deacon,bishop,pope?yes or no?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
okay i hope i make sense to everyone who reads this.well do u have to be a deacon to be a pope or bishop in the future?for example can u become a bishop or a pope in the future and never be ordained a deacon?i hope i make sense.please help!

god bless all,
mary

Comments

• sure mary,one can become a bishop or a pope in the future and never be ordained a deacon.one just have to be only a monk even if not being a deacon or epresfeteros.
  • ........ i agree (lol)
  • yes but what are the chances of some1 who hasnt een like been their on the altar become a bishop OR POPE for that matter...

but it is ALLOWED but NOT possible.. :-\
  • sorry why but i don`t understand your question!
  • yes, when a priest becomes ordained he is first ordained as a deacon. The church canons require that. , go to coptic-hymns.net in the forums... you 'll see the answer
  • k
    thanks

mary
  • k well can a someone be a pope and never be a deacon......is that possible?

mary
  • Basketball, for the Pope, that can not be, because, like our current Pope, Pope Shenouda III, he was ordained a deacon, and than a bishop or a priest, and than a Pope, since Pope Kyrillos VI passed away, so I am very certain that you have to become a deacon or a priest/bishop before you become a Pope!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=basketball link=board=4;threadid=3973;start=0#msg56568 date=1150810384]
    k well can a someone be a pope and never be a deacon......is that possible?
    mary

it's not that it's possible or not. you can't just get any person to take care of ALL COPTIC ORTHODOX CHRISTiANS. for example you can't get to 6th grade before entering the other 5 grades before or atleast brove that you're good enough for that grade.
    so normaly a person is a deacon and than be a monk and than a bishop or may be a pope. but deaconship is not medatory, just being a monk.