Marriage within our Church

(Sorry, i wrote this in the wrong forum)

My dear sisters, I don't know you, but im trying hard to love you. We should not be teachers for one another, but servents...

We are a small community of egyptian christians, and the Church would love it for us to inter-marry. So, we have to get along... I just feel everytime i ask a question, some girl wants to come and teach me a lesson, they focus on me and not the question.

One thing that touched me was this: Abouna said that when Our Lord was on the cross, they rebuked Him, telling Him to descend from the cross if He was the Son of God. However, He preferred to give us our salvation than to prove or teach us anything.

Im not interested about being right or wrong, or proving someone wrong. We are all equal. However, if this attitude continues amongst us, then no one will want to get married amongst coptic christians?? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong... perhaps there's a sa3eedi guy amongst us that likes to suffer in marriage perhaps and needs to be rebuked (and so will be happy marrying your typical coptic girl).... lakin for the European Coptic type, we love to be friends first, and then talk with others and grow spiritually....

Its a bit funny, i know... lakin if we are this tough with one another and we are strangers, then what must you be like if we were in the SAME parish??? It doesnt make marriage appealing?? and i'd love to see from this post that you've all got married... and are happy.

I think you get the message. Im not saying "we" as in "me and you". I mean, you and some coptic guy from where you live. Please be nice to Coptic Men. You need them to get married.

AND REMEMBER THIS!!! A COPTIC HUSBAND ISNT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Comments

• [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=0#msg61282 date=1159305053]
    (Sorry, i wrote this in the wrong forum)

My dear sisters, I don't know you, but im trying hard to love you. We should not be teachers for one another, but servents...

We are a small community of egyptian christians, and the Church would love it for us to inter-marry. So, we have to get along... I just feel everytime i ask a question, some girl wants to come and teach me a lesson, they focus on me and not the question.

One thing that touched me was this: Abouna said that when Our Lord was on the cross, they rebuked Him, telling Him to descend from the cross if He was the Son of God. However, He preferred to give us our salvation than to prove or teach us anything.

Im not interested about being right or wrong, or proving someone wrong. We are all equal. However, if this attitude continues amongst us, then no one will want to get married amongst coptic christians?? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong... perhaps there's a sa3eedi guy amongst us that likes to suffer in marriage perhaps and needs to be rebuked (and so will be happy marrying your typical coptic girl).... lakin for the European Coptic type, we love to be friends first, and then talk with others and grow spiritually....

Its a bit funny, i know... lakin if we are this tough with one another and we are strangers, then what must you be like if we were in the SAME parish??? It doesnt make marriage appealing?? and i'd love to see from this post that you've all got married... and are happy.

I think you get the message. Im not saying "we" as in "me and you". I mean, you and some coptic guy from where you live. Please be nice to Coptic Men. You need them to get married.

AND REMEMBER THIS!!! A COPTIC HUSBAND ISNT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

hey Vassilios,
    i assume u r a guy! rgt?
    hahahaha........ i am a gurl!
    any-who.....
    i completley agree with ya there brother (if ur a guy, if not then ignore brother add sister!!) we should be nice to each other...... and think abt this vassilios......... if we are not nice to each other...... let's say........ i say somen mean to this person......... and my fience is on tasbeha as well... and he knows how i am as a nickname... and he'd be like"hummm...... i thought that is not in her morals..." u-know......... whatever is being said by whoever on this site... migh change wht others think of them.... if they know them personaly!! u-know wht i mean?!?!?!

and i agree with u about being nice to coptic men.. cuz i am being nice to my fience` and soo far soo good!!! ;)

bentBABAyasooa`
  • Hey ya ostaza vasilios, hahaha mate you are right, I'm a guy like you and it happens to me as well that sometimes coptic girls fight with me, but lol we fight for a very lil time and then we come back again talking and laughing and enjoying the time, we all here in our church love each other so much, guys love girls and girls love guys so much as brothers and sisters, hahaha, i do admit that i love a girl from my church from all my heart but its the will of God to make it happen, saleely hahahahaa

yalla take care

Baladoos
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=0#msg61294 date=1159343744]
    Yes, Im a guy.

BentBabaYasoo3 is always happy and friendly, and look what happened to her ? She got a fiancé. So you can all do it too. There is a chance for everyone.

