feel you JUST can NOT take it anymore is .......... like playing on the edge!!! :-\

and forgetting that god even exsists!

Is this just me? or does it happen to everyone as well??
  • every one has it hard
  • [quote author=To7a-fo7a link=board=13;threadid=4687;start=15#msg64047 date=1164819638]
    every one has it hard

I agree!

Even Little kids do have it hard!

• Life is meant to be hard because of the son of Adam and Eve.

This is also a test from god to test us to get to the kingdom of heaven.

The world is satan's.

This is why life on earth is hard, unlike in heaven
  • I agree Mjoe80

Good Point!