What do you think?

edited October 2006 in Personal Issues
Hi all,

I like to take your advise in something. It's not personal for me but for someone very near to me and my family. It's a story of a man he is 45 years old and he has a son. They were a very good an happily family. But suddenly after a marriage of 18 years they left each other. And not simply left each other because of something big but just for some small reasons. His wife which he now divorced was a friend of my mother but what is more strange is that she doesn't want to say the reason of their divorce. And he says just that she(his wife) hates him and that she doesn't want him anymore.

So that is their story shortly without big details. And now after 3 years of their divorce he wants to marry again. As I said before he has a son of 16 years. He still didn't tell his son about this at all. And abouna accepted his marriage.

What I want to ask all of you is: Is this marriage acceptable or not? According to the bible you can not divorce because of a reason like this one. So who is right the bible or what is happening here and what abouna is saying. And the man who I am talking about is not the own one there are many people here divorcing and marrying again each year for really stupid reasons :-\

So plz tell me your opinion and give me your advise, what can I do?

Amira Hakim

Comments

• how can it be a stupid reason if you dont know it ?

the church only [should only] accept divorce in very severe cases such as adultery and denial of christ.

If the church divorced them then it had to have been a good reason.. he does have the right to remarry in some cases, in others he doesnt.

Pray for me pwweeeez ;D
  • i think the reason of their divorce is bigger than that!! but they just don't want to say, maybe ashamed or somen! cuz it made abona agree on the ex-husband's remarriage!!

bentBABAyasooa`

but the remarriage idea is not good, cuz he has a 16 yrs old son! and he should think aobut his son first before himself!
  • Its hard to give advice about a situation that is unclear or vague. First of all the COPTIC ORTHODOX CHURCH, I am not sure about any other christian church but in our church your only granted a divorce for adultry. Any other reason is not permitted and I know so bc of some personal friend of my mother's tried to divorce her husband for physical abuse but the church would not grant them a divorce and suggested that they seperate for a period of time and than reconcile. Hence. the Bible says what God has made one let no man seperate. So the only real reason our church allows divorce is adultry and if a spouse is hiding something from the other such as if you got married to someone and you found out they were mentally ill and they never told you bc its a form of cheating.
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=10;threadid=4520;start=0#msg62165 date=1161009254]
    how can it be a stupid reason if you dont know it ?

the church only [should only] accept divorce in very severe cases such as adultery and denial of christ.

If the church divorced them then it had to have been a good reason.. he does have the right to remarry in some cases, in others he doesnt.

Pray for me pwweeeez ;D

First thx for your reply, second I said I don't know the real reason but the stupid reasons I am talking about are that he says that she doesn't love him and that she doesn't like his face and style anymore. Those are the stupid reasons he gave and were I am talking about. But the real reason is still hidden.

And about the church here in Holland. Here in Holland you can divorce whenever you like and it's not the point if you has a good reason or not. Once each year Abouna bola comes and divorces a big amount of married people. So a couple divorced last year because the women said that her man is crazy/phisical abuse.
    So really we needa lot of prayings to the church here in Amsterdam.

Amira Hakim
  • Thank you to everyone for the replies and I had really hoped that everyting becomes okay between them again but I think I can forget that now because I've heard that he is gonna marry her the coming summer and that he is going to Egypte next month 3shan yo5tob. He will marry a woman who has 2 childrens, one 9 and one 14. Her husband died 2 years ago :-\

Really I don't know how this people are thinking about this case! How can a women remarry if her man died? And since a short time too :-\

I don't know what to say but just praying that God will be with us...

Amira
  • This is such a delicate topic i think its important not to pass judgement! Nobody really knows what happens behind closed doors and its easy for us to give advice.
  • Yes me also agree and I feel that there are a lot of things I don't know about them and what happened between them to let something like this happen.

I don't have anything to say except of God be with them.

Thanks for you replay Mary

Amira
  • i agree wen u said the church only [should only] accept divorce in very severe cases such as adultery and denial of christ
    that is very true