So, if any Coptic "gurl" wants to be cute and happy and with a fiancé in speedo time like BentBabaYasoo3, then remember the catch phrase "Be nice to Coptic Men".

ya ostaz vassilios,
    i am suffering from the same issue as well..... like gurls at my church here...... are HORRIABLE! and HORRIABLE as in...... "adopted the american culture... and there is nothing different between real american gurls and the ones that go to my church" and i realy honest to god thought they were angels, but i hear alot and i saw alot from them....... !! i don't even think they are virgins!
    any-who.....
    how do u know that i am aslawys happy and friendly??? eventhough i am...!!
    see..........the reason why i joined tasbeha and became a member is cuz to meet "TRUE COPTIC ORTHODOX PEOPLE, GUYS, GURLS, MEN, WOMEN! JUST TO MEET NEW PPL" cuz ppl here in my church i can NOT call them coptic orthodox!! and all are nice......... i mean i read a couple of topics where ppl are on to other ppl, and that is not god taught us.....!!
    1. treat others u want to be treated
    2. forgive and u will be forgiven
    3. love ur enemies as urself
    4. help the poor
    5. if someone strik u on one check give him the other
    etc..............!!!

pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • I dont think these "coptic men" need to worry about rejection...coptic guys r good guys; generally speaking. They have good morals and ethics (which other guys may lack) . Dont sit there and gravol at someone's feet... Instead, wait for the girl that realizes your value. A lot of coptic girls want a good, religious, respectful guy. Hang in there, not all girls r superficialy shallow!
  • 7aram 3aleek ya vassilios :'(all of that because I said something that I shouldn't have said about ur question. I am sorry.
    Not all girls are like me by the way...it's just I am immature uncaring coptic girl who want to show off that she knows everything (when in fact I don't) I am sorry again but don't generalize it to every coptic girl...they are all good girls believe me ;)
  • It's funny that u are making the assumption that most of us don't have someone in our life right now (a guy)...come on now...guys act the same way too...we don't need to make the guys love us...maybe guys need to work on making us love them...jk (kinda) ;D
  • Marianne

we don't need to make the guys love us...maybe guys need to work on making us love them...

i second u on that point ;D
  • My only point is - be nice to Coptic guys... they're very simple, kind creatures...

mashy we will....but u guys be good to us...you haven't seen the dark side yet :P JK
  • lol u got me on that one...
    All coptic guys are so innocent (ya right) ;D
  • Hey guys, ya vasilios enta ghaltan (no offence), not all coptic girls are like how you say, some of them are really really nice and treat the boys very nicely and kindely. I'm a guy in my church and I get treated very nicely from the coptic girls in our church and in order I treat them very nicely as well, we are all as one group of guys and girls. whenever we decide to go out for a dinner or something, we alwaysssss and I mean alwaysssss wait for the whole group to go, we alwaysss ask about each other if someone goes missing for a sunday mass or something. and by the way, do you want to tell me that all the girls in your church are not nice????? well i doubt it, (no offence ofcourse), I also think that girls don't have to be nice for the marriage purpose, I personally don't find a problem in my church talking to girls at all and also girls never find problem talking to guys in our church. I do think personally that if the girl is treated nicely first from the guy, she will definitely treat him back nicely.

Hope that helped

Baladoos
  • hahahahhahahaha, sada2ny yabni el coptic girls dool are very sweet bass homa sa3at beyeb2o tal3een feeha showaya hahahahahaha
  • Vassillios

when i first saw this post i thought it was ridiculous and had no place on this site and hence i did not exert any effort in generating a reply. Moderators take note.

then it became personal

(i was thinking of Kristina123 actually!! hahahah)

look mate u wan a girl like how u describe bringing u coffee etc then u can go back to the 40's cause u aint gonna find a girl like that. woman these days hold the same position as men with the same level of education, often higher, and take on many roles that men were associated with in the past. (FYI - i have not spent my youth living in egypt and i beleive i have lived abroad longer than u have)

now u explain to me why its the woman's role to bring u coffee?

u also explain to me y we r the ones that need to make a conscious efort to b nice?

also respect is given where it is deserved. this leads to me to beleive that the reason u feel this way is due to the fact that u r treated this way often and therefore u may need to analyse ur behaviour rather than others.

For me, intelligence is the ability to express your ideas without offending anyone.)

hmm maybe u need to read up on hypocracy.

also what did u gain from posting these opinions of urs that are obviosly based on fallatious grounds unsupported by any statistical or scientific evidence. this is merely the ramblings of an ignorant person living in the past.

lastly i wud appreciate that you keep ur comments regarding me to urself and refrain from passing judgment on a person u dont even know. i think i intimidated you and hence u felt the need to create such a ludicrous and offensive post. and in general i think u r intimidated by woman and feel the need to bring them down in order that they may b at ur level.

