Repeated Sin

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey Guys, I have a little problem here that I'm worried about, i have a particular sin that I always repeat, I always try my very best to overcome it but I just fall again and again and again, I'm very very upset that I annoy God with it and that I feel that I hurt him, but really I know that I fall into this sin so many times, I don't know if God will still forgive me about it, I had a talk with my FOC about it lots of times and he said to me to keep on trying till death, I'm still trying but that aweful feeling of guilt inside me kills me and also whenever I feel that anytime the second coming might come makes me feel scared. Any suggestion???

Please pray for me always

Baladoos

Comments

• dude im on the same track as you

any comments woould be great plz
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=4;threadid=4446;start=0#msg61293 date=1159343574]
    I don't know if God will still forgive me about it, I had a talk with my FOC about it lots of times and he said to me to keep on trying till death, I'm still trying but that aweful feeling of guilt inside me kills me

ofcourse god will forgive u.
    ur FOC is completely right.keep fighting till death,at least u will have the honour of the fighting not the same as those who gave up fighting quickly.and don`t forget u r on the stronger side,GOD`s side.always ask for god`s help,every day and night,every min,every second.
    it is very good to have that aweful feeling of guilt inside u.it makes u remember ur sin always and regret it.but DON`T EVER LET IT CONTROL U.NEVER LOOSE HOPE.GOD ALWAYS FORGIVE WHEN EVER U REGRET UR SIN AND CONFESS.
    and when he forgives ,he forgets.

as for prayers,i need it myself,

:)

• Hi,
    I have no idea what sin you are talking about, but I have a great idea. If you try hard to abstain from it, that's good; however, why not also (if u can) take a week off and go to a monastery??

Even with a few friends?? I don't know where u live, but there must be a monastery somewhere near u?

Good luck
  • VERY VERY good idea :D :D :D :D
  • Yeah.. go on a retreat somewhere, but Don't go alone. Even if its a retreat "en silence" - go with some friends that WANT to go to a retreat too...

Go when the monastery is empty... like the monastery in Germany.. its dead empty during the winter months... and abouna mikhail will have a lot of time for u.

If u go during the summer months, it becaomes more like a university campus... with egyptians making barbeques , killing animals, eating lebb outside the gates with a cup of arabic tea... sipping away whilst under the shade with other married women talking to each other about the miracles of Anba Kirellous in their lives helping them purchase a new house with a double porch, and long garden...

Then when they talk to you, they ask you :"Emta han efra7 beek??" - so you tell them "Lama rabena yu-reed ya tante". Then they tell u "No! U don't want to get married because enta kaslan". Then you tell them the real truth: "No.. Coptic girls drive me crazy!". Then it goes on and on... and at the end, u realise why u keep on doing the same sin again and again...
  • Oh My God vassilion, you are so funny, hahahah, thanks mate, thanks a lot shenoda for your great help and courage, guys i'm really glad to have nice friends as you, please keep me in your prayers all the time.

Hany
  • heya dude,
    'cast ur burden onto the lord and he shall sustain u' for 'lo if we belive in him he will be with us to the very end'
    i agree wit da shnoda dude, God always forgives n wen we repent, he always gladly welcomes us bak into his arms
    ive got this sin too that i keep doin, n i guess the key is to pray to our wonderful lord n as shnoda he'll forgive n forget
    try not to dwell on the past
    God luvs ya
  • "For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted..." -2 Corinthians 7:10

So it's a good thing that you feel guilty and sorrowful everytime you sin because this feeling is what is going to lead you to repentance and then to salvation.
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=4;threadid=4446;start=0#msg61293 date=1159343574]
    Hey Guys, I have a little problem here that I'm worried about, i have a particular sin that I always repeat, I always try my very best to overcome it but I just fall again and again and again, I'm very very upset that I annoy God with it and that I feel that I hurt him, but really I know that I fall into this sin so many times, I don't know if God will still forgive me about it, I had a talk with my FOC about it lots of times and he said to me to keep on trying till death, I'm still trying but that aweful feeling of guilt inside me kills me and also whenever I feel that anytime the second coming might come makes me feel scared. Any suggestion???

Baladoos

okaiie ii have a few things you can do to overcome yur sin.

buy a pocket calender. everyday that you commit the sin.. colour that day in black. your aim is to have NO BLACKSS !

keep yurself busy.. that way yull be less likely to do that sin..

everytime you are tempted imagine in your mind that theres a battle between Jesus & satan.. if you do it you'll let him down.

comming to reality with this sometimes overcomes my stupidity.. other times it doesn't. but check this out ::

"2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." [James 1:2-4]

;D remember you're not the only person who struggles, we all do . but with the power of Christ we will all reach perfection !
  • Hey HizzChild, that's pretty good advice, u sound like a professional.

What we could all do is do the same thing with the calender and see who amongst us can have the highest number of whites.

However, perhaps its not fair as not all sins are the same. For example, someone trying to stop smoking isnt the same as someone trying to stop hating.

Let me know if anyone here wants to participate.
  • yeah thats true.. it works for sins that are addictive. ii m already doing it lol.. im onlee up to day 4 though.. all white so far :D:D:D
  • ok hIZZ,
    Im starting this week.. u've got all white so far.

I'm gonna start this week. I'll see how long i can go without drugs or killing anyone.
  • lol in that case ill see how long i can go without selling people on the internet :P
  • Hizz Child,
    Which countrry are u in??
  • Australia.. we're going off topic. im me..