to get into hevean ????????????

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ok so theres this Bible verse i read yesterday, i dunno remember where i cant find it. But anyways its where jesus says something like,u will go to hevean if u clothed me , fed me visited me in jail n when i was sick n if u didnt u wont go to hevean , so does that mean if we do that to people we will get into hevean that easily, am i being clear enough? well i'd love to hear from u .
copticcross3

Comments

• Mthew 25:34-46
  • We are being enjoin to do good and righteous acts for the sake of God.
    Extend love, goodwill, help to others for the sake of God.
    Remember, we are told when giving alms do it it in such way that your left hand does not know what the right is doing....and the Father who sees will reward accordingly.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=1;threadid=3954;start=0#msg55633 date=1148965889]
    ok so theres this Bible verse i read yesterday, i dunno remember where i cant find it. But anyways its where jesus says something like,u will go to hevean if u clothed me , fed me visited me in jail n when i was sick n if u didnt u wont go to hevean , so does that mean if we do that to people we will get into hevean that easily, am i being clear enough? well i'd love to hear from u .
    copticcross3

In a way, yes. However, it is far from easy. Denying yourself completely - taking up your cross and dying daily - caring only for the needs of others is very hard. Could you imagine selling all you had and giving it to the poor? This is what our Lord required of the man who asked Him what he had to do to attain salvation.

Of course, such actions must also be accompanied by pure faith and a humble heart.