What is the Coptic Orthodox Church about?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey,
Guys,Gals of all ages!

I aplogize for this question, that i think it is NOT silly and what so ever nonsense!

I would like for somebody/anyone to please remind me of what the Orthodox Coptic Church is all about?? What are God's steps that he would WANT us to follow? Is simplicity one of them steps?

I am sorry, but it seems that this earthly worldly desire world made me forget!

Thank you Very much,
&
God bless you all,

bentBABAyasooa`

A note:-
(If you are going to reply, Please remember to respectfull and forget this rude manner if you have one!, also if you are going to start a problem I QUOTE "I do NOT want you to reply")

Comments

• [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=4618;start=0#msg63097 date=1163179766]
    I would like for somebody/anyone to please remind me of what the Orthodox Coptic Church is all about??

That's a pretty broad question.

Basically, the message of the Church is:
    1. God created man.
    2. Man fell away from God.
    3. God became a man; suffered, died, and rose again in order to save man from sin and death.
    4. We draw closer to God through prayer, good deeds, and the Sacraments of the Church - especially Baptism and the Eucharist.

What are God's steps that he would WANT us to follow?

Again, very broad question. Read the Beatitudes in Matthew 5; they provide a good start.

And the two Great Commandments: Love God with all your heart, soul, etc. and love your neighbour as yourself.

Is simplicity one of them steps?

Yes
  • Whats expected of us.. well its pretty simple.

as Orthodox11 has mention, we have our top 2 commandments. To love God and to love others.

Well as Orthodox Christians our goal in life is not just to get to heaven, but to be as Christlike [a word created by Father Anthony Messeh :P] as we possibly can before we pass on.

The only proper way of fulfiling this is to get to know Him ! You can do this through prayer, Bible reading, etc. and God will show you what you're supposed to be doing..

I hope I answered your question.. if I didn't, can you please be more specific ?
  • LOL hehe, well guess what I just found ? A very suitable sermon thats what ! :D

It's Called 'Being Led By God' & It's by Father Anthony Messeh.. He's GREAT !
    http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=490&Itemid=26
    there ya go, tell me what you think of it.

• wow........!

Is that all??
  • lol well if you want details.. open up your Bible ;)
  • Ofcourse!

The Bible!

What does the Bible teach us?

1 Peter 4 :7-8

7) But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

8) And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Love eachothers?

Romans 1 2 : 1 0- 1 7

10) Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
    1 1 ) Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
    1 2 ) Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
    1 3 ) Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
    1 4 ) Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
    1 5) Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
    1 6 ) Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
    1 7) Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Brotherly love? Honor each other above ourselves? Hospitality? Live in harmony with each other? Do NOT be proud but be associated with people?

Is that what the Bible teach and many many more???

bentBABAyasooa
  • A note:-
    (If you are going to reply, Please remember to respectfull and forget this rude manner if you have one!, also if you are going to start a problem I QUOTE "I do NOT want you to reply")

hady nafsek sister don be angry..i don't think it is silly at all and i didnt read any of the replies apart from the 1st one:

That's a pretty broad question.

Basically, the message of the Church is:
    1. God created man.
    2. Man fell away from God.
    3. God became a man; suffered, died, and rose again in order to save man from sin and death.
    4. We draw closer to God through prayer, good deeds, and the Sacraments of the Church - especially Baptism and the Eucharist.

Quote:
    What are God's steps that he would WANT us to follow?

Again, very broad question. Read the Beatitudes in Matthew 5; they provide a good start.

And the two Great Commandments: Love God with all your heart, soul, etc. and love your neighbour as yourself.

Quote:
    Is simplicity one of them steps?

Yes

i think that's pretty good but it feels like you thought too much and then you suggested that you forgot or you dont know, you do just a bit of confusion resulting from too much thinking or too much internet lol

take care

GBU
  • I am trying to make a point!

and no one picked it yet! because some member just want to reply to topics that have something wrong, so they would start a conflict, and leave all the religious ones!

Also, the people i wanted for them to reply haven't replyed yet!

So, let's say i am the one who forgot what the coptic orthdox church is about! and i would like for somebody to explain if the coptic orthodox church is all about love, care, respect, and simplicity! then, why are we being cruel to eachother?

Thanks,
  • Wow........ way to go for discussing the topic!

I give you thumbs UP!
  • by far stupidest thign ive ever heard , good job whoever started this topic real waster of space......