Communion

Ok i kno this is random but if the blood of christ like spilled in the church like on carpet would they burn the carpet. like i hope i make sense. is there a prayer to make the blood unholy and like not the blood of christ.

PK

Comments

• i don`t think so,the carpet must be burnt.what you said happens only with the water used in baptism before discharging it.if anyone has another opinion plz correct me.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=board=4;threadid=4024;start=0#msg56383 date=1150432787]
    Ok i kno this is random but if the blood of christ like spilled in the church like on carpet would they burn the carpet. like i hope i make sense. is there a prayer to make the blood unholy and like not the blood of christ.

From how I understand it, the carpet would have to be burned by the priest, and the ashes should be scattered in living (running) water.

If it fell on a stone floor, the priest would have to get it all up with a cloth or something, make sure nothing was left on the floor, then he would burn the cloth and scatter that in a river or the next best thing.

I have not heard of a prayer to unconsecrate the bread and wine, though I do know one of the Church Fathers (forget which one) said that Christ would rather withdraw from the Sacrament than for it to be defiled - but that might have just been his private opinion, not sure.
  • hey

i saw this happen once whn i was younger at church and i still remember the priest bent down and tried to get it off the floor with his mouth!!!!

but i never heard about the burning.

Kristina123
  • [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=4;threadid=4024;start=0#msg56472 date=1150547086]
    i saw this happen once whn i was younger at church and i still remember the priest bent down and tried to get it off the floor with his mouth!!!!

The priest must do this, but he will not be able to get all of It up with his mouth, and so the rest of It must be soaked up somehow, and the item used must be disposed of respectfully, which means burning it and scattering the ashes, preferably in a clean river.
  • Yes

but no sorry PopeKyrollos ;D i donot thing that the coptico rthodox church convert the Blood of Christ into wine and water.
  • i dont think burning the carpet is what they would do...at least i dont think so.i dont know...but i mean if blood falls on to the carpet then yeah thats going to be bad cuz its gods blood.so it would be something very important.

mary
  • Actually, if the blood of Our Lord falls on the carpet, yes they do have to burn it, because it's that sacred and that holy, it's not like any ordinary blood, like if we get a paper cut, no, this blood is VERY HOLY, they have to burn the carpet, it's like the body of Our Lord, we have to cover it with the handkerchief, in arabic--laahfafa!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i realy don't think they burn the carpet..they take it and wash it then take the water and throw it in the grass..thats what they also do if someone took comuniun and throw up..i don't know if i am right tho!

GBU
    sandra
  • Ok I saw this happen the day I came home from Florida, a kid hit the chalice while making the sign of the Cross, and the blood went on the carpet and the Priest's garments. So the carpet was cut and the priests garments were taken and burnt, over something that is living. THE BURNING MUST be on something living, grass, etc. And the ashes were left in the same place. This I saw was also done with the Mayroon
  • Wow Very interesting but i wonder why it has to be over something living??
  • well this is the blood of christ.....its not like any other blood so it is very important.....i dont think anything bad would happen in our church though....the carpet would be one thing...so it is important...

mary
  • Once blood leaves your body, it is no longer living correct? It no longer runs and serves a purpose. However Christ's blood is forever living, and that is why it cannot be over something that has no life.
  • can you imagin the poor kid who hit the chalice and made the blood fall- how embarrassing :-\