Kristina123
  • Vassilios

show how intelligent you are

i know how intelligent i am andi dont need to prove that to you nor anyone else for that matter and especially in a manner you so accuse me of.

and that's an un-chrstian attitude.

excuse me? are you trying to teach me about christianity. hmm!!

suffering of what i put u through.

i did not suffer one bit i think u r the one who is suffering!

ps: just a tip u need to do something about ur attitude and ur sense of humour cause it sure as hell is lacking!!

Kristina123
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=0#msg61327 date=1159399908]

My only point is - be nice to Coptic guys... they're very simple, kind creatures...

mashy we will....but u guys be good to us...you haven't seen the dark side yet :P JK

hahahahaha......... i don't know with whom i wanna agree with! ahahahaa....... vassilios ur rgt! i mean just what us gurls are looking after what we want in life (marriage/engagment relationship or even just a basic relationship!) we should as well..look after what the guys want! i completly agree on that part with you!

HOWEVER,

i also agree with marina07 (sorry if i misspealed it) cuz guys realy need to work on making us love them more!
    i mean i watch out for my fience`'s feelings and his happiness is what i truely care about, but that does'nt mean i should forget about myself! it means he comes first, and i come 2nd! same thing goes for him too... i come 1st, and he comes 2nd!!
    so i agree on what both of y'all (sorry for "y'all" i am from the south u.s.a.) said!

and kirsitna123....
    gurl, i am a gurl like u... and i realy don't see the problem here at all! it is just a basic topic! nothing to it! i didn't feel ofended by it, and i honestly didn't think the man was trying to put the women genenration down and under his feet! so take it easy! and i am sure he was just kidding when he said ur name... he even did "hahaha..." as in kidding! and i realy think u should chill out! and relax and have fun when u reply in any topic! i mean god said treat others u want to be treated...and i am sure that is not how u want to be treated!
    i know it is non of my bewacks! but.... i am sure if vassilios said somen then ur gonna take it personal! so i am the one who is gonna talk to u to and calm u down!
    this is what this topic is all about....... a person saying somen and another person comes up and reply and take the topic as somen soo personal and start a problem with is realy should HAVE not been started!
    and from ur recent posts i have seen ur (non offending) a hard headed person...awesome me 2! but that doesn't mean to get in ppl's topic and start arguing!!
    sorry if it is non of my business! but we realy should love eachother and treat others the way we want to be treated!!!
    GBWU
    pray for me and my weakness
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • bentBABAyasooa`;

and i realy don't see the problem here at all!

if u dont see the problem then really there is no point in u replying

i know it is non of my bewacks

thats right

and from ur recent posts i have seen ur (non offending) a hard headed person

how can u judge someone based on posts??? r a psychologist or some professional? this is ridiculous

doesn't mean to get in ppl's topic and start arguing!!

u shud take some of ur own advice.

sorry if it is non of my business!

right again

u need to make sure ur posts are coherent in order for them to b effective.

Kristina123
  • [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=15#msg61346 date=1159451965]
    Vassilios

show how intelligent you are

i know how intelligent i am andi dont need to prove that to you nor anyone else for that matter and especially in a manner you so accuse me of.

and that's an un-chrstian attitude.

#1 i apologize i replyed and i didn't notice there was a 2nd page!
    #2 kristina123, sorry if i am gonna offend u, but look at what u said, and look at what vassilios said! and u will see how has the attitude problem!
    i am not saying "oo....c'mon let's fight! 3:30 infront of school" no i am not saying that! i am saying.. is that there are topics here that can offend u personaly and i agree with you...but that doesn't mean teach them ur rgt and they are wrong! that means... talk it out without fighting nor arguing! vassilios did NOT say anything wrong at all, but the problem started when the fire came out of your ears! i am not gonna preach to you nor tell u ur wrong (if i did plz forgive me) cuz i am just like any person a sinner! but i am just gonna say... "forgive and u will be forgiven, love each other, treat others the way u want to be treated, and if someone stiks u on one cheek, give him the ohter (mean let him hit u on ur other cheek, not u giving it back to him!)...
    forgive me
    pray for me and for my weakness,
    bentBABAyasooa`

excuse me? are you trying to teach me about christianity. hmm!!

suffering of what i put u through.

i did not suffer one bit i think u r the one who is suffering!

ps: just a tip u need to do something about ur attitude and ur sense of humour cause it sure as hell is lacking!!

