Steeling?!?!?!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
[center]Would steeling always be immoral, even if done to promote some other good e.g. saving a life

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???[/center]

I think this is one of those questions that will raise a few eyebrows!

It's gotten a lot of different opinions in the past and i would love to see what people think about the question!

I already have a personal opinion, but would love to hear others!! :-X

Enjoy! ;)

Comments

• [quote author=D33 link=board=1;threadid=4347;start=0#msg59659 date=1156643524]
    [center]Would steeling always be immoral, even if done to promote some other good e.g. saving a life

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???[/center]

I think this is one of those questions that will raise a few eyebrows!

It's gotten a lot of different opinions in the past and i would love to see what people think about the question!

I already have a personal opinion, but would love to hear others!! :-X

Enjoy! ;)

I think in God's eyes (and in Common Law) stealing is all about dishonest intention. If you were stealing to save someone's life, the end would justify the means. But, of course, it depends on the situation.
  • So your saying that 'It DOES depend on the situation'???

so say hypothetically... Your family have not had any food for 3 days and u have one bottle of water to share amongst yourselves... you go to seek food for your family some how. you have begged a few people on the streets for help but no one listens... then u walk past a bakery, u see no one at the counter and just grab a loaf of bread and make a run for it... would that be ok???
  • Perhaps this is relevant or maybe not? maybe it is wrong..

FROM
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 12&version=9

Matthew 12 (King James Version)

1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.

2But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

3But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

4How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

5Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

• D33...

i will answer this question but not directly ...

[glow=red,2,300]THE COPTIC ORTHODOX CHURCH SEES GREY AND NOT JUST BLAK N WHITE[/glow]
    and...

[glow=red,2,300]GOD IS A JUST JUDGE[/glow]

what i mean by this..is our religion is not like..u commited it ...ITS A SIN..they see circumstances and everyhting else!!
  • [quote author=D33 link=board=1;threadid=4347;start=0#msg59666 date=1156645361]
    So your saying that 'It DOES depend on the situation'???

so say hypothetically... Your family have not had any food for 3 days and u have one bottle of water to share amongst yourselves... you go to seek food for your family some how. you have begged a few people on the streets for help but no one listens... then u walk past a bakery, u see no one at the counter and just grab a loaf of bread and make a run for it... would that be ok???

what you are saying is that it is ok to steal if youre family did not eat in three days and you are starving.

I totally disagree because it is still a sin to steal food if you are starving because god put you in that situation for a reason. Everything is done for a reason beyond our knowledge. But what we do know is that god would put in this situation to teach us to steal because god is love. The poor people and the sick people are put in these situations because they are being tested as to whether or not they can hold themselves from sin.

However, if they do not steal food and remain hungry or even die, then they will be following the will of god because they are always in god's hands. It is definetely hard and it sounds unrealistic to starve yourself to keep from sin, but the price of sin is death and hell, but wouldnt you rather death and heaven?

• hey mjoe80... thanks for your reply just thought i'll confirm something... im actually not agreeing with

what you are saying is that it is ok to steal if youre family did not eat in three days and you are starving.

so no i wasnt saying that at all wat i meant by my statement was hypothetically.. so in other words i was asking the question not giving my opinion...

i actually havent spoken my opinion at all yet... because i wanted to see what other people think first. but i do ahve a strong stand on the question and lets just say its very close to wat u said!!!

cheers
  • Mathew 6:26 "See the birds of the sky, that they don’t sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you of much more value than they?"

I am not 100% sure on what to do, the bible says the Lord will feed you, and as long as you trust in the Lord, your safe.
  • Meena... thats exactly my opinion

cheers brother!!!

YOU SAID IT!

hehe
  • [quote author=mjoe80 link=board=1;threadid=4347;start=0#msg59860 date=1156808110]
    [quote author=D33 link=board=1;threadid=4347;start=0#msg59666 date=1156645361]
    So your saying that 'It DOES depend on the situation'???

I totally disagree because it is still a sin to steal food if you are starving because god put you in that situation for a reason. Everything is done for a reason beyond our knowledge. But what we do know is that god would put in this situation to teach us to steal because god is love. The poor people and the sick people are put in these situations because they are being tested as to whether or not they can hold themselves from sin.

However, if they do not steal food and remain hungry or even die, then they will be following the will of god because they are always in god's hands. It is definetely hard and it sounds unrealistic to starve yourself to keep from sin, but the price of sin is death and hell, but wouldnt you rather death and heaven?

i TOTALLY agree with my cousin (like first time lol) it is better to die and starve then to commit sin and go to hell :)
  • Cheers D33! lol
  • hey marmara, yea ur right! as if Gods not gonna provide for us anyways!!