SCARED

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey there!

Can i just tell u that i'm scared of everything and i don't no how to stop that.
so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if u have the same problem[ornot, witch is gooooooood] plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give me some tips!

thnx for listening!
GBU

Comments

• [quote author=born_to_shine link=board=10;threadid=4260;start=0#msg58842 date=1155207298]
    Hey there!

Can i just tell u that i'm scared of everything and i don't no how to stop that.
    so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if u have the same problem[ornot, witch is gooooooood] plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give me some tips!

thnx for listening!
    GBU

A Christian should fear only God and nothing else. I don't think there's a short-cut way to overcoming fears, but the ultimate way is to trust in God.

The Lord said that even the hairs on your head are numbered. He is in control of everything and nothing happens without His allowing it. When we realise this (and it takes time), we won't fear anything.

Just read your own singature ;) No fear when Jesus is near :D
  • I am not quite sure how to assist one in that kind of situation. But, yeah, some times it could be earthly to feel that way towards some people, especially friends, who evovles in to/act like complete strangers with out good excuse. That was just my observation from experience.

• hey born_to_shine

im exactly the same!!!!

i think though we may need professional help.

also i think its a matter of faith! one day a monk said to me "how can you be scared of anything when you know how to do the sign of the cross" i have never forgotton that. so everytime i get scared i think aboiut that statement and sign the cross but like i said its a matter of faith!

so dont think your alone.

kristina123
  • i heared yesterday a sermon on this verse : "Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?" lamentations 3:37
    think carefully of it .is there anything in the world can happen without the permission of the lord ,NO.
    and if u r scared specially from devil,try reading St.Antonious` story written by St.Athansious.see how anba Antonious defeated the devil with the sign of the cross.the devil had no power facing st Antonious.reading stories like that gives us strength and courage...
    also think of our lord as a father who defeated a lion and tied it,then he gave it to his sons to play with it.the lion won`t be able to harm the kids as he is tied.and even when he tries to harm them ,the father runs quickly to his sons and beat the lion again and again.....the secret is in staying near the father,our lord jesus christ. :D :D
  • hey born to shine!

you-know??? i love to spend alot of time with abonas! ( who doesn't) and one day i told him that i used to have bad dreams abt my family and my family is precious to me! so he told me... " why be afriad?? if fear is like a lion who is traped in a cage! with a big lock! only the sound that scares, so why get scared if god has the key??!!!"

I HOPE THIS STATEMENT HELPED YOU OUT! cuz i know it does to me alawys!!
    mira
  • maybe read from psalms.. one psalm u can read from is psalm 27..
  • Hey borne_to_shine,
    Don't tell god how big ur problems are. BUT TELL UR PROBLEMS HOW BIG GOD IS.
    I HOPE THAT HELPED!
  • when im scared someytimes,. i usually just satrt reciting a hymn in my head or nay religiuos quote or song to make me less scared and wrried. Also, put the sign of thecross on ur bdy and all around u. that way, the devil will get scadred and run away from ur mind.
  • what exaclly are u scared of.. u cant be scared of everythiong....
  • thnx a lot guys, ur ideas really helped!!! ;)
  • god bless
  • "In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." (Psalm 56:4)
  • Hey Born to Shine!

I may be a tad late in answering you but I was thinking along with prayer (especially reciting the Psalms as soon as you get a negative thought) maybe try to avoid exposing yourself to what scares you in the first place.
    I mean if you're afraid of being in an accident (God forbid) don't read or watch news involving crimes or accidents. The same goes for being scared of ghosts for example, don't watch horror movies...just avoid the source as much as you can.

this may sound kinda dumb but I think it really works!