Kristina123
  • im wit u kris123, valla boy ur gonna end up lonely n deprived of marriage unless bentaboom wants ya lol
  • [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=15#msg61350 date=1159452900]
    bentBABAyasooa`;

thats right

how can u judge someone based on posts??? r a psychologist or some professional? this is ridiculous

right again

Kristina123

hey,
    i am not here to argu, or start fights! cuz i know for alot of reasons that is wrong... the main one is peace and love in our church, not fighting eachother! another reason is the best man is the one who walks away!
    so....
    u-what?
    i am not even gonna bother arguing with u cuz i have somen else better to do...!!

so i am just gonna tell u one thing ya ostaza kristina123
    rabana yesmheak,
    i forgive u, and i hope god will too!!
    i will pray for you!
    plz pray pray for me!
    bentBABAyasooa
  • BentBaBaYasoo and Vassillios

all i can say is that these words are parrallell to those of the pharisees within the bible. im sure ur familiar with their ways. humbling oneself b4 others is not a way to gain a reward in heaven.

i have somen else better to do...!!

this is not a proper sentence and i beleive if i were to interpret it in the way it was intended then my reply would be to tell u that i beleive it is quite the contrary and i highly doubt it.

i have nothing further to say about this ridiculous topic and i beleive that the moderators of the site should intervene. there are no valid points raised here, except mine of course, and i beleive that this topic does not comply with the regulations of the site and must therefore be terminated.

Kristina123
  • hey dude i wasnt attacking no body i was playin hence the lol
  • rabana yesmhak!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=30#msg61356 date=1159453974]
    hey dude i wasnt attacking no body i was playin hence the lol

hahahhaa........
    not u, u silly!
  • Vassillios and others

i refer you to the rules

Forum Rules
    « on: May 24, 2005, 01:36:21 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Threads that are not of a spiritual nature, will be locked or deleted at the reasonable discretion of the administrators/moderators.

2) Threads that have a negative purpose or that seriously degenerate, will be locked or deleted at the reasonable discretion of the administrators/moderators.

3) Posts that are offensive, obscene, or have no other purpose other than to directly and personally attack another member, will be edited or deleted at the reasonable discretion of the administrators/moderators.

4) Posts that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread, and which are in actual fact counter-productive to that thread will be deleted or edited at the reasonable discretion of the administrators/moderators.

5) If you have a problem or personal issue with another member or even another moderator/administrator, please PM the member or the administrators/moderators with your problem, but do not disturb the flow of the threads by expressing your concerns or problems in someone else’s thread in a manner which degenerates that particular thread.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:58:08 PM by Iqbal »

i beleive that this thread falls within each of the above rules and iam prepared to create written submissions to prove this if u so wish. i simply have no time for this at the present moment but if there is a demand then i am both prepared and equipped not to mention capable of doing so.

Kristina123
  • come on people.. this is really crazy.. stop it..

"I cant speak on behalf of anyone, but bentbabayassoo3 is sooo cool.. and Im sure that you are getting the wrong end of the stick."

i can honestly say the same thing bout kristina123 so come on guys stop it

• way to have everyone attacking you on tasbeha ;D
    that was a good one...shouldn't be meeting girls on tasbeha (they are just horrible...calm down everyone...that was a joke ;D)
    You keep mentioning the shabka...lol...that has nothing to do with marriage come on now...we are not going into a business.
    I personally think if a guy and a girl get along...money shabka whatever shouldn't be mentioned between them...what's wrong with just having a wedding ring. What in the heart is what lasts forver...what's in the mind is what last for the honey moon ;D...that was totally a made up sentence by me that only meant that if you care about money you wouldn't go so far with marriage but if you care about love...you will go the whole way with it...your marriage will be forever blessed.

P.S: I am just trying to get back in the topic...because arguing doesn't get anyone anywhere...you guys keep writing words to each other that really none of us cares about....if you want to argue just take it outside the forum...there is no need to prove who is more intellegence than who

Being intelligent or being stupid won't get us into heaven.
  • Monsieur Vassilios

b) Why are Coptic women making them marry outside the Coptic Church
    c) Why are coptic men making coptic women marry outside the Church? and not from each other??

have you been to my church? uh no, ok well i can partially answer your questions, the church youth umm in your terms "possible future ancesters of the remaining coptic race" are divided in 2 groups those who speak arabic quite well and those who are khawagas (english speakers). Now, the english speakers and arabic speakers are by no mean friends, i mean they dont even say hi to one another, there is no means of communication betwen the 2 groups...the american just dont see themselves marrying someone just from egypt and someone just from egypt wish to marry someone speaking arabic.....at least thats what they say.

Within the group of arabic speakers which is about 7 guys and 7 girls, 2 of the guys are sa3ayda, they think any girl from this country is inappropriate for them to marry, and so they go down to egypt, their beloved country spend a year down there looking for a bride, then come back empty handed--without one. hmm the rest who are not sa3ayda are very immature even though they maybe 26 or older, some have brains of a 1 year old, by that i mean they will take a girls cellphone and put whiteout all over the new phone, thinking its funny....or we will be sitting together as a group eating dinner and they will dip their french fries in icecream instead of ketchup and think its cool.(they cant understand the difference between being funny and being stupid)..and the remaining guys are ugly....as compared to girls their age....not that looks are everything.....and the rest of the guys are fresh from egypt and unemployed and will continue to be unemployed......and for the rest of the girls there is a big age difference for some as it is a small church with few people so girls that are like 29 have no one their age to marry....

and so the wrong guys are proposing to the wrong girls......the ugly ones to the most beautiful girls...., then the silly to the serious girl...and this is why no one gets married...they are picking wrong matches!

o yea another reason is because some of them act like jerks (sorry for the word), a guy proposed to a girl and not that he is a bad guy, but he and the girl just have nothing in common....and are just opposites, so the girl tells him i am sorry it wont work out ...u r a great guy....but we are just not right for each other....then ever since then everytime the guy sees her in church (beydeeha afa) he wont even say hi to her....for a whole year :-\

some also think because they are rich they can get anyone to marry them, thats another problem they have

As for the coptic race being wiped out dont worry about that, i can see from your profile it says you are from Paris (dont know if its true or not) but maybe the coptic race might be wiped out in France..... i dont know, i think the coptic immigrants there are quite lower than the USA?. so dont worry about the copts elsewhere, with egyptians getting about 4 babies per couple there will be plenty of egyptians to make new ones, and if you really want to save the coptic race u can get married, dont use any birth control methods, make sure your wife gets the most amount of kids possible and make sure they all marry copts

as for shabkas i dont know about the rest of the girls...but you are right maybe many care about getting some 20,000 dollar ring or something crazy like that, but for the most part i think no 1 really cares.......anyways i think its dumb u can spend the money getting a better house or something.....plus well i wouldnt really want to wear a pretty expensive ring ...it could get lost or stolen....that wouldnt be so fun :-\

a tout a l'heure
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=30#msg61366 date=1159458941]
    Many girls in this forum asked that the man should "make" her love him.

That means we have to get them coffee??

The future of the Coptic Church depends on a coffee machine??

That's ridiculous!

You were the one that brought up the coffee to begin with, just for the record.
  • Vassilios, je pense que en France il y a un autre probleme, les filles coptiques aime les hommes francais parce que ils ont des yeux bleu ou vert pas comme les hommes egyptien :P
  • wow.......

i realy don't understand why can't we all get along!!
    i mean we are all brothers and sister in christ! we shouldn't be arguing and threating eachother like that.. and u know how ur and i am not gonna "call u out" so u won't get mad and take it in the wrong way!!

and for the person who threating to tell an Iqbal abt this.... that is not kewl! and realy... like i said before u need to chil out and relax and calm down! it is just a topic!!

and like i said before i am not even gonna bother arguing you! cuz sisters and brothers in christ should not argue but love each other and treat the other the way we want to be treated!!!!!!

but kristina123 beleive it or not u have became one of my new friends gurl!!
    and i apologize if i said anything that offended you!! and plz forgive me!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=30#msg61353 date=1159453517]
    [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=4;threadid=4444;start=15#msg61350 date=1159452900]
    bentBABAyasooa`;

thats right

right again

Kristina123

hey,
    i am not here to argu, or start fights! cuz i know for alot of reasons that is wrong... the main one is peace and love in our church, not fighting eachother! another reason is the best man is the one who walks away!
    so....
    u-what?
    i am not even gonna bother arguing with u cuz i have somen else better to do...!!

so i am just gonna tell u one thing ya ostaza kristina123
    rabana yesmheak,
    i forgive u, and i hope god will too!!
    i will pray for you!
    plz pray pray for me!
    bentBABAyasooa

YO KRISTINAAAA! wassup? how r u? one word 4 u..
    CHILL YA HABIBTI MALIK the poor guy was crackin a joke so was bentbaba yasooa now u aint lettin her post its her frikin opinion! lol no offence

and when u reply to this do NOT attack me
    lol

and yes rabina ye samhik! lol